Wotofo The Troll RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I'm afraid I just don't love this tank. I have the same problem with it I had with the Aromamizer. It just doesn't provide enough draw resistance for me, and I have to run it at least 65w to get anything resembling warmth. I love the build quality and I love how easy it is to access the deck and top fill, and I love the space you have to work with on the deck, but I do not love how it vapes.

I went from 2mm to 3mm back to 2mm. Wicks fine, doesn't leak. The trick there is to get enough wick in the holes. Too much and it doesn't wick well, too little and it pukes juice. vaping it right now with 2mm coils and it keeps up just fine.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I'm afraid I just don't love this tank. I have the same problem with it I had with the Aromamizer. It just doesn't provide enough draw resistance for me, and I have to run it at least 65w to get anything resembling warmth. I love the build quality and I love how easy it is to access the deck and top fill, and I love the space you have to work with on the deck, but I do not love how it vapes.

I went from 2mm to 3mm back to 2mm. Wicks fine, doesn't leak. The trick there is to get enough wick in the holes. Too much and it doesn't wick well, too little and it pukes juice. Vaping it right now with 2mm coils and it keeps up just fine.
What do you mean by draw resistance? Too airy ?

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
also while I think this tank has good flavor, it doesn't have the great super juicy concentrated flavor a tank with a smaller chamber and more draw resistance provides
Hey just a thought here but have you tried using 3 mm coils? The reason am saying that is because I run 2.5 mm in my Sapor rta and I find them really small but for me I find that they work best,so if you are running 2 mm coils man that's really small therefore not blocking off those air holes which is why you are finding it too airy for you're liking? I might be wrong,just trying to help out;-) let me know if you end up trying it and if it worked out better for ya;-)

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I don't think this tank is meant for that type of vaping. Wide bore drip tip, large deck and good airflow don't make for a good mtl type tank. This is my kinda tank though. With a 6.5-7.5 wrap, parallel 26 gauge ss316l, 3mm ID, dual coil, 0.14 ohms on a mech will put out some serious flavour and vapour. Maybe a Merlin Mini or Serpent Mini with a single coil would suit your type of vaping better. The Merlin Mini has 2 inserts to put in the airflow to choke it down to your liking on top of the afc.

Reactions: Eskie

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
2ed8c3545a1a1a9616490ac32bc65814.jpg

Similar to this build deck. Wonder if this RDA has the same insulator issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017

I went from 2mm to 3mm back to 2mm. Wicks fine, doesn't leak. The trick there is to get enough wick in the holes. Too much and it doesn't wick well, too little and it pukes juice. Vaping it right now with 2mm coils and it keeps up just fine.

What kind of coils are you using? Try alien coils or something and lower it closer to the airholes. That would give you a warmer, restrictive vape. You can also adjust the airflow ring if you prefer.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Hi guys and gals,so my troll showed today,am running 26 g twisted kanthal 3 mm ohming in at .3 hitting them at 66 watts on a minikin v2, loving the airflow and ease of coiling,wicking is another story ill explain,it always seems to leak a little on refills no matter how much cotton I use,in order to have your coils lined up with your airflow it makes wicking a little difficult as your wicks are never line up with the wick holes,so far I've used ko Jen do,kendo gold,and cotton bacon v2 all with the same results,it just bugs me when a tank leaks even if just a little:-/ I'll keep trying different methods and see what happens,if anybody as had the same issues and have solved it please share the wealth lol;-)

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Hi guys and gals,so my troll showed today,am running 26 g twisted kanthal 3 mm ohming in at .3 hitting them at 66 watts on a minikin v2, loving the airflow and ease of coiling,wicking is another story ill explain,it always seems to leak a little on refills no matter how much cotton I use,in order to have your coils lined up with your airflow it makes wicking a little difficult as your wicks are never line up with the wick holes,so far I've used ko Jen do,kendo gold,and cotton bacon v2 all with the same results,it just bugs me when a tank leaks even if just a little:-/ I'll keep trying different methods and see what happens,if anybody as had the same issues and have solved it please share the wealth lol;-)

I always get leaking on new wicks during the first refill. Thats it. I vape it before it gushes out of the airholes. It doesnt leak anymore after that. Maybe try making the wicks longer and not combing it out if you are. On a side note, ive shelved my troll at the moment coz when i changed my coils to aliens and pulsed the coils, the insulator started fuming. lol It didnt melt but im afraid it'll have peek fumes if i vape it. Coils arent even that close to the insulator. sigh

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I always get leaking on new wicks during the first refill. Thats it. I vape it before it gushes out of the airholes. It doesnt leak anymore after that. Maybe try making the wicks longer and not combing it out if you are. On a side note, ive shelved my troll at the moment coz when i changed my coils to aliens and pulsed the coils, the insulator started fuming. lol It didnt melt but im afraid it'll have peek fumes if i vape it. Coils arent even that close to the insulator. sigh
Oh ok,thanks for letting me know,ya as soon as I saw it leaking I would scrap that wicking and start over,I'll keep an eye out to see if it stops leaking after first fill up,am sorry to hear about your insulator but the only way to tell if it's still all good is to keep vaping on it,I hope it's all good bud;-)

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
love this thing i have it for 2 days now no leaks great flavor i am so happy with this!!
I had success with 3mm and 3.5mm kanthal maybe try to pull the cotton till the bottom of the airflow and see it the coil is too close to the air hole if it is maybe the cotton will form a path between the hole and the juice .

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
love this thing i have it for 2 days now no leaks great flavor i am so happy with this!!

I had success with 3mm and 3.5mm kanthal maybe try to pull the cotton till the bottom of the airflow and see it the coil is too close to the air hole if it is maybe the cotton will form a path between the hole and the juice .
Thanks bud but I don't understand what you mean? Can you elaborate a little more please as am still having issues when I go and refill,it leaks every time sigh :-(

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

The weirdest thing is that it only leaks when I fill it up and than it stops,so I have to stick little bits of paper in my air slots to clean them every time I fill it,it's annoying as hell cause other than that it's a great little rta.

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
The weirdest thing is that it only leaks when I fill it up and than it stops,so I have to stick little bits of paper in my air slots to clean them every time I fill it,it's annoying as hell cause other than that it's a great little rta.

maybe this will help this is a 3mm coil and i vape it with 80vg no problems with dry hits or leaking

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    779 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread