Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Props to Mark for the mod, props to the users brave enough to attempt the upgrade. And thanks for the pictures.

I think I mentioned it already, I'm not sure what the allure is to upgrade from a DNA30 to DNA40... But I respect Mark for allowing us to share pictures of the inside and just allowing the conversation in his thread!

I don't have a huge vape budget like many others might, but I can tell you this, I would love to get a titanium wizard either a DNA30 or whatever if the opportunity presents itself. I have nothing but respect for Mark bugs and all his creations... He is a gifted creator and a wonderful supporter of his users and his devices.

I look forward to my next purchase from him, whatever it may be.

(C'mon gem)

Engineer

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
I think I mentioned it already, I'm not sure what the allure is to upgrade from a DNA30 to DNA40... But I respect Mark for allowing us to share pictures of the inside and just allowing the conversation in his thread!

Think the allure is most attractive with a WEAII + GEM. I've had great experiences with ni200/temp protection with RTA tanks.

WEAII gives off a sleek and sophisticated form factor, and a DNA40 chip provides a uniquely customizable vaping experience. Similar to what @bawas mentioned, when you have a solid ni200 build in a RTA and its tuned just right, you get a flavor experience that a standard Kanthal just can't match.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah, been using Ni in a rose on the we2 and man it's pretty awesome. the dna40 has a lot going for it other than just the temp control. biggest thing I like is, I have a lot of mods so sometimes the we2 may sit unused for a week or more. with the dna30 it's likely the battery will wind up being ruined because the dna30 keeps sucking power till it drains the battery below recovery, the dna40 has a deep sleep function that won't flatten a battery even if it sits a month, so theres that.

there are other nice things too like longer battery run time because the screen dims right away and turns off much sooner, there's other things too like more accurate ohm readings to the hundreth, able to fire much lower ohms, not to mention the 2 key things of 10 more watts and of course the obvious temp control.

all that said the 30 is still a great chip, so the 40 while being better, does not make the 30 bad.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I'm not up to date? Or maybe I am? The gem atty had NOT been released yet right? Qorax must have a beta test sample or something?

Is there any word on release date or price for the GEM?
Supposedly around the end of the month, at least from what I've heard before.

Q is indeed a beta tester.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Weekend brunch with MarkBugs!

6szw1u.jpg

4qj0is.jpg

2ai0upd.jpg

Reactions: MKID

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I can't wait. It will work on The WAE2 without hybrid mode at 21mm right?

Edit: to clarify using the 510 connector still flush at 21mm, in the event those of us that may carry another atty and don't want to use exclusively in hybrid mode and lose the ability to easily switch out atty's in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread