Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Just picked up a WE II in 18650 in the classifieds - what a beautiful mod.
WE2.JPG

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Have you figured out how we can upgrade the WAE DNA 30 yet?

It is impossible to do it on lower costs!
The only way is to send them back to us, and will be 2 shipping cost and the price of the DNA 40 + labor ( every WAE must be modified)

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
It is impossible to do it on lower costs!
The only way is to send them back to us, and will be 2 shipping cost and the price of the DNA 40 + labor ( every WAE must be modified)

If you're not changing the exterior aspects of the mod, what about selling just the DNA40 portion of the mod as an upgrade too? i.e., we just swap out the dna 30 section with the dna 40 section. Could you do that at a reasonable price?

Reactions: alistairs

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
If you're not changing the exterior aspects of the mod, what about selling just the DNA40 portion of the mod as an upgrade too? i.e., we just swap out the dna 30 section with the dna 40 section. Could you do that at a reasonable price?
I've not personally done it, but I thought somebody did a dna40 upgrade to a wae2, and said it was fairly straightforward.

I know Ian did a large screen and said that was for beyond Novice ;) but I think a small screen dna40 would be easy? No?

I have a WAE2 dna30 but haven't used it in a while, been playing with box mods, dna200, dna40 Flasks, etc... And usa customs is still holding holding my 510 replacement pin @mark78 sent me back in March or April? :(

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've not personally done it, but I thought somebody did a dna40 upgrade to a wae2, and said it was fairly straightforward.

I know Ian did a large screen and said that was for beyond Novice ;) but I think a small screen dna40 would be easy? No?

I have a WAE2 dna30 but haven't used it in a while, been playing with box mods, dna200, dna40 Flasks, etc... And usa customs is still holding holding my 510 replacement pin @mark78 sent me back in March or April? :(

It requires a fair amount of changes to the sled, modifications to one of the buttons, etc. Thus, it takes a bit of work and isn't all that straightforward. However, if Mark Bugs has a new sled and replacement button, it would make the task a lot easier.

Reactions: Phone Guy

Engineer

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto

This was the "guide" of sorts I posted: WAE II dna40 swap. Definitely makes sense for @mark78 to do a run of new mods. Retro-fits are labor intensive, I'll guide people into doing their own, but I wouldn't want to perform another.

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Working on the prototype just now.

Cannot wait to buy one! Love the III, little tricky getting it to love ni200 wire, but best BF atty I own by a longshot!
Quality workmanship!!!

vzHOgZQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread