Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
It is just so darn cool that you listed the possible side effects from a few woods. I'm hyper sensitized due to my severe fibromyalgia, and something like someone spraying a cologne on other side of the house with 3 closed doors between makes me nuts, so I have to be careful with everything.

I can't remember his name or his site... gosh, brain fry... but someone here will know. The guy who makes the 'chuck' personalized mods? He has a very simple site, but in it are pages and pages of every one he's made with unique graphics. Its almost intoxicating, all that gorgeous vapey goodness in one place! lol Something like that with your wood beauties would be beyond cool!! And yeah, being able to see all these woods together and how they look in final form would be awesome. lol But no matter what, we don't want to keep you out of the workshop dealing with webpages! ;)

And really love the idea of a short cone for tanks, and a regular cone for standard sized cartos. Would that be possible with the Indulgence, as well? I use both, and it would be great to have a cone for either occasion. I LOVE how the cone looks on that mod. That's one of the things that thrilled me so much about it, so an extra shorty for an upcharge would be amazing.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Do you have a link of the source?

Sure. I didn't post it in case you guys were concerned about opening a can of worms with PIA peeps like me driving you crazy with this stuff. 8-o Rod Handle Blanks Products - Order Online Today

Lewis, thanks for posting those specs. Now that should be a sticky link on the new custom ordering tab!

I looking to get the spousal unit a E Power w/cone and drip tip. The wood she likes on that site is Box Elder Burl Blue SKU 30BLU-306 (1.5x1.5x5.5).

I also see you have in stock Box Elder Burl Blue and Purple. (BS015 and BS016). That could work as well. Pics?

One last question. If she screws up the threads on the tube, and she will eventually, would it be possible to replace the tube? I surmise though that it's glued in permanently.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
It is just so darn cool that you listed the possible side effects from a few woods. I'm hyper sensitized due to my severe fibromyalgia, and something like someone spraying a cologne on other side of the house with 3 closed doors between makes me nuts, so I have to be careful with everything.

I can't remember his name or his site... gosh, brain fry... but someone here will know. The guy who makes the 'chuck' personalized mods? He has a very simple site, but in it are pages and pages of every one he's made with unique graphics. Its almost intoxicating, all that gorgeous vapey goodness in one place! lol Something like that with your wood beauties would be beyond cool!! And yeah, being able to see all these woods together and how they look in final form would be awesome. lol But no matter what, we don't want to keep you out of the workshop dealing with webpages! ;)

And really love the idea of a short cone for tanks, and a regular cone for standard sized cartos. Would that be possible with the Indulgence, as well? I use both, and it would be great to have a cone for either occasion. I LOVE how the cone looks on that mod. That's one of the things that thrilled me so much about it, so an extra shorty for an upcharge would be amazing.
People need to be aware that the possibility is there. If your drip tip cracks you may experience symptoms due to your severe fibromyalgia. Also if any one is allergic to plastic, CA is a plastic.
Here is a link to a chart for lots of woods. Wood Allergies and Toxicity | The Wood Database

There are lots of people making really cool mods. I drool over a lot of them too. :D

Yes I should be able to make cones to fit different cartos and offer multiple matching cones. The pieces of wood required will increase in length though. I currently have a pre-order to make a indulgence cone to fit a 3.5ml vision. Again I have not tried these cones yet but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I can't wait to see how it is going to turn out.

I should also be able to make different size drip tips to fit different diameter cartos. If the tip already exists then so does the o-ring. If the tip does not then I will have to track down o-rings for them that will work.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Sure. I didn't post it in case you guys were concerned about opening a can of worms with PIA peeps like me driving you crazy with this stuff. 8-o Rod Handle Blanks Products - Order Online Today

Lewis, thanks for posting those specs. Now that should be a sticky link on the new custom ordering tab!

I looking to get the spousal unit a E Power w/cone and drip tip. The wood she likes on that site is Box Elder Burl Blue SKU 30BLU-306 (1.5x1.5x5.5).

I also see you have in stock Box Elder Burl Blue and Purple. (BS015 and BS016). That could work as well. Pics?

One last question. If she screws up the threads on the tube, and she will eventually, would it be possible to replace the tube? I surmise though that it's glued in permanently.

I don't know about the PIA peeps....but anyways thanks for the link :)
I have been to their site and they have very nice wood. burlsource tends to have the same quality for a cheaper price. If anyone sees a piece of wood that catches their eye on Rod Handle Blanks Products - Order Online Today<----(opps now I posted it too) I would be happy to turn them.
I think Eric was talking about posting the wood inventory list somewhere. He is much better at the forum stuff than I am. I seem to break rules everywhere I go :facepalm:

If Box Elder Burl Blue SKU 30BLU-306 (1.5x1.5x5.5). catches her eye I would go with it. The box elder (blue)(purple) that I have is rough cut and all whited out. Until I turn it I have no idea how the color will look. About all can see is that the burl is nicely figured. I can try to put thinner or water on them, but it doesn't look like when they sand and polish them. When I go by the shop I will see about trying to sand and buff some pieces.

The tube is glued to the wood and is not replaceable. On the 14650 the threads are pressed into the tube. I beat out the threaded part with a small diameter tube prior to turning. I do not know if the CA would hold up to the beating. Worst case I would have to replace the threads and the finish. Best case I could just replace the threads.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Ah, I see what you mean about the threads being pressed in, rather than the tube itself being threaded. That makes me feel better knowing that if she cross threads them, at least there is a chance of fixing it.

Well cool then. Y'all let me know what her Mothers day gift is going to set me back including my DIY wood finder, repeat customer, and he's a cool dude discount :D

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Change in the threads

Please read.

As of today, 04/14/2012 I have created a new thread for current custom wood mod orders, please direct any discussions with Lewis on your custom mod in that thread, I would like to leave this one open for general discussion of the wood mod and for pictures of new mods and purchases made, reviews, praise, comments, suggestions. If your post involves that, please continue to post here.

If you have a wood mod being made, want one made or have had one made, please use the other thread for that discussion. That thread will be monitored solely by Lewis and I will not jump in unless we have a price question.

You are free to post pictures of your purchased mod here for all to see :)

I will be moving some posts over to that thread today, so if you don't see yours here, look there.
Sorry for the changes, just want to keep everything organized.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yeah, I kinda figured I'd just use my super snazzy wood tip when I was out and about, and use super durable metal ones when I'm doing my normal day to day stuff. I'd hate to break the pretty wood one, anyway, but its sure great to have! ;) BTW, I just peeked at the site, and see you've added some custom options. Which of those categories would an 'in stock' wooded indulgence be, with the cone and tip, just like txtumbleweed's be?... again, with an 'in stock' wood... not his exact one.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Yeah, I kinda figured I'd just use my super snazzy wood tip when I was out and about, and use super durable metal ones when I'm doing my normal day to day stuff. I'd hate to break the pretty wood one, anyway, but its sure great to have! ;) BTW, I just peeked at the site, and see you've added some custom options. Which of those categories would an 'in stock' wooded indulgence be, with the cone and tip, just like txtumbleweed's be?... again, with an 'in stock' wood... not his exact one.

In stock wood just means he has it to use, so you'd still have to order a custom.

Lewis makes some for me that he thinks look good, I post them, they sell, his in stock wood is just a list that you can order as a custom but you are still free to find another wood you want. He will be using that wood on all kinds of mods.. That's his current go to stock.

So if you just wanted an Indulgence (or XL3 or Go-go whatever) no cone that was not already on the website as in stock, you'd order the "LG Custom Order Wood Mod", then you would either email me, or put info in the comments as to what wood you wanted and we'd start a dialog, at that point you can post in the new thread for custom wood mods and ask any questions you want specific to your order.

The order "buys" you time to get the details right and for head of the line status otherwise we are spinning out wheels and wasting Lewis's turning time :)

He's got a new project he needs to spend a little time on :)

which will have everyone drooling...

Last edited:

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Wood mods I have made.

IMG_3438a.JPG

The first LG mod on my first PV (riva 650mah)

IMG_3445a.JPG

Stabilized madrone burl

IMG_3444a.JPG

Stabilized redwood burl

IMG_3449.JPG

Top-left is a XL3 variable voltage 18650 in maple(1st XL3 I made which is still for sale)
Top-right is a XL3 mini VV 18350 in brown ebony
Center is E-power 14650 tube and cone in redwood burl (txtumbleweeds after the 1st 2 where bought minutes before he ordered)

EP14-004c.JPG

14650 e-power in redwood burl

XL3-002c.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl

XL3-003c.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Box Elder Burl (Brown)

XL3-005b.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Box Elder Burl (Black and Gold)

XL3-004a.JPG

XL3 18650 VV in Buckeye Burl (Brown) (I should have kept this one I really liked the eye.)

GOGO-001b.JPG

Go-Go in Box Elder Burl (burgundy) (actually turned out purple not sure why may camera got red)

XL3-006b.JPG

XL3 VV 18650 in Buckeye Burl(brown)

XL3m-002a.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Bigleaf Maple Burl

XL3m-003b.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Bigleaf Maple Burl(blue)

XL3m-004c.JPG

XL3 Mini VV 18350 in Bigleaf Maple Burl.(black/gold)

txtumbleweedindulgence.JPG

My first indulgence for Txtumbleweed in redwood burl.

IMG_3575.JPG

XL3 VV in Amboyna Burl

XL3m-005a.JPG

XL3mini in redwood burl.

XL3-008a.JPG

XL3 in redwood burl

XL3-009a.JPG

XL3 in Tasmanian sassafras burl

XL3m-006a.JPG

XL3 mini in bigleaf maple burl (blue)

Bayemon.JPG

Go-Go in Cocobolo (Bayemons preorder)

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Omg, LOVE the amboyna burl one! I really love the redwood burls, but I vastly prefer the wood on the xl3 redwood burl, and on txtumbleweed's indulgence than that on the xl3mini redwood burl. I like the really bold striations in the wood, at high contrast to the rest of the wood, if that makes sense. But yeah, that Amboyna one is amazing!

And Eric, that one with the Monogram is ever so cool! I'd love that in a tri letter monogram.

TechMan

Feb 2, 2011
Queens NY
Good day to all,

Another outstanding job by Eric and Lewis.

Eric, thank you again for making it possible to get quality items at great prices and for your superior service over all.

Lewis, awesome work Sir. These things are beautiful. I will be talking to you about that Curly Maple one asap.

Here is my XL3 RedWood Burl

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 26

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Good day to all,

Another outstanding job by Eric and Lewis.

Eric, thank you again for making it possible to get quality items at great prices and for your superior service over all.

Lewis, awesome work Sir. These things are beautiful. I will be talking to you about that Curly Maple one asap.

Here is my XL3 RedWood Burl

Very nice Techman! I hadn't seen that one before. Welcome to the LG Wood Club!:2cool:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Good review and thanks for using my mod but you should have added the final picture with the cone and tip.:2cool: It really makes it complete. By the way I have dropped mine several times onto a hardwood floor and it is still like new. It did roll off my bed and I'm sad to say it did break my beautiful driptip but didn't even scratch the cone or cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread