Would you or would you not

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    See, the way I see it is the whole diacetyl thing is so hugely overblown it is ridiculous. Do y'all know how much of that stuff you'd have to inhale for it to be "oh my god that stuff is sooo dangerous"? The one guy who got popcorn lung from that stuff worked in a popcorn factory for many years inhaling the powdered stuff. Geez, this is almost as bad as all the ANTZ screaming that we are vaping antifreeze. :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't worry BUT I always say you need to do what you feel is best. If you are worried about diacetyl, then only shop from trusted sources. :)

Happy vaping :vapor:

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    See, the way I see it is the whole diacetyl thing is so hugely overblown it is ridiculous. Do y'all know how much of that stuff you'd have to inhale for it to be "oh my god that stuff is sooo dangerous"? The one guy who got popcorn lung from that stuff worked in a popcorn factory for many years inhaling the powdered stuff. Geez, this is almost as bad as all the ANTZ screaming that we are vaping antifreeze. :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't worry BUT I always say you need to do what you feel is best. If you are worried about diacetyl, then only shop from trusted sources. :)

Happy vaping :vapor:
    Thank you....I love my diacetyl loaded Vanilla custard :)

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    I DIY, so no, I wouldn't vape any store bought juice.
    I can DIY a far better, cleaner juice for a few cents a ml., in my kitchen ( which is much cleaner than the back room in some vape store).
    Juice is the single largest cash cow in the industry.
    Its harder to mix a Martini than e juice.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    I DIY, so no, I wouldn't vape any store bought juice.
    I can DIY a far better, cleaner juice for a few cents a ml., in my kitchen ( which is much cleaner than the back room in some vape store).
    Juice is the single largest cash cow in the industry.
    Its harder to mix a Martini than e juice.
    +1*10^100000000

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I mix a dry Martini by swilling a cap of vermouth around the inside of the glass then shaking out the excess. I make a really dry Martini by briefly showing the vermouth bottle to the gin.

The whole diacetyl thing was a storm in a teacup initiated by vapers themselves. This has arguably done more damage to the good name of vaping than almost anything else.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    That helps . How much do you guys go through a day, like how many ml? I'm at about 12 ml of 3 mg. I kind of hate this puff counter on my mod though cause sometimes I hit my vape like 400-500 times a day and just think to myself ... this can't be good for me lol

12 ml is very modest these days.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Considering I was almost bed ridden due to lung function just over 3 years ago, I'm an advocate for vaping as much as it takes.

I think I'll chase my kids around the yard this weekend.

:thumbs:

Tapatyped

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Just a note about diacetyl:

I repeat myself from thread to thread about this:

The whole diacetyl thing... if that would be a problem, you'd be dead already if you ever smoked cigarettes.

Cigarettes has THOUSANDS of times more diacetyl and every other chemical that the witch hunt is using to scare people with. But you don't hear that in the news, do you? Ever heard of a single smoker getting popcorn lungs?

What started it all? It was the court case of the pop-corn factory, where the word diacetyl was "THE" magic word that the lawyers used over and over, and even with NO scientific proof that it was the "guilty" chemical, (and not the other dozens of other chemicals these people inhaled at extremely high levels, plus the fact that they were heavy smokers), the word stuck and any mention of it is an instant association to the pop-corn lung scenario.

Every thread about "diacetyl" is people with the same fears that the lies and propaganda has proven to have worked on them.

There is nothing, not one thing so far, after over 10 years, that has been showed, reported, etc. to be any sort of recognized and proven health issue with vaping. There is yet to be a single proven and solid scientific result about it causing any harm at all and it's been around in food for decades.

Every case of anything relating to popcorn lung or such is always linked to studies and such that always state the word "possible" and usually include a huge lists of other possible chemicals, circumstances, etc. Not a single conclusive confirmation. The only thing in common that I've seen/read about about anyone that suffered from this is that they smoked a lot and were exposed to a lot of chemicals at extremely high levels.

Not one... nope, not a single person admitted to the hospital, treated, found to have any ailment from anything that has to do with vaping.

Worse than that, I've seen that there's been some studies lately that are being worked on that are showing possibilities that vaping is actually helping people fight lung infections, so on top of everything, vaping might actually be healthy for you.

The only bad press vaping gets, has only been the stupid people that did not respect lithium batteries and the OHM laws (shorting out their batteries, causing them to vent/explode) or just plain extreme bad luck, as per cell phones/tablets/laptops exploding on people just the same.

What's in vaping liquid, unless you're getting it in an alley in the back of a truck, there should never be more than 4 things... PG, VG, flavouring, nicotine, the last two being optional, all of them tested and used for decades and proven to have absolutely no ill effect, unless the person has a sensitivity (allergy) to it... and even then, it's just a bit of an irritation, yet to hear anything more than a discomfort or such.

Now I'm not saying that it's impossible that something could have some effect in time, but at this point, it's simply been blown out of proportion. We have thousands of vapers that's been vaping for close or over 10 years with not a single health issue relating to their vaping and the content of the liquids..

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    The only bad press vaping gets, has only been the stupid people that did not respect lithium batteries and the OHM laws (shorting out their batteries, causing them to vent/explode) or just plain extreme bad luck, as per cell phones/tablets/laptops exploding on people just the same.

Using the wrong charge cord deserves mention.

All in all, Bravo!

Tapatyped

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Since I almost lost my father last year to Bronchiolitis obliterans from his years of smoking this subject annoys me. Yes it is possible and I had to install Oxygen lines to help my father breath after Thoracic Surgery. Although calling it Popcorn Lung is incorrect unless you worked in a popcorn factory it is a real disease.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread