Worst vaping purchase ever that you sincerely regretted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
.......did you plan on personally using all of them? That's almost a life time supply lol.
At the time because I live in a small ....hole town they didn't sell any aspire coils at the only vape shop around . Me and my brother and gf were using the mini as well as the smallest order I could get at the "incredible " price . You could soak those coils all day and when you took your first draw it was burnt

Reactions: yuseffuhler

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
the only terrible purchase I ever made was back in the beginning, when it was just lavatubes provaris and silverbullets. Got a lavatube and that crap died 2 days into vaping it. Cheap plastic that wasnt sealed well so when juice found its way to the electronics from the 510 connection, the crap just died. although to be fair i think it was clone, it was a long long time ago so i fail to remember, but it did look pretty slick for those two days lol, black chrome with red LED backlighting on the menu. Since then though, everything I've bought has held up the test of time and that includes authentics and chinese clones.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
So far my wife and I have had a great vape experience over the last 2 years. Once I began to rebuild our ol CE4's then protanks and now kayfuns, we've enjoyed vaping. My only real bad purchase was a Evic, the top kept popping off, returned it and got a replacement and the same thing with the new one so it sits sin the drawer never to be used. I also got many jugs of YUK juices that I won't even give away to someone I don't like.
I did get bait and switch by a internet vendor and that was the last thing I bought off the Internet. It's coops where I been getting my gear and been nothing short of Happy Happy Happy with every purchase.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well I got an Alien RDA clone from Angelcigs. I had seen the horrible reviews, but was determined that the reviewers didn't build it right... it was clearly a 4-coil RDA with the way the alien face was cut out. So I built my clone with 4 coils centered on the Alien eyes and had it set up so that if it was too much airflow I could just pull my wick along the outside of the negative posts and it would cut off the side airflow holes. But I didn't even need to do that. For the super-low resistance setup and the amount of power going through it, the airflow was just right. It was awesome. The clouds were massive and I was getting great flavor too. Who would have thought? Just add 4 more big holes in a Tobh-style RDA and you have something for cloud-chasing with a neat looking alien on it!

But since I am doing this safely, I need to use it on a mod with more than one 18650 in parallel. So I had it on one of my unregulated boxes. Although it briefly worked well, after a few minutes the spring loaded 510 in my box pushed the positive post up too far to make connection. And the insulator deformed too. I looked through my spare parts to try to find a better insulator, but I couldn't find one that was right.... and I wasn't about to rip apart my authentic Tobh.

So I purchased an authentic Alien. And it looked like it had a better secured positive post. But I was wrong. The spring loaded 510 on my box pushed it out again, this time before I even got to vape it... I was just warming up and positioning the coils before wicking.

Oh well. I really wanted that one to work. I regret buying both the clone and authentic. But at least both were cheap.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I've gotten adequate use out of the few vapes I've gotten, they all helped me make my transition to where I'm at now. I bought a couple cheap dual coil tanks when I first started and thought dual coil sucked because of it. They hit like crap, leaked, just a mess. So that and a few juice flavors. But now I know I like most fruit and dessert flavors, and do a little research or find reviews before any purchases. Going strong, not many regrets.

Reactions: yuseffuhler

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Just made a coupla back-to-back purchases. No regrets on the IPV4, however ... while I was in 'shopping mode,' I spotted a deal on a Kanger K-Box. Even at $18 it wasn't worth it as I'm still fiddling with it to get it to fire various sub-ohm tanks. I'd turn down another if it was offered gratis.

Sometimes a bargain just isn't.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Just made a coupla back-to-back purchases. No regrets on the IPV4, however ... while I was in 'shopping mode,' I spotted a deal on a Kanger K-Box. Even at $18 it wasn't worth it as I'm still fiddling with it to get it to fire various sub-ohm tanks. I'd turn down another if it was offered gratis.

Sometimes a bargain just isn't.
Hey, that kbox is pretty solid. Obviously it's not working for you, but I've got 3 of em personally, and I know quite a few people who have one. What's going wrong with it?

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I don't really regret any equipment buys, though juice is another story. Got a whole list of regrets there. But the $24 no-name Kayfun 3.1 clone I bought on a whim from a vape shop because it was dirt cheap comes close to regrettable. #1 had a stripped post screw right out of the box, took it back, they exchanged it for a second one with clear tank section that fell apart when we disassembled it to make sure the post screw on that one wasn't stripped too. #2 never even made it out of the store alive. #3 had good post screws and clear tank section, and worked well enough, though it leaked like a sieve from the first tank. Luckily, I didn't have to put up with the leaking for long; within 3 weeks the 510 threads were worn out, rendering it completely unusable.

Oh well, I needed the clear section anyway to replace a severely crazed one on another Kayfun. What a bargain, $24 for a piece of clear plastic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread