Written up for vaping at work.. California

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    It amazes me how much things have changed since I was young and HAD to make a living to pay all my bills. Your employer said "jump" and you said "how high?" I needed my job. As long as they didn't ask me to do anything illegal, I followed their rules. I had good dental and medical insurance and I followed whatever rules I had to in order to receive those great benefits, which would have cost me a fortune to pay for myself. Back then we dressed to the nines every day......women wore skirts and dresses WITH pantyhose and a pump w/a small heel. (professional environment where I was).

And smoke at your desk, or in my case tolerate smoke from my co workers since I didn't start smoking until later.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    The only thing that keeps employers in check is the threat of a law suit which they the employer may or may not perceive. It's best never to bluff or mention LS unless your willing to go all the way.
    If you like your job and want to keep it, grovel.
    If you have acted in anyway other than groveling, it's just a matter of time and you should be out their searching for a new job.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Everything is illegal in a communist state, even if it's not "on the books", unless deemed otherwise on a case-by-case basis.

That said, you need to be more careful. Increase your nic and lower your wattage for "stealth" vaping at work (15W max). Hold it in to minimize your vapor output and make sure you exhale toward the vent and as closely to the vent as possible.

And don't vape smelly liquids at work!!!! Learn to live with no-smell flavors for work and other like situations.

If you are 110% sure there was no vapor lingering in the air when you left, I say you are being set-up. Start looking for another job pronto! There's no way she could have "smelled" your electronic cig unless you're vaping a smelly flavor or you're vaping the cotton lol.

Never tell the truth in Kalifornia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread