Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thank you unsure. That's what I assumed, but wasn't sure. Glad I went with poly. #65 is mine.

Yeah in the video rob did on the site on the woodville sale page he mentions doing nothing to the outside of the poly mod. Just use tonge oil to the inside. Wipe it in with a cloth or brush and let it soak for 10 mins and then wipe it off to dry. Do that every 2 months I guess.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Thank you unsure. That's what I assumed, but wasn't sure. Glad I went with poly. #65 is mine.
A damp soft cloth to clean it is all you need but I use Howards on it even when I know it won't penetrate because....

A: I got some.
B: I'm an idiot.:)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yeah, I saw the woodville springs, and I assumed they must be different, otherwise Rob would just have said to use the metal spring. They look the same, though, which is why I asked.

The hole on the metal springs is threaded. The Woodvil springs aren't, I believe.

Reactions: JC Okie

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yeah in the video rob did on the site on the woodville sale page he mentions doing nothing to the outside of the poly mod. Just use tonge oil to the inside. Wipe it in with a cloth or brush and let it soak for 10 mins and then wipe it off to dry. Do that every 2 months I guess.
If you use Tung oil on the inside, it will smell like Tung oil (which is strong...and somewhat unpleasant to some people.) Mineral oil, on the other hand, has no odor. I use Mineral oil or Howard's (citrus smell) on the inside of my Woods.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
If you use Tung oil on the inside, it will smell like Tung oil (which is strong...and somewhat unpleasant to some people.) Mineral oil, on the other hand, has no odor. I use Mineral oil or Howard's (citrus smell) on the inside of my Woods.

Ditto Jan...one of my woods that i used tung oil on in the inside tasted and smelled like tung oil for a long while. Mineral oil for the win!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Thanks for the info! Won't use thst crap then!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I have to get maintenance supplies before the new arrivals. I think I'm going with mineral oil. I'm wondering if Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace will have Howard's. I was too lazy to run out today; exhausted from the stresses of yesterday.

I'm sure home depot and lowes carry it as I've bought some In a large bottle a few years ago at one of them. don't know if they ha e the uv protection kind though.. though wood experts will yell you uv protect made for wood won't stop it anyways.. maybe slow it.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I can dead short a grand and it barley touches the button I have done this over and over with the same button just to see how well it handles it . What ohm are you running ?
I'm running at ,.25-.3 ohms. All measure out good, no shorts. It seems strange the only problem being the button.

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I have to get maintenance supplies before the new arrivals. I think I'm going with mineral oil. I'm wondering if Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace will have Howard's. I was too lazy to run out today; exhausted from the stresses of yesterday.

Ace has Howard's. That's where I got mine a while ago. Does wonders on my furniture!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Last time I went and looked, 2 more jumped in my shopping cart. Someone else will have to count for you :)
Hahaha. I think we're all having that problem. So nobody wants to go get an accurate count. It find this hilarious......keeping in mind that I've banned myself from the site, too. I obsessed over the ones that are left well into the night. I had a link saved on the front page of my iPad and I finally deleted it so that I'd at least have to go through my browser to get there. :lol:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
am celebrating 3 years smoke free today!!!

Congrats on 3 years! That's awesome!

Rob said they all get mailed out on Tuesday so it appears Friday when it will get here.

....gonna be a l-o-n-g week for many of us......arrrrg!

Ugh! Will be even longer for some of us...unfortunately mine will be delivered while I'm out of town and I won't be able to hold my precious little beauty in my hands until next Sunday night! :eek:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
There's about 138, and its killing me, as I'm waiting for a 18490 sale. 227, 147, 188 and 114 are calling me...
It is nice to see all the beautiful wood though, and imagine them in 18490 size :)

Actually I'm shocked. Last run wasn't as many produced and the following couple days a few lingered but this many I would have never guess after a sale night.

Reactions: Debadoo

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
These are about $50 higher priced, on average, than the 2014 run. That might have some bearing on sales.
Also, like someone mentioned, maybe some people are waiting for payday at the end of the month. Also, it is a 3-day weekend. There could be some people out of town and just not able to tune in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread