Wondering if this can be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzin44

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2012
Glasford,Il
I know I am asking a stupid question but I figured I would not get too beat up for asking here. My battery charger died and I have no way to charge the batteries for my lavatubes. I am waiting for the new one to come in the mail since they do not sell them around here. Here is the stupid part: Somene suggested i leave the battery in the lavatube and hook up my old ego charger to the top. I am thinking this is not a good idea. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I would think it would fry the board in the tube.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
This thread is a little dated but for future reference read on.
This problem is easily solved if you live in a fairly large town [50,000 and up] should have a hobby Lobby of something similar that deals with RC {Remote Control} [Radio Control] cars planes and helicopters. They have an array of lithium chargers that are adjustable as well, Lithium Polly Hydride, Lithium Ion, A123 etc. Bring your MOD battery in with you and the hobby store can help you decide what settings to use. Don't get a “Rapid” charger, they are to aggressive for the protected battery.
I used my Lithium Polly Hydride [LiPo] in a pinch and the action needs to be supervised. On of my chargers where to aggressive, I use it for my RC Helicopter. The Battery got warm [not hot] and a simple Volt check showed full charge so I interrupted it right there and shut it off. Battery is fine but remember when doing a survival stunt you are accepting some risk. Enough PC [Political Correct] for now. A converted charger that used to charge a cell phone with a battery rated 3.7 volts lithium will slow charge [8 hours to 12 hours]. You need to be handy with a soldering gun to adapt it.
“Git'er Done!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread