Wizard Labs- Your Favorite Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I failed at my DIY - so kinda have left it aside for the time being. I was mixing single tobacco flavors (both TPA and FA)- could not vape em - finally someone suggested mixing in a bit of caramel or chocolate or vanilla or candy floss. I have been busy DIYing with wicks and coils (with better success then e juice) - but need to order some of these from WL and try again..........

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I have been steady doing this for over a week, and it's hard to find something I can use all day. I have found two blends I have been using on the regular, Vanilla/Black Honey Tobacco, and Blueberry Xtra (sometimes both at the same time). That being said, I cannot use just these all day like I could Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice. It's like starting over from day one of vaping when I experimented with literally hundreds of juices from vendors.

It's frustrating, fun, annoying, and rewarding at the same time. I am still a peon in the DIY game, so I am flavor chasing. I feel like it's best to stick with flavors you know or think for sure you can vape. Then purchase experimental flavors, and branch off.

My problem isn't not knowing what I like, it's finding the right version of what I like :)

Don't give up. If you need, I can send you a blend or two that I mixed up (or I can mix you up something with what I have) to hold you over.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Thanks Levitas - I think I just need to order some of those flavors I mentioned and try to blend em in with the tob flavors. To be honest I hated the taste of Marlboro lights. My first order I got too many fruit flavors - and I just cannot stand straight fruity flavors. I recently got some choc tob from MT Baker - it was good. I think mixing something sweet is the key. Recently my Credit card info was ripped off by someone who tried to purchase stuff online. Well long story short - am waiting for the replacement to come in so I can place an order......will definitely get back into DIY.....

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
I have been steady doing this for over a week, and it's hard to find something I can use all day. I have found two blends I have been using on the regular, Vanilla/Black Honey Tobacco, and Blueberry Xtra (sometimes both at the same time). That being said, I cannot use just these all day like I could Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice. It's like starting over from day one of vaping when I experimented with literally hundreds of juices from vendors.

It's frustrating, fun, annoying, and rewarding at the same time. I am still a peon in the DIY game, so I am flavor chasing. I feel like it's best to stick with flavors you know or think for sure you can vape. Then purchase experimental flavors, and branch off.

My problem isn't not knowing what I like, it's finding the right version of what I like :)

Don't give up. If you need, I can send you a blend or two that I mixed up (or I can mix you up something with what I have) to hold you over.

Yeah it really is a lot easier to start with mild flavors that you'd think could compliment tobacco flavors. They sent me a free sample of a flavor called "huckleberry" and omg I couldn't stand it. It ruined the mixing bottle even after washing, the wick and coil had to be replaced and the tank washed thoroughly. So now I stick with flavors naturally found in tobacco products, vanilla, carmel, brown sugar ect.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.

this reminds me of myself... when i first started DIY... i was mixing up alot of fruits and stuff.. but then i mixed up some tobacco for the hell of it.... and boom, i noticed i was reeeaaallly into tobaccos, one day.. you will hit that boom and say "damn, this is good".. and find yourself vaping it allllll day.. or you will mix some flavors up and say "this is the most fantastic mix i have ever made in my life.." (you hit your spot)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
this reminds me of myself... when i first started DIY... i was mixing up alot of fruits and stuff.. but then i mixed up some tobacco for the hell of it.... and boom, i noticed i was reeeaaallly into tobaccos, one day.. you will hit that boom and say "damn, this is good".. and find yourself vaping it allllll day.. or you will mix some flavors up and say "this is the most fantastic mix i have ever made in my life.." (you hit your spot)

Yeah, the shame of it is, I've already walked this road before, with pre-mixed liquid. Hundreds of flavors, who knows how much money, until I finally found out that Boba's Bounty filled all my needs quite well.

As much as I still task myself on finding a suitable doppleganger of Boba's and Gorilla juice, I will have to settle with something I know can get me through the day without getting tired of it. This is just the beginning, and though I am new at mixing, I'm definitely no rookie with flavors. You're right though, I'll find that flavor, what ever is. Hopefully sooner than later :D

I did find a couple that are working pretty well, I just need to expand.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
anyone have any recommendation of percentage to use of 555?

I really would like to recreate the dk tab from aroma ejuice(without the wta of course).

I just ordered a bunch of flavors from them, one of them the 555.
I'm waiting for the order to come in.

They suggest 5%.
I will add some hazelnut, because I like it to have a nutty taste.
I've never ordered from them and am hoping they do not taste perfumy,

Maybe someone here who has tried the 555 can help us out.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I just ordered a bunch of flavors from them, one of them the 555.
I'm waiting for the order to come in.

They suggest 5%.
I will add some hazelnut, because I like it to have a nutty taste.
I've never ordered from them and am hoping they do not taste perfumy,

Maybe someone here who has tried the 555 can help us out.

have you tried any 555 before??

if not, then first try it on its own before you add the hazelnut at the recommended percentage because 555 is nutty as it is...

if you like it even nuttier.. then the it with the hazelnut. i have never had any hazelnut flavoring.. i should grab some though...

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
have you tried any 555 before??

if not, then first try it on its own before you add the hazelnut at the recommended percentage because 555 is nutty as it is...

if you like it even nuttier.. then the it with the hazelnut. i have never had any hazelnut flavoring.. i should grab some though...

Yes I've tried 555 before, I really like it.
I might add 1 drop to start with.

I hope their hazelnut tastes good.
I add it to every single juice I get, even from vendors.

Thanks!

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
About to order some more supplies, and more flavors. Just ran out of Commercial tobacco flavor, it's a great tobacco flavor to start out with for anyone because it's a very mild lightly sweet tobacco flavor. Sticking with different tobacco flavors, different sweeteners, and menthols seems to be the key to making good juices for me. Can't wait to try them out!

Another one I liked:
5% commercial tobacco
3% brown sugar
2% Carmel
10% water
25% VG/nic 60mg per ml
55% Vegetable Glycerin

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I haven't been DIYing too long, but I'm rather enjoying 10% Apple, 2% Pumpkin Spice and 0.5% EM (10% EM solution) in 50/50 18mg. I have the same recipe, substituting Pumpkin for Apple that is steeping.

I'm vaping, what I'm calling Apple Cider, almost exclusively now. Next time I make it, I'm thinking about upping the Apple to 15% to try and get it a little closer to Dude Cider from Vape Dudes.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
About to order some more supplies, and more flavors. Just ran out of Commercial tobacco flavor, it's a great tobacco flavor to start out with for anyone because it's a very mild lightly sweet tobacco flavor. Sticking with different tobacco flavors, different sweeteners, and menthols seems to be the key to making good juices for me. Can't wait to try them out!

Another one I liked:
5% commercial tobacco
3% brown sugar
2% Carmel
10% water
25% VG/nic 60mg per ml
55% Vegetable Glycerin

heyyyyy, thats my all day vape minus the caramel.... im gonna add it in and see how yours tastes.. what caramel do you use ?

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX

Another one I liked:
5% commercial tobacco
3% brown sugar
2% Carmel
10% water
25% VG/nic 60mg per ml
55% Vegetable Glycerin

Was about to place my order - me thinks this may be something I may like as well - WL is outta the Commercial TOB - now I wait......thanks for the recipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread