{Edited} is this overpriced bs on ebay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
This is what you get when you search "mod" on ebay /

Cafdsfsdpture.PNG

Capdsasture.PNG

Capdsdsture.PNG

Captsadasdadsasure.PNG

Captudsfdsfsdfdsfre.PNG

LOL just LOL

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Whatever the market will support! Some items are actually collectable, some items use precious metals and other items may just tickle someone's fancy. The selling price is really decided by the person spending the money.

I have a friend that makes a very good living by shopping at thrift store and placing these items on ebay. Always amazed me she could find and purchase stuff for a buck or two and sometimes sell it for tenfold or more her purchase price. Sometimes it is luck, sometimes the frenzy of an auction gets heated when more than one bidder just wants to win!

Then, there is some old saying that starts out something like,,, A fool and his money---

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well it makes some people proud that they spent a lot of money on authentic mechs or carefully modded unregulated boxes. Its a different market.

Additionally, I am sorry to say that the Canadian government might be censoring your eBay results. Because when I search 'mod' on eBay, I get pages worth of cheap clones.

Reactions: SissySpike

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Every hobby has a subset of participants that are collectors, and vaping is no exception.

Personally, even though I'm good with spending money on equipment, I buy it to use it. It's gonna get dropped, scratched, bumped, and beat up. With some of those, I'd be afraid of leaving the house with them for fear of damage.

But, if you want it and can afford it, why not buy it? The only person I need to justify my purchases to is me!

Reactions: ScandaLeX

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Whatever the market will support! Some items are actually collectable, some items use precious metals and other items may just tickle someone's fancy. The selling price is really decided by the person spending the money.

I have a friend that makes a very good living by shopping at thrift store and placing these items on ebay. Always amazed me she could find and purchase stuff for a buck or two and sometimes sell it for tenfold or more her purchase price. Sometimes it is luck, sometimes the frenzy of an auction gets heated when more than one bidder just wants to win!

Then, there is some old saying that starts out something like,,, A fool and his money---
I also have a friend that does this. He made 28k last year buying stuff from Goodwill and flipping it on Ebay. Of course I go through his findings and nab some stuff before he throws it up for sale lol. I've grabbed some old NES games, Cubs gear, and some other random stuff from him. It's actually crazy some of the prices Goodwill sells this stuff at. They clearly have no knowledge of most of the items they buy and sell.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I also have a friend that does this. He made 28k last year buying stuff from Goodwill and flipping it on Ebay. Of course I go through his findings and nab some stuff before he throws it up for sale lol. I've grabbed some old NES games, Cubs gear, and some other random stuff from him. It's actually crazy some of the prices Goodwill sells this stuff at. They clearly have no knowledge of most of the items they buy and sell.

jesus. buying stuff from goodwill then making money off it, i duno how i feel about that :lol:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
A lot of people sell things for ridiculous prices because there are always suckers. My other hobby is audiophile grade headphones. I'll see eBay sellers listing ones that cost $150 retail for $500+

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Sometimes eBay gives me ideas on how much I'm not willing to spend. Some prices are just ridiculous.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Sometimes eBay gives me ideas on how much I'm not willing to spend. Some prices are just ridiculous.
Yep. And craigslist is just as bad. I make a lot of purchases on craigslist. But vaping products are ridiculous. There's currently a guy selling an eGo One for $85.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Some of the mods in the OP are limited editions that are no longer available for sell. A collector's item. Some are hand-made probably by one guy who spent multiple days on the wood or metal. Some of them are standard prices for authentics. An authentic Akuma sells at the online vape retailers for $220 USD.... = $270 CAD.... making the eBay price of $245 CAD a discount.

Ebay also has reputable vendors that sell all of the clones at low prices and often offer free shipping. You don't have to wait for FastTech.

As mentioned before, the results I get when searching 'mod' on eBay are filled with pages upon pages of cheap clones. Something is suspicious about the OPs result. Or Canada is filtering the internet.

But a verified seller from the United States on eBay is selling what they put in the description. If they weren't, they would lose their eBay accounts and would lose all of the money that they made on the sale.... plus they would lose the clone that they shipped. Its way too risky to be dishonest. eBay and PayPal have as good protections as the big credit card companies like American Express. If something is fraudulent, it is corrected right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread