Worst vaping purchase ever that you sincerely regretted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Picked up from the classifieds a Tobeco Blade mod, what a POS, The idea of it was ok but you cant get at the contacts to clean them, nota huge loss , luckly no big losses, over bought on ce2's and when I first started out and thought I found the answer to vaping I bought 2 extra E-Power starter kits, little did I know how fast a moving hobby/sport this would turn out to be,I love it!!

Reactions: Underwhelmed

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Ordering over 200 Vivi Nova coils from China.
:lol: funny!

I can honestly say none. I dont buy clones and while some of my equipment is better than others I have enjoyed it all. Everyonce in awhile I dig out some old vape gear and play with it so if noting else its still entertaining.

Reactions: toucandan229

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
What are some purchases that you guys made that you regret?

For me, it was the Nemesis Clone mod. That terrible piece of machinery went wrong in literally every single way it could've. Don't even get me started on the little pen that had to be stuck in the button in order for it to fire.....

Go!

One of the early starter kits I tried was an eGo-C starter kit.
It just never worked as far as I'm concerned.
I did get 2 ego batts out of it; I later made use of the ego bases ; but the topper part of it was ineffective plus I realised I was going to have a problem with replacement atomizer heads.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
My very first mod. I actually thought a Lava Tube was a good idea :facepalm: it lasted a few weeks, buggy from the start, then totally died. They replaced it with a new one. Not very long after the threads got hopeless stuck together,I had to practically rip the thing apart to save my battery. No sending what was left of that back.
I also have a rather large collection of Vivi Nova coils myself. Yeah, that wasn't smart.

Reactions: Underwhelmed

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
My worse purchase would probably be a good purchase for a lot of people - a subtank mini. I had never tried lung hitting before and quickly found that it wasn't for me at all. I tried and tried to find a setting I could MTL at, but it just wasn't working. Plus I tore a lot of skin off trying to use that wonky air adjuster. But it turned out just fine - I traded it to someone who had a couple of Nautilus minis to trade for a subtank.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Various juice that came recommended but I just didn't like. Thankfully no gear yet....
OK I can get behind that I have got some crap juices

My very first mod. I actually thought a Lava Tube was a good idea :facepalm: it lasted a few weeks, buggy from the start, then totally died. .

I like my Lava tube and still use it. Just think we payed any where from 50 to a hundred dollars for those! I have a Lava tube SS and telescope also

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Through the years I have found something that worked perfectly for both me and hubby. Stocked up and then found something that worked even better. Rinse and repeat :D Anyone wanna try a smokymizer? I still have plenty. Had to love trying to get that tiny black plug in there just right :lol:

Then came the CE3's ... oh my, What a giant step forward. The plug is gone but have to be filled upside down with a syringe. I think I still have at least 50 new ones. I still use them for testing new juice though so not a total waste and the juice tastes fantastic in them. I could open a vaping museum with all the different toppers I have tried over the past 3 1/2 years but each purchase was just one more step along this life changing journey.

I just chalk up all of the steps along this journey to a learning experience and I really don't regret a single purchase.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I've only ever made one regretful device purchase ... it was an impulse buy last year at VapeCon.

As soon as I bought that IPV50w box mod ... I knew it was a mistake and would be a miracle if it could last longer than a year.

Luckily, I never even used it and was able to trade it in the classies for a very nice used Provari.

bewlay

Apr 14, 2014
uk
My worse purchase would probably be a good purchase for a lot of people - a subtank mini. I had never tried lung hitting before and quickly found that it wasn't for me at all. I tried and tried to find a setting I could MTL at, but it just wasn't working. Plus I tore a lot of skin off trying to use that wonky air adjuster. But it turned out just fine - I traded it to someone who had a couple of Nautilus minis to trade for a subtank.
i found lung hit weird too, and many of my favorite juices were too strong flavored on the sub tank but i stuck with-it, and now i can honestly say its the last tank-ill ever buy..love it.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
No regrets, I've learned something from every mistake I've made.

Hell, I even learned that a fancy package doesn't make a juice taste better ... it just makes it more expensive. :lol:
My thoughts exactly. I don't look at my purchases as regrets or mistakes. Each one was a learning tool that helped me along this journey.

Now jooz is another story. I still have nightmares from a bottle of the most disgusting Horchata I ever vaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread