Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Gave this tank a go (in stainless steel), as it utilizes Kanger Subtank Mini coils. I never fell in love with the STM, as it was noisey as all Hell for me and the wick holes sit too high in the tank, so there was always a 1-2ml left in the tank.

I'm using it with the supplied coil, which works quite well, but the real test will be utilizing my STM coils that have been just laying around waiting for attention, which is why I purchased it. The supplied coil's wick holes sit lower in the base, but, in my excitement, I forgot to compare it to the STM coil. :facepalm: I'll do that next time or whenever my black version arrives. ;) Right out of the gate, this tank has a top fill that the STM should have had, which is the same as the Serpent Mini RTA's top fill (2 nice big slots). Tank also has 2 large airflow slots on the AFC exactly like the Serpent Mini RTA, so dialing in your preference is simpler than the original base for the STM (I don't have the latest version). It's size is about the size of a Serpent Mini RTA, so it is perfect for my Pico and other small pocket-able mods... Win, win!

So far, the only thing that is giving me a bit of a problem is that AFC ring. I haven't been able to adjust it while on my Pico (have to take it off to adjust). Either the ring is too tight and may loosen up with time or the Pico's battery cap is hindering my efforts, as there is no knurling on the AFC (doesn't bother me on the RTA version though). With that considered, I would still buy another, as flavor and air flow are very good. :thumb:

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
How have you found it, Debbie? Have you tried the STM coils yet? :)

Nope, still working on the supplied coil. :shock: I've been running a clear, candy cane juice it in since I got it, so the coil is still going strong. :thumb: No leaks at all so far (filled it a handful of times already) and flavor is still good. The real test will be how the Kanger RBA works in it for me. Will check back when it's time to change it. Will try with the pre-built STM coil before the rba.

I've been over tightening the top cap somehow, which tends to give me trouble from time to time, and the AFC ring still hasn't loosened up any, but I regard those as minor irritants, because the tank performs well. ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a Serpent Sub Ohm Tank also. A Very Nice Compact RTA.

I have been running mine with a STM v1 RBA section. Works Great. No Leaks. Great Flavor.

Either the AFC Ring loosens slightly with use, or my Technique has gotten better at adjusting it while it is on a Mod. Because when I first got it, I found it hard to Adjust the air flow also. But now it seems to work Fine.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Thank you, Debbie. :) You wouldn't happen to have any Aspire Replacement BVC (non Nautilus) coils would you? Those work in my Kanger STM and Toptanks too, and was hoping they might work in the new Serpent Sub ohm. :D

No, I don't, but good to know that other coils might work, too. If they work in the STM/TT, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work in the Serpent Sub Ohm tank, as well. Love interchangeable parts! :thumbs:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you, zoiDman. :) I don't shop FastTech, but it's good to know what fits.

No Problem choochoogranny

I'm sure that glass can be found State Side. I just had a FT order going anyway, so I figured I'd grab them and see if they Worked.

(I seem to do that a Lot with FT. LOL.)

It's kinda Cool how changing the Colour of the Glass can make it seem like you have a Whole New Tank.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ha! Since I'ze a wemins I loves color and all must co-ordinate. Whenever there's colored glass and/or O-rings, I'm on it! :p

BTW, for the lady in your life there's Bedazzle Tubes by Kathy Hoppe. I go crazy with those. :facepalm:

I kinda do the Matchy-Matchy thing on O-Rings and Drip Tips.

And I like to put Certain Flavor in Certain Coloured Glass Tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread