Would you go back to smoking if vaping was worse for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I'm pretty sure that the odds of vaping being found to be worse than smoking tobacco cigarettes carries greater odds than me hitting a 285 million dollar powerball jackpot, but if the extremely hypothetical question and fantasy scenario presented in the OP were ever to become a reality, then yes, I would obviously quit, and I wouldn't go back to analogs either, I'm completely done with those, no matter what were to happen with vaping in the future.

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
hmmm lets see... when I smoked, I coughed alot, couldnt breath well, stunk like old mud, spent alot of money, and could die of lung cancer or heart issues. I feel much better now since I vape, so.... Id rather die from vaping, at least I will smell better, not cough, or have issues ( well less issues) with cancer and heart problems....

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I'm so outraged at being poisoned by BT that I wouldn't go back to smoking, ever. I would eventually give up vaping as much as that would sadden me, but after 16 months away from smoking, I've already dropped to 3mg and hope to get to zero this year so if it came down to it, I'd walk away from it.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
No I'd not go back to smoking and I'd quit vaping..like Gavin said..speed up that taper to 0mg.....there'd not be a safe straw to chew in the house but hey.o_O

but there's been times not many..but I've had my vape fail or I forgot to bring it..and I was just fine.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
hmmm lets see... when I smoked, I coughed alot, couldnt breath well, stunk like old mud, spent alot of money, and could die of lung cancer or heart issues. I feel much better now since I vape, so.... Id rather die from vaping, at least I will smell better, not cough, or have issues ( well less issues) with cancer and heart problems....

I'm with Bunnykiller on this... (although I still spend a fair amount of money on vapey things :D ) For me, it's all the tactile aspects - holding something in my hand, experiencing the "draw" and "exhale". I certainly don't want to smell like a dirty ashtray anymore or hack up a hairball every morning - vaping causes neither of these unpleasantries.

Reactions: catlady60

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I did have a 2 vape fails. The first, I was fine not vaping. The second, I was in a stressful situation and I Caved and had a smoke. I Wanna believe I would not smoke... And I dont want to. I would probably just try to quit vaping. When I eventually succeeded, I would carry a mod and some juice around everywhere I went for probably about a year Just in case.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
if there was going to be a nuclear war and only 10 people
could fit into the bob shelter who would they be?
the pretty curvy blond and me.
all you engineers,doctors,farmers and any others with
pertinent knowledge are all out of luck.
i got my woman and guns the door is locked and it sucks
to be you.
:D
true story regards
mike

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I would ween myself off of vaping before I went back to smoking. As it is I started as a pack+ per day of Camell 99s smoker and am now down to around 5ml a day of 8mg nicotine juice vaping. I would just use the rest of my DIY supplies to finish weening myself off the nicotine and then quit altogether. No way would I ever go back to smoking.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I'd like to think that after nearly a year of not smoking that I wouldn't go back... but, I can't say with 100% confidence that I wouldn't start smoking again if I quit vaping. Hell, I enjoyed smoking and am reasonably sure I'd still enjoy it. I hope to never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread