Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
Hi everybody,

I am running a kayfun 3.1 with a sigelei V.3 right now, a co-worker has a ProVari mini and the regular one. I see the feedback and all that, but is it really worth the triple amount of $$$?

Hit me with some feedback and let me know what you think please.

Thanks in advance also from ProVari owners.

:ohmy:

jd1978

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
us
I went the extra dollars and got 2. First the fullsize. I liked it so much that I got the mini for going out and work. My work setup is the mini and a kfl v2 plus. My ProVari's haved outlasted 3 other mods, 2 vamos and an itast svd, all of which are dead. Neither of the ProVaris have an end in site, as they both operate just like the first day I had them. My full size is about a year old, and the mini is about 6 months.

anotherthing

Apr 24, 2014
United States
Let's see. The ProVari are around $180. You can get a Vamo v5 for $35. So, I can murder off 4 Vamos and still have one working before I get to the cost of the ProVari. Furthermore, the Vamo does variable wattage. The ProVari is just variable voltage. We've seen a ton of variable wattage APVs come out in the last year. ProVari's answer? New color schemes. This year, the DNA20s and DNA30s have been released. Meanwhile, ProVari had released new colors. Technology everywhere else had been marching along nicely - Except with the ProVari.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Well, I never bought a Provari. But I did buy a Reo which is comparable in price & it's definitely worth the $$. If you want a good vv device that will last you for years then it might be a good buy for you. It's true that you can get other devices for much less $$ and some of those have features that the Provari does not have. But it really all depends on what you value in your device.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
I really recommend trying to get a dna30 of some kind if you want a regulated mod. Pref the hana mods v3 but good luck since everyone wants them. While provari are trust worthy and dependable.....they are lacking in technology. They keep releasing and only releasing new colors, they have nothing new inside the tube.

I sold off my provari once i got into mechs / rebuildables because I just couldnt see why I paid 200$ for it when for 25$ off fasttech you can have a setup that last forever with no electronics to go kaput on you as long as you are handy with a multimeter and understand batteries. Not to mention, with the provari you are limited to what you can do with it. With mechs there is no limit, other than what your battery is capable of.

Auto-Alex

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Baltimore,MD, USA
^x2^ Mech mods .... I have a nem clone from hcigar and it has shown to be very effective although it could use a little upgrading on the firing switch but it performs wonderfully. Like with my truck, I got it with manual windows, door locks, and switched out the electric 4x4 for the manual lever. Mechanical things have their advantages. You can always kick also which is basically the same thing as a regulated mod, and when the kick dies your mod is still working.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Do you want lots and lots of features? Then don't buy a Provari.

Do you want something cheap? Then don't buy a Provari.

I bought a Provari for myself, and I am happy with it. But I'm not going to explain why I am happy with it, because in my experience some of the people here would take that as a provocation, and I can't be bothered dealing with that right now. It's late in the evening and I'm tired.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Let's see. The ProVari are around $180. You can get a Vamo v5 for $35. So, I can murder off 4 Vamos and still have one working before I get to the cost of the ProVari. Furthermore, the Vamo does variable wattage. The ProVari is just variable voltage. We've seen a ton of variable wattage APVs come out in the last year. ProVari's answer? New color schemes. This year, the DNA20s and DNA30s have been released. Meanwhile, ProVari had released new colors. Technology everywhere else had been marching along nicely - Except with the ProVari.

I felt precisely as you did till I bought a ProVari.....precisely....exactly.....not so much anymore...its what happens after murdering off a few cheap mods...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yet another one of these, this week.......

giphy.gif

mrdfield

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Mass
I have a MVP 2 , Innokin VTR, a cool fire 1 and 2 itaste vv's I just revived my provari mini last week and all I can say is yes it is very costly but the vape is the smoothest out of all my devices and there is something about the electronics that make the battery's last longer on my cool fire 1 my 18350 lasts about 3 hours tops I am getting About 8 hours on the same battery with the provari also same tank with a 3.0 coil and really the vape is much better and as far as v/w being absent I am finding I can fine tune my vape so far the provari is going to be my all day device the VTR is going to be my back up I can't even vape on the mvp anymore just my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Yes. Why? Because. That's why. And I'm happy with it too. The thing just feels so good in my hand. I can't really explain why. The vape seems to taste better then my MVP too, but I'm willing to believe that may just be in my head. I splurged on it as a 6 months quit smoking gift to myself. I suppose, in large part, because no matter what else I could have gotten, the thought of how a Provari would be would have been stuck in my head.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
I'm a cheap sob, so naturally when I drop a ton of money on something I usually get buyers remorse. Not with the provari. It is a very solid reliable device. I was using the vamo before buying my provari and it just blows that thing out of the water.

Variable voltage and wattage are essentially the same thing. They are both measurements of power output. You are correct, after murdering off 4 vamos you will have one working one left before reaching the cost of my provari. I gaurentee that once that last vamo of yours is dead my provari will still be working and in the very off chance that it isn't I can send it back and get a replacement for a nominal fee. From what I've heard provape has unparalleled customer service.

When I had a vamo the output would drop off after the battery got half way down, even with brand new batteries. With my provari it stays the same throughout the entire life of the battery. <<This was the biggest selling point for me. It's called pulse width modulation iirc.

I am a hardcore provari fan. It was totally worth the money. I highly recommend it, without hesitation. It is the best device I have ever owned and I do not regret buying it whatsoever.

To anyone who has not personally owned a provari; The OP's question is not directed towards you. Besides that, you have no say in this. You cannot answer the question if you have not spent the money and owned one. He was asking for personal experience, which if you lack then you're just hating if you answer. Trying one isn't enough. You need to spend the money and actually own one.

P.S. I opted for the V2.5 with the blue LED...it ended up costing me 215$...best 215$ I've ever spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread