www.Reosmods.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappadoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Michigan
I don't have anything against Porcupines!
I just don't trust them, they can poke your eye out with them needles!
Ok sorry,enough of that!

I am not fond of porcupines. I had one pee on a tree I was hunting in and good God do they stink! Worse than a skunk. I had to quit hunting that tree stand due to the smell. They are "cute", though.:)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Yes I'm happy to see this new thread Rob. Now we can talk about hardware and the workings of your devices. The good stuff!
Quick question, is the grand going to have any new upgrade to its operation compared to the mini. Besides the 6ml bottle and the 18650 battery? There is nothing wrong with the mini of course.

P.S. I don't have anything against Porcupines!
I just don't trust them, they can poke your eye out with them needles!
Ok sorry,enough of that!
Just the 18650 and the 6 ml bottle other then that there the same

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thanks for the new thread Rob. On the REOS when you squeeze the bottle it serves to wet the atty of course. I'd like to know a bit more about the mechanics of this because I think when you can understand what is actually happenign it can help you operate it better.

1. Does the juice just basically squirt on to the coil bypassing the mesh and bridge area? I am imaging this because it is coming from the bottom and not 'dripping' down on to the mesh. If this is the case does one have about the same amount of vapes in between wetting the atty as one does when they do a direct drip? Or is it less because you are not wetting the wick/mesh thus holding juice to the coil for subsequent vapes?

2. Related to the above, does your bottom feeder render the bridge and mesh moot? Meaning, you don't need it and if you don't need it does it help to remove the bridge and the mesh from the atty?

I got a REO but I had some problems (we already discussed this so I won't go in to it here) and someone offered to purchase it from me and I decided to sell it and revisit purchasing possibly a Grand at a later time.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks for the new thread Rob. On the REOS when you squeeze the bottle it serves to wet the atty of course. I'd like to know a bit more about the mechanics of this because I think when you can understand what is actually happenign it can help you operate it better.

1. Does the juice just basically squirt on to the coil bypassing the mesh and bridge area? I am imaging this because it is coming from the bottom and not 'dripping' down on to the mesh. If this is the case does one have about the same amount of vapes in between wetting the atty as one does when they do a direct drip? Or is it less because you are not wetting the wick/mesh thus holding juice to the coil for subsequent vapes?

2. Related to the above, does your bottom feeder render the bridge and mesh moot? Meaning, you don't need it and if you don't need it does it help to remove the bridge and the mesh from the atty?

I got a REO but I had some problems (we already discussed this so I won't go in to it here) and someone offered to purchase it from me and I decided to sell it and revisit purchasing possibly a Grand at a later time.

The wire mesh actually does get wet.Most people removing the bridge if you asked them a month later you will find they stopped doing it.The wire mesh is a buffer as it does get wet.If you really want to extend the life of your atomizer and boiling it no longer works or soaking or what ever way you use to clean your atomizer try opening the two holes just above the threads on your atomizer.In use a 5/64 drill bit and it really brings that old atomizer back to life.I hope you told who ever you sold the mini to that it needed the button replaced.If you could pm me there email I will offer this to them.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
OK PM'd to you...yes I saw your mod in the other reo thread for the attys...looks like a very easy and sensible mod....

The wire mesh actually does get wet.Most people removing the bridge if you asked them a month later you will find they stopped doing it.The wire mesh is a buffer as it does get wet.If you really want to extend the life of your atomizer and boiling it no longer works or soaking or what ever way you use to clean your atomizer try opening the two holes just above the threads on your atomizer.In use a 5/64 drill bit and it really brings that old atomizer back to life.I hope you told who ever you sold the mini to that it needed the button replaced.If you could pm me there email I will offer this to them.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i use one of those on the Mini Reo and it's the best IMO....for that 14500 mod. although most seem to prefer the LR 510's that are in the mid-range (1.7 to 1.8 Ohm) for the Mini.
I would guess (since the Grand is new with a capital New ergo; unknown) that the 2.0 Iken 510 will be the "one". Most likely. Unless you are a human flame thrower... just kiddin.

OK. If I'm lucky enough to get a Reo Grand tomorrow, I'm thinking of using one of Ikenvape's 2.0ohm 510 atties with an 18650. Good combo? I'm open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
oops; forgot to say that since i use the Iken 2.0 LR 510 on my 14500, I will try the 2.0 Iken on the Grand too;
(if i get one in the first wave, or the second, God willing.;)))
Buttt, if it feels a bit hot, since it's a 18650, I will have a Titan 510 (TW) which is 2.1 to 2.2 !!!
I use that on my "hotter" 18650 mod.
It depends on how hot the Grand fires up, and how hot you like it; or not; of course...

i use one of those on the Mini Reo and it's the best IMO....for that 14500 mod. although most seem to prefer the LR 510's that are in the mid-range (1.7 to 1.8 Ohm) for the Mini.
I would guess (since the Grand is new with a capital New ergo; unknown) that the 2.0 Iken 510 will be the "one". Most likely. Unless you are a human flame thrower... just kiddin.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
oops; forgot to say that since i use the Iken 2.0 LR 510 on my 14500, I will try the 2.0 Iken on the Grand too;
(if i get one in the first wave, or the second, God willing.;)))
Buttt, if it feels a bit hot, since it's a 18650, I will have a Titan 510 (TW) which is 2.1 to 2.2 !!!
I use that on my "hotter" 18650 mod.
It depends on how hot the Grand fires up, and how hot you like it; or not; of course...

YOur just full of atomizer info Thanks Ukeman

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Robert, are we going to have all the colors available tonight ???

All the colors will be available I built the mod around the Ultrafire Protected 18650 Lithium Ion Battery 3000 mah, 3.7 volts..

18mm across, 68mm tall. Just make sure you get a battery with a button + top Not saying the flat top wont work but the mod was built to use a button top battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread