Wow started vaping 100 watts now my 30qs and vtc 5s don't even last a full day

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if you like vaping at that wattage, a 4 battery mod sounds like a good plan. If it were me, I might replace my coils with something of higher resistance, but I'm a MTL vaper so when I hear these high wattage things, I tend to think "Raise your resistance" almost automatically. Good luck, some coils are very thirsty of juice and wattage. If it's a fantastic vape for you though, there are plenty of folks using 4 battery mods... :)

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That is the price one pays when vaping at high watt, low ohm. One must carry extra batteries and e-liquid.

If that is an unacceptable situation one may want to rethink the direction they have gone.

I personally use a 1.5-1.8Ω coil @ 5-8 watts and go through no more than approximately 2 mls of e-liquid daily and my batteries last me a couple of days. The only reason I vape is because if I weren't vaping I would be smoking. It has been working for me for almost 6 years now. I don't get huge clouds but I get all I need to keep me satisfied.

Maybe you need high watt low Ω but have you tried it any other way?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
These framed staples at .194 need atleast 80 watts till I taste anything:(

Yeah that's a lot of mass to heat up. The more mass you have, the more power it takes to heat, and the faster your battery will drain. That is why I prefer lower mass coils. I will usually use simple single strand coils or at the most a basic Clapton.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Guess I'm have to find a 4 battery mod or get better coil so I can vape at a lower watt

These framed staples at .194 need atleast 80 watts till I taste anything:(

I'd definitely grab a mod with 4 (or more) batteries if I vaped the same way that you do. You'll be happier and it's safer anyway. Plus from what I've seen they really aren't all that expensive. You might as well go with equipment that fits what you want.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I vape at 4.5 Watts using a 0.5 Ohm strand off of a Brillo pad hot glued to a AA battery at 1.5 Volts. Lasts me like three weeks.

Yes, I'm joking.

At home I like to chuck huge clouds so I use the a suspension coil off of a truck, a pair of blue jeans for the wicking, dipped in a 5 gal bucket of juice, and wired directly to a 210 power outlet. Whoo buddy it's sick as t*ts.

Reactions: 1 person

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
My issue is finding what coils I should use to be more of a midrange watt 50 to 80 ish for my reload I don't wrap I buy premade s and it all adds up experimenting

Had 0.4 ohm fused in single coil at 65 watts in my ammit was fine at one point the flavor vanished

Why do you feel the need to vape at 50 to 80 watts? Just set the watts according to the coils you do have.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
At home I like to chuck huge clouds so I use the a suspension coil off of a truck, a pair of blue jeans for the wicking, dipped in a 5 gal bucket of juice, and wired directly to a 210 power outlet. Whoo buddy it's sick as t*ts.

I've been waiting for some rain. Once I get a lightning strike on my klowd machine I'll be ready to go. I've got a roll of chicken wire (going mesh here) wrapped around a bale of hay I soaked in VG. Now I'm just playing the waiting game.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I've been waiting for some rain. Once I get a lightning strike on my klowd machine I'll be ready to go. I've got a roll of chicken wire (going mesh here) wrapped around a bale of hay I soaked in VG. Now I'm just playing the waiting game.

Screw that waitin' man. Just get yo azz one of them Mr. Fusion's to power up the ole flux capacitor to generate 1.21 gigawatts and fire that bad boy up right now. Tell us how she vapes.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Don't fully understand all that I just want a mid range wattage juice sipper if possible

A good rule of thumb is to use one decent battery per 50W that you intend to use regularly. So if you don't really vape over 50W a single battery mod will do you nicely. If you don't plan to go over 100W then a dual battery mod will do you up. The closer you get to 1 batt/50W then the quicker you're going go through batteries even though you should be perfectly safe. If you know that you want to go close to or over 100W most of the time then the safest thing to do is to get a mod with at least three batteries. But you mentioned that you don't like how long your batteries last. So if you buy a mod that require 4+ batteries then not only will you be vaping safely but you'll see a distinct improvement in run time, and you can use batteries with higher capacities (mAh) because you won't need to buy batteries designed to withstand heavier loads (CDR Amps) because the load will be spread across multiple batteries.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread