Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I make a point of using PayPal for everything vape related because I know that PayPal will side with the buyer as opposed to seller should any problems arise.

But... I have found something I want so bad but they don't use PayPal. The firm is a registered supplier of the company, who's product I want. So I would imagine they are safe.

Would you input your own card number these days or would you rely on PayPal (or similar company)?

Thanks

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I make a point of using PayPal for everything vape related because I know that PayPal will side with the buyer as opposed to seller should any problems arise.

But... I have found something I want so bad but they don't use PayPal. The firm is a registered supplier of the company, who's product I want. So I would imagine they are safe.

Would you input your own card number these days or would you rely on PayPal (or similar company)

Thanks
What are the rules in your country for using your card? In the US, a CREDIT card offers some purchase protection by way of charge back. Some DEBIT cards offer similar protection, but you need to check the fine print for the card to be sure. Wire transfers and other things like that have little to no protection in the US.

Do you know why the seller doesn't take paypal (vaping rules maybe?) and if he might offer another method of payment with buyer protection.

eta: I use my credit card most of the time, but will use paypal for international or things when I'm not willing to use the CC number on-line. The CC is quicker for getting refunds and more likely to side with the buyer than even Paypal.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Can't find out. It says; Credit card (authorise.net)
I can send an email to ask but I think I'll just use the prepaid tomorrow and risk it.
Like I said. They are a registered supplier of the co. I want to buy from but they are sold out of this particular product.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Can't find out. It says; Credit card (authorise.net)
I can send an email to ask but I think I'll just use the prepaid tomorrow and risk it.
Like I said. They are a registered supplier of the co. I want to buy from but they are sold out of this particular product.
PM me the url, ill take a gander for ya

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
The last two incidents I had with online shopping involved two of my credit cards, and in both cases the credit card company called ME shortly after they blocked the transaction.

YMMV.
I've gotten to the point, of using a prepaid visa gift card to pay for vaping, after our debt card was compromised.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
In the UK if you spend over £100 using a credit card you are covered under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act which protects you in the event you suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods.

This happens when you buy direct from the supplier and not through a third party such as Amazon or PayPal.

Debit Cards are treated the same as cash transactions.

More information can be found here. Section 75 refunds: free protection over £100 - MSE

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Would you input your own card number these days or would you rely on PayPal (or similar company)?

Thanks
I use the Pay Pal debit card.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've gotten to the point, of using a prepaid visa gift card to pay for vaping, after our debt card was compromised.
I did start using a prepaid card (Google Wallet) but since Google dropped that program, I've been lackadaisically looking for another prepaid reloadable card without any fees.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I did start using a prepaid card (Google Wallet) but since Google dropped that program, I've been lackadaisically looking for another prepaid reloadable card without any fees.
I'm willing to pay the fee, under $5 just to use it and not have another nightmare on our hands. I usually do $100 at a time on cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread