Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Another place to looks for specialty coils is Advanced vape Supply Advanced Vape Supply. Their quality is quite good, and they specialize in SS coils. The advantage being you can use them in power/watts mode or TC if you ever go that way. There are also some folks around here who will also build for you. One guy I found very nice to work with and excellent CS was @B_D_Builders . You can PM if you want to reach him

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
After building for about 3 weeks I was successful in creating and building with twisted wire. I feel accomplished for a beginner. I used a drill to twist 2 strands of 24 gauge kanthal, made 8 wraps and measuring at .3 ohms. The ramp up is a little slow so I need more wattage than regular at 75 watts. Was nice and patient until the coils glowed nice and evenly. Thanks everyone for all your help.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Cameringo_20170326_213855 (1).jpg

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Another place to looks for specialty coils is Advanced Vape Supply Advanced Vape Supply. Their quality is quite good, and they specialize in SS coils. The advantage being you can use them in power/watts mode or TC if you ever go that way. There are also some folks around here who will also build for you. One guy I found very nice to work with and excellent CS was @B_D_Builders . You can PM if you want to reach him
I can't point to any specific vendor because I've bought premade coils from a few different vendors, but I've gotta say that after spending well over a year twisting all kinds of coils, I'm really happy to see a lot more places to buy premade wire and coils from. It's really saved me a lot of time and effort.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Another place to looks for specialty coils is Advanced Vape Supply Advanced Vape Supply. Their quality is quite good, and they specialize in SS coils. The advantage being you can use them in power/watts mode or TC if you ever go that way. There are also some folks around here who will also build for you. One guy I found very nice to work with and excellent CS was @B_D_Builders . You can PM if you want to reach him
I can building my own coils easily enough. It was looking to stock up on the premade clapton wire I was looking for. Though if I can get my paws on that gadget to make it that will be the best solution.

Have any of you ordered vape stuff from Fasttech post deeming? I have been worried about customs and haven't even tried since that went into effect.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I can building my own coils easily enough. It was looking to stock up on the premade clapton wire I was looking for. Though if I can get my paws on that gadget to make it that will be the best solution.

Have any of you ordered vape stuff from Fasttech post deeming? I have been worried about customs and haven't even tried since that went into effect.

The place I linked to sells spools of Clapton coil, or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for. Spooled Clapton Wire 316L SS (26g/30g or 28g/36g)

I've ordered from FT since then. No issues on my end, others report the standard slow vs. glacial shipping which is standard for them anyway.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The place I linked to sells spools of Clapton coil, or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for. Spooled Clapton Wire 316L SS (26g/30g or 28g/36g)

I've ordered from FT since then. No issues on my end, others report the standard slow vs. glacial shipping which is standard for them anyway.
yep that is what I was looking for. Though fasttech has the gadget to easily make the clapton wire as well as squonker attys so I am tempted to try putting in an order there and solving the whole problem.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
yep that is what I was looking for. Though fasttech has the gadget to easily make the clapton wire as well as squonker attys so I am tempted to try putting in an order there and solving the whole problem.

I'm assuming you mean the Daedelus. Looks like a very cool setup for Clapton/fused Clapton and all. It comes with 2 pieces, a rectangular drill and the spool thing which actually holds and spins the wire (and some swivels for the other side). The one thing that bothered me about it was paying that much when I have perfectly good cordless drills around here.

Recently I saw the spool thing itself available for purchase without the drill for ~$27, way less than with. I can't remember the where I saw it, but a Google or Vapecrawler search may turn it up again. Of course if you need the drill too it's nice to have one in that shape rather than lay your own drill on its side and hope it all stays level.

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I'm assuming you mean the Daedelus. Looks like a very cool setup for Clapton/fused Clapton and all. It comes with 2 pieces, a rectangular drill and the spool thing which actually holds and spins the wire (and some swivels for the other side). The one thing that bothered me about it was paying that much when I have perfectly good cordless drills around here.

Recently I saw the spool thing itself available for purchase without the drill for ~$27, way less than with. I can't remember the where I saw it, but a Google or Vapecrawler search may turn it up again. Of course if you need the drill too it's nice to have one in that shape rather than lay your own drill on its side and hope it all stays level.
<- bad hands I have never found a drill I can use safely which is why I would be willing to drop the $50 on the Daedelus. I agree though that if you are able to use a drill then that is a far better solution. I just can't.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
<- bad hands I have never found a drill I can use safely which is why I would be willing to drop the $50 on the Daedelus. I agree though that if you are able to use a drill then that is a far better solution. I just can't.

Then it's a solid choice for you. The videos I've seen of it make the whole process look easier than by hand. From what I saw it's under $50 on FT right now. There's no battery included, so you should be good to go with them. Batteries are a real headache for shipping through customs. The drill section appears to use two 18650 batteries to make life easier.

Reactions: Myrany

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Yesterday I used my brother's Dewalt 18W drill. Just tucked the ends of the wire into the drill bit hole and tightened it down while holding the opposite end with a pliers. It was a 2 minute process from start to finish. I also saw on YouTube that one can use an allen key so the short side is sticking out. That makes it easier.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yesterday I used my brother's Dewalt 18W drill. Just tucked the ends of the wire into the drill bit hole and tightened it down while holding the opposite end with a pliers. It was a 2 minute process from start to finish. I also saw on YouTube that one can use an allen key so the short side is sticking out. That makes it easier.
ok I am talking about making clapton wire not twisted :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I made my first twisted yesterday. Don't see a massive change in flavor. How are claptons different physically

Sent from my HTC One X9 dual sim using Tapatalk
Ever see guitar strings up close? It is a single thicker wire with a coil of thinner wire around it and completely covering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread