Wood Mods - New

Discussion in 'DiscountVapers' started by gormly, Apr 6, 2012.

1. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

Wood Mods - New
    04/06/2012

XL3
    Redwood Burl

[​IMG]

XL3 Mini Bigleaf Maple Burl (Blue)
    [​IMG]

XL3 Tasmanian Sassafras Burl

[​IMG]

XL3 Mini Redwood Burl
    [​IMG]

These are not on the website yet, they will be in a few hours, they are shipping now and should be here in a couple days.

2. Bayemon

Bayemon Senior Member Verified Member

Check out this pretty little number I will be picking up - Go-go with a GGDCC cone. Fantastic work.

[​IMG]

3. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member

WOW these are pretty sweet looking!! :)

4. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

That one didn't even make it to the website :)

5. Bayemon

Bayemon Senior Member Verified Member

It will make it to my CART on 4/15 though. :vapor:

6. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member

Eric, as word gets around, I bet these become your signature items.

I am not a mod collector, but dang, I'm tempted as hell to order a the X3's to go along with E-Power Burl I have on order.

Kicking myself for not trying out the We Pay service. Snail mail and checks are so 1980's lol.

7. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

I am fairly certain I know who you are as far as screen name to person who ordered (forgive me I am still loopy and in pain from this tooth), but to confirm send me an email at eric at gormly dot com. I am perfectly willing to send out the mod now to shave a few days off of travel time, since tomorrow is Saturday, we can get it in the mail and on it's way.

8. Big Screen D

Can't figure out your email, but I just sent you one through your site Eric.

9. Big Screen D

Quick question on these.

Does both the the XL3 and 14650 E-Power top caps have eGo threading? I know both have 510 threading, but can a Vision eGo Clearomizer go on these without an adapter? I think I read that the 14650 E Power has larger cone threads than eGo.

If so, I need to order a couple of 14650 switches so I can grind off the cone threads for the clearo's.

10. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

Natively the Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer will fit only on the XL3 and takes the place of the cone, for the ePower you will need an extension and then the cone will not fit. It will work on an ePower but will not look nearly as finished.

11. AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf Absinthe Minded Diva! Verified Member

Oh noooooooo - more wood for me to lust after...... :wub: I am in so much trouble...8-o

12. Big Screen D

Well looks like I'm going to be a wood collector after all lol. We'll see what a CE4+ looks like on my 14650 after I put a Dremel to the cone threads. Nice being able to change out the switch on these since I definitely want to use the way cool cone it comes with.

Regarding the XL3's. Any plans to stock replacement switches for those? Li-ion Batteries?

13. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

I have replacement switches and batteries on the website. :)

Spare Parts for many items we carry

Batteries - DiscountVapers.com

14. Big Screen D

Know what would be cool?

A line of wood skins like these beauties designed to slide over eGo and Riva batteries. Make them removable with an imbedded brass set screw. Hell, just about every vaper has these batteries laying around. Bet they'd be a great seller! Make em with/and without matching cones and drip tips.

15. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

you mean like a piece of laminate?

16. Big Screen D

17. Big Screen D

Sort off. Same elliptical design as you have, not a veneer.

18. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

This one is back in stock:

[​IMG]

Someone purchased it and the switch went bad, they did not want it repaired for themself, so I repaired it with a new battery and switch and it is new again, no scratches, no dings, perfect condition.

19. gormly

gormly Forum Supplier

I sell IMR and Li-on batteries

20. Big Screen D

18350Li-ion Don't see em.

Putting the beer down, headed to the sack.:toast: