worth buying ultrasonic cleaner to clean atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I'm considering buying an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean out my atomizers and perhaps even steep some bottles of juice, as I hear they can be used for that as well. I just want to try this out to see how well it works so I don't want to invest in a very expensive cleaner, probably something under $30 that I can find at Walmart or Amazon. In the past, I've just soaked my atomizers in hot water and blow it out, then soak in alcohol/vinegar, then rinse in hot water again, blow out and let dry overnight. Then the next day I may perform a very light dry burn if needed and that does a pretty good job as far as I'm concerned. But it is a slight hassle, using a cleaner seems much easier if it gets similar or better results. Just wondering if anyone here had any tips or opinions to share on this matter... does it really get it super clean with no effort? Are the atomizers dry when they are done? Do you still need to dry burn or does it usually remove the gunk and build up inside? Thanks.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I use a cheapy. It has a little plastic basket and works for now. Eventually, I'll be tempted to buy something a little better. That's a problem with me - knowing that I can at least get something a little more "middle of the road" keeps me tempted to upgrade. I've dealt with ultrasonics while I grew up in a home jewelry business (wholesales and hustling). I know first hand how powerful a good a quality one can be. The one I have currently was from Harbor Freight at a cost of about $30. It only has on and off buttons and runs for 3 minutes. I'm used to the steel-box kind with a power switch and a timer that goes up to a couple of hours. Some had a pressurized steam nozzle protruding from one side (sort of like for making cappuccino) to further clean an item. The meniscus of the water/liquid doesn't "dance" on the cheapy as much as the ones I was used to growing up either. But it does steep juice in a couple of cycles. I just put the bottles in and add warm water until just under neutral buoyancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread