Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm trying these again now and I'm going to vape each one for a while to get a feel. They've been steeping almost a month.

First up is the Ruyan Custard and it has turned out great @ 5%. Not the strongest flavor in the world - so 5% is tasty but I feel it could be more, especially if using as a single flavor. But in a mix I'd say 5-6% is probably about right for my tastes. Anyway, it steeps into a fairly rich vanilla custard - with a very woody tone to it. It's remarkable actually. I really like this. I would imagine that this would make an interesting custard base for something darker and earthier, and I may think of some ways to mess around with it. I'll treat it as an "experimental" flavoring because I'm just not sure how the woody tone would mix with normal custard recipes (IE this is no substitute for CAP's custard--it is different).

I think this would be excellent in tobacco.

Next I'll probably try the caramel butter, later today. Then pecan.

The pecans would definitely mix well with this custard, based upon my previous taste of the pecan.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I got a couple but so far have only mixed up Sour Blue Raspberry Candy. It's very good at 5%... Tastes like what it's supposed to be but isn't overly sour or sweet.
I also grabbed the Tahitian Vanilla Cream and Caramel butter. Both smell good, especially the Caramel one. I'll try to report back when I actually mix them

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I got a couple but so far have only mixed up Sour Blue Raspberry Candy. It's very good at 5%... Tastes like what it's supposed to be but isn't overly sour or sweet.
I also grabbed the Tahitian Vanilla Cream and Caramel butter. Both smell good, especially the Caramel one. I'll try to report back when I actually mix them
I have a feeling the caramel butter is super good. My first taste test was great. Keep us posted!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Forgot to update. Tried Tahitian Vanilla Cream @ 5%, 1 month steep and it was really good. I enjoyed it, and will be trying it in place of Shisha Vanilla for a while. It's a tad darker and deeper than many vanillas I have tried, and I dig it.

Just now loaded up Roasted Pecans and Cream @ 4%. Oh. My. God. This is heavenly...it's got a nice sweetness to it, and it conveys the taste of roasted pecans quite well. My wick's not fully broken in yet but it tastes outstanding. This is good by itself, and would go great with tobaccos, coffees, custards, ice creams etc...I see this being a pretty versatile flavoring really. Love this one.

I ordered several more WF flavors the other day from Gremlin and they arrived yesterday. I mixed up a few of the recipes on the WF website and have high hopes for them.

My experience so far is good. Haven't tried Caramel Butter by itself yet since it steeped but I've dripped it on a few other recipes to see what I thought, and---absolutely delicious caramel.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Update...caramel butter is outstanding. It is such, such a good caramel. And the roasted pecans even solo is just simply breathtaking.

I cannot wait for my WF recipes to steep their suggested time. I am really excited about these flavorings and the recipes WF released, especially the buttercream pecan and roasted pecan latte (if their coffee flavor is not good, I will replace it with MF coffee, because a roasted pecan latte sounds like it is to die for)

I really am super impressed this far and very enthusiastic about all these flavorings. I think caramel butter will be my main caramel from now on and tahitian vanilla cream one of my main vanillas. Roasted pecan will make its way into as many recipes as possible.

On Thursday my WF recipes will be ready according to the suggested steep times. I really don't know if I can wait that long. On monday I go skiing and may load up the buttercream pecan - blasphemy??

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I found you over here...this is the Gremlin stuff I was referring to in the other thread.
Ah gotcha...yeah, I'm really blown away by these so far. Actually, I think in an hour or 2, I may go ahead and load up the Buttercream Pecan recipe Wonder Flavours posted on their site. Premature - I mixed it on 2/13 and it is supposed to steep 10 days. But it smells and sounds divine. Think I'll load it up tonight and take it skiing tomorrow.

The only ones i've tried solo thus far are Caramel Butter, Ruyan Custard and Tahitian Vanilla Cream. All are excellent. The custard is weird - very earthy/woodsy/almost smoky. I like it a lot. The vanilla and the caramel are two of the best in their class, IMHO.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Ok, I'm vaping on a WF exclusive recipe posted on their website, called Buttercream Pecan. Here is their recipe:

Flavour Concentrate Percent
Butter Pecan Pie (WF) 1.25%
Butterscotch Cream Pie (WF) 0.50%
Caramel Rice Crispy Treats (WF) 0.50%
Hazelnuts & Cream (WF) 0.75%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 6.50%
Suggested Steep Time: 10 days

This is DELICIOUS - oh my god!!! It's only steeped for 6 days but it won't make it to 10.

Wonder Flavours is KILLING IT. I hate to hype stuff up! I'm not an overly experienced DIYer for one thing, and I'm personally sick of all the hyped flavors that disappoint me in the end. But, my experience is wonderful with this stuff.

Supposedly, these people are chefs who vape - so, I'm not exactly surprised their flavors are great, and the fact that they post recipes for eLiquid is just awesome.

I made a 20ml sample but I'll be making about 100ml later tonight...I'll review the other recipes as I get to them, and give better tasting notes on this one once I've vaped it a while. Right now, (and I'm a tad stuffy by the way), it just tastes like a butter pecan cream that's just out of this freakin' world...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Roasted Pecan Latte Recipe
Caramel Rice Crispy Treats (WF) 2.00%
Chocolate Chunks (WF) 1.50%
Roasted Pecans & Cream (WF) 2.50%
Smooth Cappuccino Cream (WF) 0.75%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 2.75%

It has steeped 8 days and it is so good I plan to mix up 100ml ASAP. I haven't tried every flavor solo, but I can tell you I don't like chocolate normally, not even Molinberry's, but this one must be good because it is so nice in this recipe. Same for the coffee - this isn't an in-your-face coffee recipe, but the coffee taste is good and it is layered beautifully. I will post more thoughts after it finishes developing.

Out of the 2 WF recipes I have tried thus far, both have resulted in ADVs.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Out of the 2 WF recipes I have tried thus far, both have resulted in ADVs.
I ordered three of them when you spoke of these a few days ago: Roasted Pecans & Cream, Butterscotch Cream Pie, and Tahitian Vanilla. They should be here tomorrow.
I see on the Wonder Flavours site in the recipes, there's one for Butterscotch Ice Cream with Chocolate Shavings. If I like the three that's on the way, I'll get the rest to make that recipe as it sounds like something I'd like.
The way you describe them, I think I will like them. I like plenty of flavour, so may add slightly more.

I like dark chocolate, and usually use Capella Dutch Chocolate Mint and their Double Chocolate, but the former is discontinued and the latter replaced by V2. So it'll be interesting to see what Wonder's chocolate is like!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I ordered three of them when you spoke of these a few days ago: Roasted Pecans & Cream, Butterscotch Cream Pie, and Tahitian Vanilla. They should be here tomorrow.
I see on the Wonder Flavours site in the recipes, there's one for Butterscotch Ice Cream with Chocolate Shavings. If I like the three that's on the way, I'll get the rest to make that recipe as it sounds like something I'd like.
The way you describe them, I think I will like them. I like plenty of flavour, so may add slightly more.

I like dark chocolate, and usually use Capella Dutch Chocolate Mint and their Double Chocolate, but the former is discontinued and the latter replaced by V2. So it'll be interesting to see what Wonder's chocolate is like!
I need to see if I have everything to make that recipe, if so I need to make it. I bet you'll like these as they are quite unique. Keep us posted when you try them...we need more opinions than just mine :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I need to see if I have everything to make that recipe, if so I need to make it. I bet you'll like these as they are quite unique. Keep us posted when you try them...we need more opinions than just mine :)
Will do it's only three flavours, and adds up to 10%, so easy to make any quantity - I like easy ones!

I'll only need to get the chocolate, but will also get the caramel butter, and perhaps more of the butterscotch too, as it sounds useful.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Will do it's only three flavours, and adds up to 10%, so easy to make any quantity - I like easy ones!

I'll only need to get the chocolate, but will also get the caramel butter, and perhaps more of the butterscotch too, as it sounds useful.
I like easy, too. I'm going to mix it up tonight as I do have the ingredients. Now that I know their chocolate tastes good to me, I bet I'll love that recipe. I made 150ml of the Latte last night. It is easily one of the best flavors I've ever vaped. The buttercream pecan is as well. I like these because they're simple even when there's a bit of complexity. They're balanced, and everything is just tasty and pulls me back in for more. These recipes are spot-on so far and I'm really blown away. To my knowledge, no other flavoring company posts recipes using their own flavors, so this is very cool of them to do especially since they know their own flavorings so well. It also gives me a good idea of how to use their flavors in my own recipes.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I like easy, too. I'm going to mix it up tonight as I do have the ingredients. Now that I know their chocolate tastes good to me, I bet I'll love that recipe. I made 150ml of the Latte last night. It is easily one of the best flavors I've ever vaped. The buttercream pecan is as well. I like these because they're simple even when there's a bit of complexity. They're balanced, and everything is just tasty and pulls me back in for more. These recipes are spot-on so far and I'm really blown away. To my knowledge, no other flavoring company posts recipes using their own flavors, so this is very cool of them to do especially since they know their own flavorings so well. It also gives me a good idea of how to use their flavors in my own recipes.
I just ordered the chocolate, caramel butter, and more of the butterscotch cream pie.
My first order didn't arrive yet - I blame the slowness of the post, as they did despatch them the next day, but they usually turn up the day after. We'll be out when the post comes tomorrow too.

The latte sounds really nice, but I get sick of coffee flavour ones rather fast.

Hopefully, I'll get that ice cream one made soon! You'll know how it is before I do, so looking forward to hearing.

Some of the flavours sound very versatile in an interesting way.

I have a number of one shot type concentrates I'm yet to try ...some DIYorDIE, some Vaping Home Mixers, and a few others.
One of my favourites though is one the supplier used to make ready to use, and has five flavours in it. I try to make at least 100ml concentrate each time to avoid having to mess around with it all too often.

I'm currently really taken with two of the ready to use Kilo White ones: White Chocolate Strawberry (tastes like lovely fresh strawberries & cream), and Ice Cream Sandwich (chocolate wafer vanilla ice cream) - I'd especially like to find a clone recipe for them, so I'll be looking out for those!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I just ordered the chocolate, caramel butter, and more of the butterscotch cream pie.
My first order didn't arrive yet - I blame the slowness of the post, as they did despatch them the next day, but they usually turn up the day after. We'll be out when the post comes tomorrow too.

The latte sounds really nice, but I get sick of coffee flavour ones rather fast.

Hopefully, I'll get that ice cream one made soon! You'll know how it is before I do, so looking forward to hearing.

Some of the flavours sound very versatile in an interesting way.

I have a number of one shot type concentrates I'm yet to try ...some DIYorDIE, some Vaping Home Mixers, and a few others.
One of my favourites though is one the supplier used to make ready to use, and has five flavours in it. I try to make at least 100ml concentrate each time to avoid having to mess around with it all too often.

I'm currently really taken with two of the ready to use Kilo White ones: White Chocolate Strawberry (tastes like lovely fresh strawberries & cream), and Ice Cream Sandwich (chocolate wafer vanilla ice cream) - I'd especially like to find a clone recipe for them, so I'll be looking out for those!
Those sound good. DIYorDie makes some good recipes. I especially like his Triple C's (granted I made several substitutions).

I'll be loading up the Glazed Banana later, and I'll post my thoughts after I've vaped on it for a while.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Those sound good. DIYorDie makes some good recipes. I especially like his Triple C's (granted I made several substitutions).

I'll be loading up the Glazed Banana later, and I'll post my thoughts after I've vaped on it for a while.
My supplier doesn't seem to have the Triple C's concentrate, but I have the recipe saved from their site.
They did make up some ready to use of the DIYorDIE ones for one of the fairs, but the flavours seemed to fade fairly quickly.

Hope the Glazed Banana turns out well!
Best banana I had was the one Clark did - Banana Pudding ...the banana tasted like a not too ripe fresh banana, which is how I prefer them. I also liked the Moose one - they had a few that I liked in 3mg VG, but don't think they're sold here now.

Have you seen the Vaping Home Brewers (Mixers) handbook? there used to be a website with links to Vol's 1 & 2 but the site seems to have gone.
I did find this: Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Amazon also does them quite cheaply in paperback. The UK supplier I use has a fair number of their concentrates too.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Glazed Banana Recipe
Banana Purée (WF) 2.00%
Butterscotch Cream Pie (WF) 4.00%
Caramel Butter (WF) 1.00%
Hazelnuts & Cream (WF) 0.15%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 1.00%

This is good. I'llpost more thoughts on it tomorrow because my sinuses are weird tonight. But I like it a lot. Think it will be a great summer biking vape!

3/3 on WF recipes so far.

Mixed up the butterscotch ice cream with chocate shavings tonight. 60ml. I'm done with small samples of WF recipes...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
My supplier doesn't seem to have the Triple C's concentrate, but I have the recipe saved from their site.
They did make up some ready to use of the DIYorDIE ones for one of the fairs, but the flavours seemed to fade fairly quickly.

Hope the Glazed Banana turns out well!
Best banana I had was the one Clark did - Banana Pudding ...the banana tasted like a not too ripe fresh banana, which is how I prefer them. I also liked the Moose one - they had a few that I liked in 3mg VG, but don't think they're sold here now.

Have you seen the Vaping Home Brewers (Mixers) handbook? there used to be a website with links to Vol's 1 & 2 but the site seems to have gone.
I did find this: Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Amazon also does them quite cheaply in paperback. The UK supplier I use has a fair number of their concentrates too.
I haven't seen that! Interesting. The best banana I have had was Clark's too.that was surreal...I could taste the wafers.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I haven't seen that! Interesting. The best banana I have had was Clark's too.that was surreal...I could taste the wafers.
Me too! If I changed the wattage a tad, I got all the elements of real banana pudding. The banana, the custard, the wafers and the meringue on top. That's the best banana vape I've ever tried.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Drat! We had to take the dogs to the groomers this afternoon, and a different postman came ...didn't know our 'safe place' so left a red card ...re-delivery first date is Saturday, so will have to wait before I can try the new flavours!
I ordered more of them last night, so they may all arrive together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread