Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Okay, DIYers - have any of you tried subbing WS-23 for Koolada in your recipes? I ordered a bottle of 30% WS-23 in my last DIY flavor order. I read that a 30% solution was 1.5 times stronger than a 10% Koolada solution. Since WS-23 is not as strong as Koolada, again, according to the internet, I am not sure about that. I made a batch of my favorite and subbed the WS-23 at .75% instead of the 1% Koolada I usually put in. To be honest, I can't tell much difference.

I am interested in the experiences of others.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I am getting a bit more throat hit with this mix and I don't know if that is the WS-23 or the fact that I made a new coil (different from my usual) and am vaping at a lower wattage than normal as the coil is .34ohms. I have gotten used to .14 or so at a higher wattage. A more fair trial would be apples to apples but am still curious how others are finding WS-23 vs. Koolada. Thanks!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Great question @PJReid!:thumb:
What little I can find about it... it is not so much about being "colder;" as it is having less interference(?)(muting, dulling, masking, and/or adding "flavor" of its own) than menthol or koolada. It also appears to have a sharper (shorter?) curve from "detectable" to "extreme" (0.5% to 3.0% appears(?) to be min/max(brain-freeze) range).
I have yet to venture trying it; so I eagerly await hearing from those that have.:D
:pop:

As a side note: I would agree that changing hardware, or using unknown recipes, is not a fair way to evaluate any new product. I would suggest going back to a tried-and-true "known" set-up and recipe, in order to give fair evaluation to the WS-23. Just my :2c: :blush:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Great question @PJReid!:thumb:
What little I can find about it... it is not so much about being "colder;" as it is having less interference(?)(muting, dulling, masking, and/or adding "flavor" of its own) than menthol or koolada. It also appears to have a sharper (shorter?) curve from "detectable" to "extreme" (0.5% to 3.0% appears(?) to be min/max(brain-freeze) range).
I have yet to venture trying it; so I eagerly await hearing from those that have.:D
:pop:

As a side note: I would agree that changing hardware, or using unknown recipes, is not a fair way to evaluate any new product. I would suggest going back to a tried-and-true "known" set-up and recipe, in order to give fair evaluation to the WS-23. Just my :2c: :blush:

Thank you for the reply. I put the juice I made with the WS-23 in a tank I use regularly and would say it is quite nice. It would be hard to say there is a great deal of difference. It is just a bit cooler on the inhale - nice. I might try the recipe without any menthol and just the WS-23 to see what difference that makes. This is my ADV with Creme de Menthe and Whipped Cream so it will be an interesting experiment. If WS-23 doesn't mute, dull, mask, etc. the Creme de Menthe, the extra menthol might be unnecessary.

I am still very interested in the experiences of others.

Reactions: IDJoel

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I made up a batch of my creme de menthe favorite, leaving out extra menthol and increasing the WS-13 to 1%. It is very good but icy at just 1%. I think I like my original recipe, modified from Sgt.Rock's original Creme de Menthe recipe more. For me, the balance is better. I can see why people like WS-13 and would still like to hear from others who have tried it.
37487279470_35bc1085a0_z.jpg
37487292310_6137c858af_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread