wow what ever happened to C.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

all2kind

Feb 13, 2011
USA
As a business owner for over 30 years, I have been reading the blog "negatives about suppliers".
I'm schocked for one what people expect even after reading suppliers policies, but I'm more schocked at the responses from business owners (suppliers).
The bickering, the name calling, the arguements back and forward, it is just not good business practice, it causes angry people, bad reviews, loss of business, loss of revenue.
Before puting items up for sale make sure you have an inventory you can stand behind, if you like to experiment great, but offer it with a discount and make it clear this item could have some defects. review your website and policies to make sure it is all in order and clear to consumers, if you are to busy it means you are doing well so hire some one to do that job, but make sure to supervise and revise any changes made to websites etc. And do training sessions on how to deal with people have clear policies for your staff on the matter and abide by your own policies. If you have a no refund policy find a way to satisfy the complainer,never argue, call names, delete messages,lose your temper, turn the negative into a positive and you'll have a returning client for life, of course there are those people who you just can't please but if you are polite understanding and calm you'll get a lot further.

As for consumers before buying read the business policies first and understand them if you don't understand ask questions, the timeliness of the response will all ready give you a clue of the C.S. (2-3 days is normal except for Holidays and weekends you should expect longer) Be reasonable you are not the only customer they have. All of us business owners try to please everyone, we are human,we have families, we get sick, deal with personal problems, need a vacation once in a while, and want to celebrate holidays like everyone else, we just can not be available 24/7.
We are also resticted by our manufacturer's shipments, policies, procedures etc.

Remember a rude attitude on either side accomplishes nothing, using these guidelines has kept me in a very succesful business.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
This post really brings up some good valid points. Unfortunately we have a bit of a problem because of the way the forum is sectioned and our posting rules. So what I am going to do is sticky this here so that Suppliers can see it and reply to the op, and I'll also copy it to GD so that the public at large can comment.

No flaming no name calling or finger-pointing will be tolerated though. I have this new usergroup for trolls that I would hate to have to fill up :)

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
As a vendor, I agree with the OP 100%.
I actually had 1 customer cuss me out including vulgar names to which I STILL responded in a professional manner without the name calling or insults. ( this was only a USPS delay).
So, an important point to vendors, stay professional no matter what.

I must say though that some customers are a little tough. They place an order and the following day ask if it was shipped, even though the ship notification was sent, WITH the delivery confirmation number. Please check your email.
Then, 2 days later email us and ask why it hasn't arrived yet or where the order is at.
A biggy, USPS "tracking" is NOT tracking. It is Delivery Confirmation.
Sure, sometimes it shows the status but most of the time it will only show "shipping information received" until it is delivered. It will likely show nothing between the two, especially international orders.
Please understand that we have no control over shipping after we drop it off at the shipping facility. Most of my domestic orders arrive within 4 business days, but please give it up to 7 days before you email us asking where it is at.

Other than that, I am gratefull for all my customers and we all need to stay courteous regarding the e-cig business and anything else for that matter. We are only human.

LeDean

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Tennessee
www.mountainoakvapors.com
I've yet to deal with a tough customer. I think my definition of "tough customer" is defined by my own personal experience. I am what you would call a "tough customer." When I pay good money for something, I expect the vendor to deliver what I paid for in a timely manner. I expect the customer service to be professional and prompt. If the vendor goes out of their way for me - Great! If not, that's fine, but please adhere to your own policies.

That being said, we (my husband and I) operate Mountain Oak Vapors with those things firmly in mind. I tend to treat customers the same way I treat my neighbors. I love people. I understand sometimes people have bad days, but to reciprocate a bad attitude will always lead to a bad transaction.

The main thing to take away from all2kind, a real business owner, is his passion. His zeal. You get out of your business what you put in. Running a business is a full-time job. If you don't have the time, why start a business?

On the other hand, you have the customers. I've always believed that it's impossible to be mean to someone that is friendly and trying to help. (Although, I guess there are always exceptions to any rule.) It's important for the customer to know that the person on the other side of the phone (or computer) is doing their best to navigate through whatever issue is present. If the representative is doing their part, there should never be any need for rudeness. As muldrick stated, we are all only human.

~L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread