• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Women's health and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I am diabetic, so any change in meds, sugar, acid (too much oj ect.) will throw me off and give me yeast infections. So far so good, but I have only been off analogs for 2 days. The nic in the PV is only 11mg, less then my old smokes, we will see. I am having a chin breakout. lol I didn't even have those when I was a teen! I think it is the vapor on my skin. No big deal though.
Mary

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I am type two, I am Hispanic and we are prone to diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was in my mid 30's. I also gained a ton of weight, that didn't help! I lost the weight, kept the diabetes and added high blood pressure. So far no change in my blood sugar..it's still high, B.P. is good though. What I worried about was snacking instead of smoking. It seems to be ok so far.
My Dr. will have a cow about the e-cigs, but she won't be upset about not smoking.
Mary

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
How about lack of libido? I have no shame admitting it that since I've been vaping it's decreased a bit. I found it obvious due to the timing of when I started vaping. There have been studies that have found evidence that nicotine affected males but had no idea it might affect women as well. Then again, maybe it's not the nicotine in the liquid and perhaps something else. Any input or similar experiences?

I haven't noticed anything else health-wise pertaining to female stuff so far.

Last edited:

melissa

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
How about lack of libido? I have no shame admitting it that since I've been vaping it's decreased a bit and I found it obvious due to the timing of when I started vaping. There have been studies that have found a evidence that nicotine affected males but had no idea it might affect women as well. Then again, maybe it's not the nicotine in the liquid and perhaps something else. Any input or similar experiences?

I haven't noticed anything else health-wise pertaining to female stuff so far.
Maybe it has to do with Lactic acid making you tired? I know my muscles are sore and I get tired sometimes easy....maybe have some afternoon delight:)

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Ok, I went through the change, was almost done with 7 yrs of misery, when after knocking-down my intake of analogs to vape, I started getting the hot flashes back and a lot of them, and strong ones that steam up my glasses again.... Ugh!!! (I don't believe them to be from the vaing, but from either lowering the dose of nicotine or from some compound in tobacco which reduces the amount & intensity of them.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
I am a no carb kind of girl and I was afraid that vaping would kick me out of ketosis, but hasn't effected it at all, so I am sooooo happy!
as far as libido......huge INCREASE and I'm guessing it is due to lack of tar and smoke inhalation. Better stamina.
Woot Woot!

Are you sure we're both vaping the same substances? Just kidding :)

I started going to the gym again so I'm always full of energy (so its counter-attacking if anything, any "tired" symptoms that may be coming from the liquid).

Perhaps, I still have some withdrawel symptoms and it might subconsiously be stressing me out. I will be looking into this more.

DMacRae

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Central NY (Fingerlakes)
I am a no carb kind of girl and I was afraid that vaping would kick me out of ketosis, but hasn't effected it at all, so I am sooooo happy!
as far as libido......huge INCREASE and I'm guessing it is due to lack of tar and smoke inhalation. Better stamina.
Woot Woot!
I'm Zero Carb, too. Amazing the difference in how you feel, isn't it?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
MonkeyMonk, Thank You! A lot of that stuff I already knew..about Age's and meats. But it never occured to me that e-cigs could also be a contributer. Glad they shot that down.
I am sore so I think maybe walking and lite weights are in order. I love to walk but hate to do weights. Maybe all I need to do it work the soreness out. I am a great believer in pro-active medicine.
Maybe circulation is begining to come back!
Mary

bmacva

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
How about weight? I've seen some posts "outside" regarding weight...some say they've lost, some say they've gained and some say no change. From a purely female perspective, how is the weight going?

Unfortunately, I've picked the worst time to quit, I've gained 5 pounds in a month. That was due to stress I think. But once I've put it on, it's very hard to take it off. I just got a Wii Fit, an exercise mat, a heart rate monitor/pedometer (wearing it at work today to see how many calories I burn sitting here reading and typing instead of actually working...lol) and I'm hungry!!!

JennFL5366

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Pinellas Park
i had a few issues didn't know if they are vaping related but after reading i may be slightly alergic to pg. i broke out on my chest little tiny pimples everywhere...itchy sholders..and down there infection..also a bit sore but since im hypo thyroid i just chalked the pain/stiffness issues and tiredness to my meds being a tad off. i just ordered vg liquid and will let hubs use the pg stuff. i think it will clear up will let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread