WV bills to end online sales, tax eliquid and.... DIY supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
... would impose $.075/ml tax on all e-liquid (i.e. $2.25 for a 30ml bottle) including nicotine-free e-liquid, would increase cigarette tax from $.55 to $1/ pack, and would increase OTP tax from 7% to 12%.

I think you may have misread, or mistyped.

(1) On and after April 1, 2016, an excise tax is levied and imposed on sales of e-cigarette liquid at the rate of 7.5¢ per milliliter or fraction thereof, or if not sold, then at the same rate upon the use by the wholesaler or dealer. For purposes of this article, any distributor, dealer, subjobber, subjobber dealer, retailer or any other person that imports or transports e-cigarette liquids into this state, or that causes e-cigarette liquids to be imported or transported into this state, is hereby deemed to be a wholesaler for purposes of this section, and is liable for the tax imposed under this article.

It is 7.5 cents /ml and not !== .075 cent/s /ml. Also anyone selling from out of state needs to register with the state's tax commissioner for approval. And from what I'm understanding, they would need such approval for each sale.

Also from the same source:

(1) The Tax Commissioner has the authority to inspect or examine the records, books, and papers, and any equipment or e-cigarette apparatus, and any stock of e-cigarette liquid kept in or upon the premises of persons who sell, possess or store e-cigarette liquid, for the purpose of determining the quantity and value of e-cigarette liquid acquired, on hand or disbursed, to verify the truth and accuracy of any statement, return, form, or report, and to ascertain whether the tax imposed by this article has been properly paid.

So then each out of state seller must allow for the WV tax commissioner to come to their business and inspect their records, facilities, inventories? Who pays for the commissioner's travel and expenses? Does this not also violate some form of conflict of interest, as in knowledge of what business has what assets in order to facilitate running businesses out of business?

Fine.

What is the EXACT AMOUNT of fraud that ANY man or woman has the right to
commit?

What is the EXACT AMOUNT of fraud that ANY man or woman has an actual
obligation to endure?

What is the BASIC PREMISE that is being operated off of, in the instant
case?

Let WV Attorney General, or a Judicial Administrator come and answer those questions here in public, please. I do believe this legislation to be fraudulent. It seems to infer taxation without representation with full prejudice. In simple terms, it is against the Doctrine of Void for Vagueness and is being offered as such by those alleged to represent me, my wife, my family yet they do not. Instead they represent big tobacco industries. So please, do welcome WV Attorney General or a WV Judicial Administrator to come and answer these three questions, here in a public forum.

Here again are the questions:

What is the EXACT AMOUNT of fraud that ANY man or woman has the right to
commit?

What is the EXACT AMOUNT of fraud that ANY man or woman has an actual
obligation to endure?

What is the BASIC PREMISE that is being operated off of, in the instant
case?

If they choose not to answer, or cannot answer I rule to nullify the legislation without prejudice on the grounds of violating Constitutional Void for Vagueness Doctrine. I am a "common man" and what I see of the legislation is far too vague to be defined clearly.

Further I have such right as guaranteed by the ninth amendment of the Constitution for The United States of America. This amendment:
Article the eleventh [Amendment IX]

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Here is the source: Bill of Rights

Clarification:

(1) The Tax Commissioner has the authority to inspect or examine the records, books, and papers, and any equipment or e-cigarette apparatus, and any stock of e-cigarette liquid kept in or upon the premises of persons who sell, possess or store e-cigarette liquid, for the purpose of determining the quantity and value of e-cigarette liquid acquired, on hand or disbursed, to verify the truth and accuracy of any statement, return, form, or report, and to ascertain whether the tax imposed by this article has been properly paid.

This to me does not make sense and is confusing. How does the WV tax commissioner plan to tax those sellers in other states, in other countries even? How will law in WV be enacted for other localities? Will it even?

WV is going to waltz in and take revenue from others? I think others may have quite a few choice words at the least. If businesses are incorporated they fall now under being persons, people. They are entitled to no undue searches & seizures. The more I ponder this it makes less and less sense.

Hopefully, our senators & representatives will not see any sense in it as well. Kind of hearing they are not from someone keen to be aware of goings on.

Now, I'm going to go vape myself into a stupor. :) :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::laugh::laugh::laugh::headbang::headbang::headbang: Cloudz Brah, Cloudz!

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Uhm:

7.5 cents == $0.075

Still not making sense to me numerically. But I'm numerically dyslexic too. It reads as fractional or something to me. Bad math on my end aside, still think it's fraud involved and still want those questions answered.

Okay, I see where my confusion lies with the math I think. Too many numbers. If the poster would not have used the extra padding zero, to me it may have been easier to comprehend. Yes, I know both ways of writing it are correct.

Also know I am bad at reading numbers and people writing them one way or another often confuses me. No, I'm not being funny in any way, I genuinely have difficulty.

MTFogger

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
North Carolina
I still recall the days when tom baker was saying, it's not the FDA that's the concern, it's the states. And everyone (but me) responding was like, "no! It's the FDA! This year (like 2 years ago), they are going to create a massive overhaul that will decimate the industry. You are so far off base Tom, and obviously have no idea what this fight is about."

I agree. here is a post/prediction I made back in Jan 2014
"
After reading thru these postings, though not all, I'd have to agree with tombaker on this. FDA is not the immediate problem and I would agree that some form of regulation on the liquid ingredients used in E-juices is needed by the FDA to insure quality. However I would not just ignore the FDA entirely, they after all to quote a phrase can and do "Dance like a Butterfly and sting like a Bee". The real current problem are the locals who have a tendency to act like moral police like most politician do, "I don't like it therefore it is bad or wrong and must impose it upon all" attitude and they will especially if there is no opposition, old information, non factual information, lack of current testing, not put in their place and or just out right don't care of the true facts. I don't know what the animosity is between tombaker and Bill Godshall is or if there is any but you guys need to start working as a team not as a one man band if that is even possible. You know what they say knowledge is power and two heads is better than one"

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I agree. here is a post/prediction I made back in Jan 2014
"
After reading thru these postings, though not all, I'd have to agree with tombaker on this. FDA is not the immediate problem and I would agree that some form of regulation on the liquid ingredients used in E-juices is needed by the FDA to insure quality. However I would not just ignore the FDA entirely, they after all to quote a phrase can and do "Dance like a Butterfly and sting like a Bee". The real current problem are the locals who have a tendency to act like moral police like most politician do, "I don't like it therefore it is bad or wrong and must impose it upon all" attitude and they will especially if there is no opposition, old information, non factual information, lack of current testing, not put in their place and or just out right don't care of the true facts.
"Locals" being cities and counties? I think that's what you mean, and it looks to me that they might be a bigger threat than States, here in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread