Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
You are not alone. I have had issues with mine seeping thru the air holes and juice puddling up between the tank and the mod, since I got this thing. It's frustrating. I love this tank except for the leaking. I continue to use it and just put up with it. I wick mine exactly as described in the video and it still leaks. I don't get it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Maybe that's my problem. By the time I get the cotton in, there's still open space in that slot. I'll try fanning it out more on my next wick.

Once you get the cotton in the coil blow on both ends and that opens them way up, then push them down into the slots but loosely so they remain "fluffed". I'm not even sure that a work :)

My only consistent problem with SMM is I can't get as good a flavor as I get from Nanos. I think the possibility is there, just can't find the right build.

I found that leaving the coil as close to the bottom of the deck has worked best for flavor Letitia. Used to lift mine and now I get it about 1mm or so off the deck and the flavor is much better.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I thin out my tails and leave a little gap in the wick. I use Matt's advice and fluff up the cotton a bit and press it against the posts to form a wall of some sort. I do get some seepage once in a while when I fill, but other than that, unless i really get wild and accidentally fill into the chimney, I get no leakage

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
My only consistent problem with SMM is I can't get as good a flavor as I get from Nanos. I think the possibility is there, just can't find the right build.
Yes it's baffling,I've tried ... pads, cufflink cottons, cotton rope, all have flavour fade on second tank fill,The best so far is Egypt Shroud cotton,with straight bore mouthpiece, Don't really want to try rayon, just a thought anyone tried Ramie. Only I've 50gm from the early days might give it a whirl.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes it's baffling,I've tried ... pads, cufflink cottons, cotton rope, all have flavour fade on second tank fill,The best so far is Egypt Shroud cotton,with straight bore mouthpiece, Don't really want to try rayon, just a thought anyone tried Ramie. Only I've 50gm from the early days might give it a whirl.
I've recently bought Drago egyptian cotton. Working great in the Nanos. Haven't tried it in the SMM yet. That honeymoon is about over. I will probably eventually try Marc411 tip. He uses different builds than I do. I figure it's worth a shot because I do like the tank and will continue to recommend it. I always use a nip dt on SMM.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Just pick one up and I'm glad I did! It was one of the only RTA I have ever had that I was able to Wick the first time and be successful! I have alot of experience with the troll so maybe that has something to do with that but this tank is going to be in my daily routine for sure

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I still get seeping on both of my smm's. It seeps from the air holes but the airflow ring catches it and puts liquid under the tank. It's not terrible but does get a little annoying. I have a geekvape zeus on the way and am hoping that it will be leak proof like they promise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread