Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks Smoketoomuch, still going strong today. My husband's first comment today was, "I feel like nicotine held me together.... I'm falling apart...." Haha, I brought him tea and cookies, and carefully said nothing. :) Seriously, his quit is making me quit, for reals. I don't ever want to feel even a quarter of that bad again.

Anna

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Yeh just don't ask him any questions. When your mind is thinking about nic it hates to be disturbed by any less of a priority, in fact it takes it as a unecessary interruption.
upload_2017-6-22_10-54-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-22_10-51-13.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-22_10-51-13.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 15

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No questions being asked today by ME as husband is passed out flat in bed, but I am on 8 days smoke free! Yay! I had a rough moment earlier but I VAPED through it, so great! Ugh, however, I really like this super dark coco flavor, and it's gunking up my coil so MUCH.... It's from one of the earliest, bottom barrel suppliers around here, and their juice is neither great nor terrible, but it IS convenient.

I have a question, husband is an engineer and set up an industrial, 8 different type of filters under our house to filter our water as it is hard, filled with gunk, and whatever else... Tucson has *terrible*... infrastructure, it's a border town with a ton of corruption. :( Husband tests the thing in some fashion which I don't really understand, but there's literally no particulates, chlorine, etc. I know I have to change my coil today--it's a nautilus 1.8 coil? The thing barely lasted 2 days.... Do I really need to run out and get distilled water to soak it with to try and reuse? I mean, there's no chlorine, flouride, anything that can be measured in detectable levels? Most people drinking our H20 are like.... what did you do? Maybe I'm being lazy but can I just soak the coil in the water I have here (not a work day, already been out, no desire to do so again) and is that a BAD idea with this type of coil? Please help, I am so not ready to build coils yet, and I have plenty, I can certainly junk it, I'm just a tightwad?

Also, any thoughts on a coco flavor that maybe doesn't have quite so much... Whatever, particulate, that's collecting around my coil.... I really like that flavor a great deal, but I'm using max VG so uh, well, it's not ideal (I'm allergic to PG though).

Opinions solicited? Throw it out? Distilled for the win? I'm open to either, I just think 2 days is... Well, it is what it is.

Thanks. :)

Anna

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi again Anna
Where I live the water is also untreated and I've never worried about it. Just rinse and blow dry and reuse. If you blow into the top of the coil while blocking the bottom with your fingers you can blow most of the water out of it through the side juice holes. It doesn't hurt to add juice to a wet coil just expect the first few vapes to be a bit moist and lacking of flavor.

All the chocolate flavors are going to gunk your coils and so will sweeteners which are often found with cocoa flavors, especially store bought ones. The fruit flavors and the clear juices minimize the gunk. I'm vaping a citrus juice that is very clear in color and my coil is just as shiny as it was when new two weeks ago.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, the coil thing is working out fine. It's a major heat advisory around here (115 degrees or more until Saturday.... when did a heat advisory become a "major" heat advisory?) and if I own a blow dryer I think it's still packed in boxes somewhere I haven't unpacked from our house fire.... But it's good to know I can do it quickly also, thanks STM. I'm vaping citrus now and I don't love it, but will probably get used to it :)

Anna

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
If you don't love it then I suggest you don't vape it. Go back to the cocoa flavor you liked and live with the gunking.

There are things you can do to minimize the problem. First you can try to rinse the coil regularly and reuse it as this might result in some of the gunk being washed away before it becomes baked on and hardened. You can also take a pipe cleaner and run it through your coil while rinsing. It will help prolong their life.

You can look to see if the coils can't be ordered from China at a lower cost. Fasttech and Efuntop are two Chinese vendors that folks have generally found quite reliable.

Finally you can get a rebuildable atomizer and learn how to recoil and rewick it. Building coils and wicking really isn't hard to do and though it may seem daunting when you first start learning it, especially the ohm's law thing, but it really is not that complicated if you restrict your building to simpler builds, and of course there are lots of us here who would gladly help you through it.

Yes it's pretty hot in Arizona and the west right now. I'm taking the family on a road trip vacation in mid-July starting in LV and then just driving around where ever it suits us. Hopefully the temps will be a bit lower then.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Citrus is okay now that I'm getting used to it. Yes, I do order from Fasttech, did that with the coils I have... They arrived surprisingly rapidly.... if I'm stocking up. I'd love to rebuild coils my only issue is I have a fine motor tremor and some neuropathy in my fingers.... It's not terrible, but I'm not great with complicated, small things. Probably for now I'll just reuse coils while I can, and yes, if I end up able to do it I would *love* to learn to build coils mainly so I can buy what's needed to be totally independent... Right not I'm looking at how to DIY juice, for sure. I will come and ask when I'm ready and thanks for the info, STM, it's good to know I actually *can* do that with this type of coil as I really think the Nautilus is the tank for me... It's so funny, this flavor, while also 100% PG vapes so differently with this flavor juice, I guess it's less heavy or something :) So much to find out! (I like that, btw :) )

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay, my coil turned out great, using the methods described above. That's a relief, I'd rather vape flavors I like though peppermint is okay, and also clear.... Will have to investigate more as it seems that in a small MTL setup, changing flavors really helps... With the flavor, if that makes sense.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread