Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I picked up the one that @IanDVaypes (Thank you, Ian!) modified and it is great! Fits perfect with the GG Tilemahos II.
MBWE2-2.JPG

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Yeah, for a stainless steel WAE, but not a titanium WE, unfortunately. Mark or Bugs got back to me & said that you can't use temp protection with titanium.
That's strange - My WE II works fine with my Ataman II using a Ti coil at .32Ω is working perfectly in Temperature Control.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
That's strange - My WE II works fine with my Ataman II using a Ti coil at .32Ω is working perfectly in Temperature Control.
How'd you get your WEII outfitted with a DNA40? You do mean WE2 & not WAE2, right? I meant that Mark & Bugs told me that the titanium wizard's apprentice evolved (not the stainless steel apprentice version) cannot be outfitted with temp control.

I asked him specifically whether he meant titanium wire or the titanium WE2, and he said the WE2.

Here's my conversation:
MB: "You can not use Temperature Protection on Titanium.
Me:"Titanium wire or titanium WE?"
MB: "Titanium WE !"
Me: "Ok. This is unfortunate. Thank you though."

I was all psyched for a bit

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
@IanDVaypes , an ECF member, performed the modification himself on the WE II to replace the dna 30 with a DNA40 chip. When he quit vaping, he put it up for sale in the classifieds and I nabbed it. That is why I thought it was strange that Mark would say that you can't use TP on Titanium. I am using a Ti coil at .32Ω (forget how many wraps), at 14w and 420°F and don't seem to have any issues. Ian also modified a VF to use the DNA200 chip - he indicated it (the modification) wasn't for the faint of heart.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Finally got around to trying the new tube, here it is with an 18500 P3 and an rDNA40. Combined with a GEM, this is one seriously small device.

(the rDNA appears a little taller than it is because of the way I took the picture, but you get the idea)

IMG_20151009_202212.jpg

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
@IanDVaypes , an ECF member, performed the modification himself on the WE II to replace the DNA 30 with a DNA40 chip. When he quit vaping, he put it up for sale in the classifieds and I nabbed it. That is why I thought it was strange that Mark would say that you can't use TP on Titanium. I am using a Ti coil at .32Ω (forget how many wraps), at 14w and 420°F and don't seem to have any issues. Ian also modified a VF to use the DNA200 chip - he indicated it (the modification) wasn't for the faint of heart.
BFDjPAQ.jpeg

ieGc61x.jpeg

ojmBcxU.jpeg

Yep! I wonder who got the flask with dna 200? ;) oh yeah - me.

I guess @mark78 isn't offering the dna40 upgrade to the we2 only the wae2.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Lol...should have known! Saw the pics pop up on FB...must've been a difficult install. Screen looks great. :thumbs:
Ian said it was. All I did was make some cool Vaporflask logo's screens ;) before my first flask (dna40) I used my wae2 exclusively. Now my wae2 sits in a mod stand, wondering when I'll use it again. :(

Reactions: Siam Diesel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread