Wow vapor king disposable info and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Will be updating this post as tests complete. Wanted to at least give some early info on them until then.

Have always been a bit torn on disposables. Reason behind that is of course the waste factor. Know too many people who have bought them and throw them away like they're regular trash afterwards... They do have a place though. If you haven't vaped before and are looking to switch it's far cheaper alternative to getting a full starter kit. For established vapers they make a great emergency back up.

Now for the important details on the vapor king disposable. Size and shape are literally just like a standard cigarette. They're roughly 3 1/2" long, and weigh slightly more than an analog but not by much. The "filter" end (built in carto) is flexible, not as squishy as cigarette's, but close. The ash endcap glows green instead of red as well. It has a very papery feel as well. Once I kill the battery will take it apart (this is not something anyone should try at home, even says so in the instructional insert. Know the risks I am taking doing so) and be able to go more into details on the internals.

As for battery life, doing 4 second inhales and keeping track of each of one with a clicker. This will allow me to give people a rough idea on battery life. Only mention on the box in terms of use time is "equal to more than 1 pack of cigarettes".
Flavor in the regular tobacco is the new Smilin tobacco flavor (which will review on it's own soon), same for the menthol (Smilin tobacco menthol). Will say it's a very rich full tobacco taste.

One more important thing to note- In the instructional insert it states "Your WOW Vapor King electronic cigarette contains a battery that must be disposed of properly in accordance with state and local requirements." This made me happy to see, and hope that everyone who picks one up follows it.

More to come as tests complete...

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
All right, test run one is complete and have a lot more info on the disposables as well. On a side note, won't be doing pics here, but will post the link to a video once it's done.

Measured run time using 4 second puffs and a clicker as mentioned earlier. Final puff count on the first run is 243 before the green led started blinking. 972 seconds worth, for a total use time of 16.2 minutes. Not bad for a disposable.

As for the battery, waiting to hear back if it is a rechargeable cell or not. Was able to find out info though based solely on production numbers on it some details. It's a 165mah 3.7v cell (both the rechargeable and non-r type cells in this size from this manufacturer are 165mah, so that was no help in deciphering if I could recharge it or not for a second run). Will update once I find out.

As for the coil this is a first for V4L. The Wow King Disposable uses a horizontal coil. The first one I tested measured 2.4ohms on the multi, when I kill the next test batt will measure it as well to see if we can establish a range.

As for the switch mechanism, it borrows the same mic set up from the Zeus, which is a very good thing. It's quite responsive.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Well I had two of my smoking friends try the menthol disposable. They both thought it tasted very similar to the analogs they use, but both thought the 26 was too strong. Is there any discussion about producing these in a lower nicotine level? Perhaps 18? I think I would have more success with my smoking friends with a lesser nicotine level. Just a thought.

AudreySchroder

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    www.V4L.com
    Well I had two of my smoking friends try the menthol disposable. They both thought it tasted very similar to the analogs they use, but both thought the 26 was too strong. Is there any discussion about producing these in a lower nicotine level? Perhaps 18? I think I would have more success with my smoking friends with a lesser nicotine level. Just a thought.

Hey K9, I haven't heard anything about another strength, but will let Steve know your thoughts.

Amraann - be sure to tell us what you think! :)

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Hey K9, I haven't heard anything about another strength, but will let Steve know your thoughts.

Hey Audrey,

I distributed both disposable to smoking friends to try/use over the weekend. The general consensus was that most everybody liked the taste of both, found them to be as close to analog as is possible, yet found them to be too strong, tho. Several people indicated interest in purchasing them if they came in a lesser nicotine level. Please encourage Steve to at least give the 18 a try; I think a lot more people would be purchasing these, cause they offer everything a smoker could ask for in a PV - great taste, great vapor, no charging batteries or filling carts/tanks, just open, use till done, and throw away. Couldn't be simpler!

Michelle

emb

ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2010
    San Diego
    Hey Audrey,

I distributed both disposable to smoking friends to try/use over the weekend. The general consensus was that most everybody liked the taste of both, found them to be as close to analog as is possible, yet found them to be too strong, tho. Several people indicated interest in purchasing them if they came in a lesser nicotine level. Please encourage Steve to at least give the 18 a try; I think a lot more people would be purchasing these, cause they offer everything a smoker could ask for in a PV - great taste, great vapor, no charging batteries or filling carts/tanks, just open, use till done, and throw away. Couldn't be simpler!

Michelle

I agree with you. I wanted to try one - I can see where they could be very useful for specific occasions. The strength is way too high for me. I have been using 4mg for several years now, going to 26 or even 18 would kill me. Too bad they don't come in various strengths.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread