Ended Wow! Koopor & Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
maybe i just need to quit working on new recipes... rest on my laurels...

i mean... I DO have these 4 key lime variants to mix samples of before my trip... but I don't want crx put under additional duress ordering flavors... so, ethically... hrm...

Kam - the Stout is the root beer base butterbeer, not the cream soda - think i have the final variant of that one sitting on my desk to be tested...

I'm ready whenever...already have root beer AND cream soda waiting to be used :D

Reactions: BamaBabe4Ever

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
I have 4 milk crates that I used to lug from my closet to the kitchen and then back but decided I was tired of doing that and was too time consuming. I saw a rolling cart with about 6 drawers at Walmart the other day that might be the right size, just didn't have a bottle with me and no time as was doing the shopping for my mom that day.

I actually thought of getting one of those when I was still mixing in the kitchen!

Jina67

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
Bama
While I prefer to match the food I want, with the wine that works, I always suggest to eager beginners with less experience, to find the wine they like, THEN figure out (or google) the dishes best suited for it. Experiment with new wines a little as you go, to find other wines you like, thus increasing your food pairings.

If White and off-dry, semi sweet is your thing, A couple jump immediately to mind. Italian Moscato is ALWAYS a hit, and very fairly priced. Also known as Moscato d'Asti. It is often a slightly effervescent white (frizzante) and delicate with just the right amount of sweetness and mid range in the acidity. These ROCK in the summertime with their fruitiness (peach, pear, honeysuckle) and go terrific with MOST cheeses. Also terrific with fruit desserts, and fruit type salads or green salads with fruit. Oddly, they also work GREAT with spicy food! Thai, curries, anything hot! They can really tame the heat in a spicy dish. Serve em refrigerator cold.

Another great series of white wines, without fizz, is German Riesling. These tend to be a little heavier bodied (syrupy) than moscato. Same food profile. But finding your favorite level of sweetness is MUCH easier, as they are graded by their sugar content. there ARE "dry" Rieslings (Trocken and HalbTrocken), but they are more rare. The levels of sweetness in typical Riesling are, from dryest to sweetest:
QBA (Qualitatswein)
Kabinett
Spatlese
Auslese
Beerenauslese
Trocken Beerenauslese

QBA is great for everyday wines. I suggest though, Kabinett for starting, as it tends to be of higher quality. From there, the sweetness levels get noticeably higher, with Beerenauslese and TBA VERY sweet, thick, and syrupy. GREAT dessert wines, but not suited for most entrees. The best come from the M-S-R (Mosel, Saar, and Ruwr regions) and the Rheingau, Nahe, Rheinhessen or Pfalz regions also produce some great Riesling. TOP producers, are H. Donhoff, J.J. Prum, J.J. Christoffel, F.X. Pichler, Robert Weil, Fritz Haag and Doctor Loosen. A Kabinett from any of these guys, gonna rock ya world!
A VERY good U.S. producer of Riesling is Chateau St. Michelle, often found at Costco!

Chenin is another very nice, partially sweet white but many are put off by a flavor best described as lanolin. Like fabric softener without the chemical taste.

Sauvignon Blanc IS a dry white, which means ALL of the sugar has been fermented out of it, but it is often SO fruity, that it fools you into thinking it is a little "sweet", and can be really complex! One of my favorites, is Cloudy Bay from New Zealand. NZ makes terrific Sauv Blancs!

If you find you like REALLY sweet whites, that's another discussion.

I tend to buy most of my daily drinkers from Empire Wine in New York. The shipping is likely LESS than your local sales tax would be, making it cheaper to buy OUT of state. They have GREAT prices, and also have a category of "ships for free" wines, which.. ship for free. :)
Wonderful! Thank you so much!! So much to learn but the testing should be awesome!

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Lately my hubby has come home long enough for me to do his laundry and then off again. Things will slow down and I will have him here for months at a time even though climbing in the snow doesn't bother him, people in the lower 48 seem to have a different mindset about snow.

Well, think I will get myself ready for bed... tomorrow is football day for me even though I fear some of my teams won't fare well at all.

Good night all

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Lately my hubby has come home long enough for me to do his laundry and then off again. Things will slow down and I will have him here for months at a time even though climbing in the snow doesn't bother him, people in the lower 48 seem to have a different mindset about snow.

Well, think I will get myself ready for bed... tomorrow is football day for me even though I fear some of my teams won't fare well at all.

Good night all
gnight, lady!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
maybe i just need to quit working on new recipes... rest on my laurels...

i mean... I DO have these 4 key lime variants to mix samples of before my trip... but I don't want crx put under additional duress ordering flavors... so, ethically... hrm...

Kam - the Stout is the root beer base butterbeer, not the cream soda - think i have the final variant of that one sitting on my desk to be tested...

If you think for a second I'm reading that post to the wife...........

Silly......I love doing what we do. and certainly hope I have not offended you:). Been having to play with finances and (luckily) sell a few tablets to do some ordering. Then of course had do decide between me(greed) or family(caring) as to what to order.
Got youngest Daughter and Wife the Subox Nano kits - 1 pink, 1purple - to keep them on the right path.

Anyway, sales or No, over the next week or two I will be building a large sample order and the more I know I NEED the better:thumbs:

Uncle Sam(Social Security) Finally sent my Disability confirmation and a fat Back payment:shock:
Saved Christmas and took a lot of pressure off, for the first time in over a year. Shweeew, so happy:D

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
If you think for a second I'm reading that post to the wife...........

Silly......I love doing what we do. and certainly hope I have not offended you:). Been having to play with finances and (luckily) sell a few tablets to do some ordering. Then of course had do decide between me(greed) or family(caring) as to what to order.
Got youngest Daughter and Wife the Subox Nano kits - 1 pink, 1purple - to keep them on the right path.

Anyway, sales or No, over the next week or two I will be building a large sample order and the more I know I NEED the better:thumbs:

Uncle Sam(Social Security) Finally sent my Disability confirmation and a fat Back payment:shock:
Saved Christmas and took a lot of pressure off, for the first time in over a year. Shweeew, so happy:D
lol - no - no offense, brother - just rattling your cage :)

if i have to blamed for something, decent recipes is a good thing to be blamed for

will let you know about the lime - a good key lime cheesecake/ key lime cookie is pretty high up on my to do list... REALLY want to try to get close to Vigilante's Life of Pi (Key Lime Pie with coconut infused whipped cream) if I can... ooh - and need to figure out a good raspberry cheesecake/ raspberry cream cheese 'filling' recipe to add to king cake...

REALLY glad to hear some of the bureaucratic tomfoolery is starting to sort out - I know that has been a major pain in the duff for you for way too long, brother

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
I have way too many clothes to be able to use dresser drawers!!
in the process of of redoing a broken down cabinet i found. to redo and make into my supply cabinet. All i have to do now is get the paint and finish it up WOOOHOOO. had to put it on hold when i fractured my foot. but back at in now and hoping to have it finished soon, for a before and after picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread