Status
Not open for further replies.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Yes you can but give the atomizer a go you may find it easier to user then you think.

Thank you .. I bought Ukeman's mini Reo today, he is getting the Grand and is selling me his mini. I'm sooooooo excited. I had PMed you last week Rob, asking about when you might have more mini's, but I know it will be a little while longer so am happy to be getting Ukeman's. He shipped it to me today and I'll have it soon .. brushed silver :) I do use PG based juices and he said there's a little tube I should get from you for PG, he doesnt have his anymore. If there's a place I can order one on your website please point me in the right direction.

I've never killed an atty, all of my are alive and well, I just can never use them correctly. I have watched youtube videos and I do it like others do in the videos but it just never works out for me. I am a chain vaper at times and if my atty starts to get dry and I get that burnt taste I just hate it so much. Then in my aggravation I probably push my feeders too hard and the atty floods .. argh.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thank you .. I bought Ukeman's mini Reo today, he is getting the Grand and is selling me his mini. I'm sooooooo excited. I had PMed you last week Rob, asking about when you might have more mini's, but I know it will be a little while longer so am happy to be getting Ukeman's. He shipped it to me today and I'll have it soon .. brushed silver :) I do use PG based juices and he said there's a little tube I should get from you for PG, he doesnt have his anymore. If there's a place I can order one on your website please point me in the right direction.

I've never killed an atty, all of my are alive and well, I just can never use them correctly. I have watched youtube videos and I do it like others do in the videos but it just never works out for me. I am a chain vaper at times and if my atty starts to get dry and I get that burnt taste I just hate it so much. Then in my aggravation I probably push my feeders too hard and the atty floods .. argh.

Send me your address I will send you one of the reducer tubes and a LR 510 give it a shot I think you will be surprised the mini has turned many carto users into atomizers users

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Send me your address I will send you one of the reducer tubes and a LR 510 give it a shot I think you will be surprised the mini has turned many carto users into atomizers users

Wow, you are the BEST!!! I actually did buy some LR atty's, they arrived the other day but I've been too chicken to even try them LOL. I'm a very bad vaper I'm afraid. Please dont waste a nice LR atty on me Rob, but yes I would love the "reducer tubes", anything that might keep me from getitng leaking everywhere will be great. I bought my Ali'i from Lawnman, he met me in person when I happened to be in Tampa to go on a cruise and gave it to me. He showed me how to use it and then had me try it .. he was amazed that I maanged to get juice pouring out everywhere all over the Ali'i .. in fact I had to almost pick his mouth up .. he was shocked anyone could flood an atty that fast and that much, and I have little hands so he never expected it from someone my size .. poor guy LOL.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY

That was very nice of you Rob, what a great guy!
stashbldr... Please do give it a try. The difference between a carto and a LR 510 is amazing. Its worth trying to get the feel for one. If you really want a treat, find yourself some Cisco spec LR 510 attys. Been using one the last 4 days, and I am sold. The vapor production is a bit better, but the FLAVOR is 100% more fantastical :)

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
That was very nice of you Rob, what a great guy!
stashbldr... Please do give it a try. The difference between a carto and a LR 510 is amazing. Its worth trying to get the feel for one. If you really want a treat, find yourself some Cisco spec LR 510 attys. Been using one the last 4 days, and I am sold. The vapor production is a bit better, but the FLAVOR is 100% more fantastical :)

Can you tell me where I can get the Cisco's? Not like I dont have LR's from other suppliers, may as well get more that can sit in my atty box, untouched and unvaped. Actually I think I may go blow one of them out and give it a try .. but if my lips burn off or my throat catches on fire I'll be sure to let you know LOL.

I really appreciate all the advice and I really do want to get ready for the arrival of my mini Reo, so off I go to blow out one of these LR attys :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Rob uses EM LR's stashbldr, which are not as hot as the Cisco. 1.7 to 1.9 vs 1.5 from Cisco... the Cisco will make a man out of a boy :), but like i said before, there are choices... up to the 2.0 Ikenvape and beyond (Titan 2.2 510).
btw, cartos have variable resistances too... there are LR cartos and up to 2.8 Ohm.

Main thing is to enjoy what you settle on and in time you'll see the incremental options.
..One day i'll be telling you to try high voltage attys and 6v batts....

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Can you tell me where I can get the Cisco's? Not like I dont have LR's from other suppliers, may as well get more that can sit in my atty box, untouched and unvaped. Actually I think I may go blow one of them out and give it a try .. but if my lips burn off or my throat catches on fire I'll be sure to let you know LOL.

I really appreciate all the advice and I really do want to get ready for the arrival of my mini Reo, so off I go to blow out one of these LR attys :)

Stash, I know vaporflow has the Cisco attys for sale.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Rob uses EM LR's stashbldr, which are not as hot as the Cisco. 1.7 to 1.9 vs 1.5 from Cisco... the Cisco will make a man out of a boy :), but like i said before, there are choices... up to the 2.0 Ikenvape and beyond (Titan 2.2 510).
btw, cartos have variable resistances too... there are LR cartos and up to 2.8 Ohm.

Main thing is to enjoy what you settle on and in time you'll see the incremental options.
..One day i'll be telling you to try high voltage attys and 6v batts....

ohhhhhh probably to hot-hot-hot for me. Ukeman knows my vaping habits, and knows I like it cooler rather than hotter. I did get some EM LR's, from Vapor Junction. Havent tried them yet but am working my way up to it .. I did put an atty on my Ali'i an hour ago, it's just a standard 510 atty .. and I'm working at not flooding the atty and not running it dry, so far I'm doing OK with it .. as long as I remember to squeeze my bottle before that dreaded burnt taste happens.

Last edited:

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I was an atty hater too LOL. I hardly ever use a carto now that I got the mini reo. I keep them just in case but with the mini I don't need to use them any more. I use mainly pg and everything works great.

Wow, you are the BEST!!! I actually did buy some LR atty's, they arrived the other day but I've been too chicken to even try them LOL. I'm a very bad vaper I'm afraid. Please dont waste a nice LR atty on me Rob, but yes I would love the "reducer tubes", anything that might keep me from getitng leaking everywhere will be great. I bought my Ali'i from Lawnman, he met me in person when I happened to be in Tampa to go on a cruise and gave it to me. He showed me how to use it and then had me try it .. he was amazed that I maanged to get juice pouring out everywhere all over the Ali'i .. in fact I had to almost pick his mouth up .. he was shocked anyone could flood an atty that fast and that much, and I have little hands so he never expected it from someone my size .. poor guy LOL.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I was an atty hater too LOL. I hardly ever use a carto now that I got the mini reo. I keep them just in case but with the mini I don't need to use them any more. I use mainly pg and everything works great.

Hi Nyxie, I'm hoping that's what happens to me too, that I can make the carto-to-atty switch. I did try using a regular atty again a few hours ago and am doing great with it .. I'm remembering to push my bottle after every 5 vapes and also havent flooded it yet .. phew.

One thing though .. I cant use the EM LR atty's, they dont fit on my Ali'i or on my Phidias either .. the hole is too small on the atty. What's up with that I wonder?

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
That is weird about the em atty's not fitting the other mods. I am using the em lr atty rob sent with my mini, that was what made me switch over, but I don't have the other mods. Maybe HeyMichael can comment on that , he has some other ones and a mini and I think he is waiting for a Grand too.

I was back and forth trying to get a Reo or Ali'i but I saw the mini and wanted a sturdy mod. I know I would kill a wood one. So here I am a Reo nut now, not even thinking about any other kind anymore. Waiting patiently for my Black and Silver Grand.

Hi Nyxie, I'm hoping that's what happens to me too, that I can make the carto-to-atty switch. I did try using a regular atty again a few hours ago and am doing great with it .. I'm remembering to push my bottle after every 5 vapes and also havent flooded it yet .. phew.

One thing though .. I cant use the EM LR atty's, they dont fit on my Ali'i or on my Phidias either .. the hole is too small on the atty. What's up with that I wonder?

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
That is weird about the em atty's not fitting the other mods. I am using the em lr atty rob sent with my mini, that was what made me switch over, but I don't have the other mods. Maybe HeyMichael can comment on that , he has some other ones and a mini and I think he is waiting for a Grand too.

Yes very weird, I got these EM LR's from Vapor Junction .. got 3 of them and the bottom hole is too small for the tubes to fit into .. so now I cant use them at all I guess.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I have a question .. please dont shoot me for asking .. but can I use 510 cartomizers on a mini Reo?

and yes yes I know, I should use an atty but I have the world's worst luck with attys, I flood them constantly and when I dont flood them I end up getting them too dry and as soon as I taste any burning taste I go nutso .. so I want to use a cartomizer on it. Will it be OK on the mini?

LR cartos work great on the mini! What works for me to give the bottle a long slow squeeze while holding the unit upside down so the juice goes into the carto instead of the divot on the top. Do that every 4 or 5 vapes and let it sit for a minute.

That being said, give Reo's advice on attys a chance. Try the reducer tube if you use a pg or thinner pg/vg mix or try adding a bit of vg to thicken the viscosity if you're up to it. With the proper draw and juice, the mod can be self juicing, especially with a full bottle. Ah, nirvana, bliss!

There is a bit of guesswork as you get used to the mod, and for that matter, the individual atty and the juice you're using. But you'll quickly get used to it, and it is a pretty forgiving little mod.
If it tastes burnt, squeeze it for just a second until you see a teensy bit of juice bubble out of the bottom of the atty, or try a couple of primer puffs without hitting the button. If do you flood it, blow the excess into a napkin, and you're back in business in less than 30 seconds. A friend of mine is a complete vaping newbie, and she mastered the Mini in less than 10 minutes with next to no instruction. She's now contentedly vaping up a storm. (BTW, Julia says hi and thanks, Rob; she wouldn't have been able to get through her hospital stay without it.)

The Mini is definitely one of the best mods I've ever tried, and I've had quite a few of them, one of them costing twice as much. It could possibly be my all time favorite, ever. I've got a Grand on the way, and the only advantage it has is the increased battery life and bigger juice bottle; it could easily be an all day sucker mod...being able to throw it in your pocket and vape all day without carrying anything else. I'm willing to use a slightly bigger mod for this tradeoff, but it's a personal preference. OTOH, a small bag will allow you to take a couple of extra batteries and bottles to accomplish the same thing with hardly any inconvenience at all, and the extra small size will appeal to many. Like my wife. Who keeps asking when the Grand will get here. So she can take my Mini.

In my humble opinion, you really can't go wrong with either the Mini or the Grand. Redeyedancer has really outdone himself on these mods. Grab one while you can, once word gets out, it'll be almost impossible to get your hands on one.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California

Eastmall made a change to their LR atomizers thinking they were going to be better. When in fact they turned out worse. The hole is smaller so they won't fit on the mods with the juice tube like the Ali'i and Woodimus. They don't last as long either. Some have reported only a couple days use out of them before they fail. They are aware of these problems and are returning to the original LR atomizer line. This is why they're out of stock on their site. They should have the good ones very soon.

I was back and forth trying to get a Reo or Ali'i but I saw the mini and wanted a sturdy mod. I know I would kill a wood one. So here I am a Reo nut now, not even thinking about any other kind anymore. Waiting patiently for my Black and Silver Grand.

Robs mods don't use the tube so any atomizer will fit on his.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
stash, the reo mini doesnt have a pin coming up from the juice bottle side of the atty connector..
so it will screw right on to the Mini....
no worries there.
interesting about the phid and ali'i .... not accepting... hey i think i had a problem like that when i first got my ali'i too; one of my attys would fit.

Yes very weird, I got these EM LR's from Vapor Junction .. got 3 of them and the bottom hole is too small for the tubes to fit into .. so now I cant use them at all I guess.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
btw stash i am very happy for you...
you will now have the very best at your fingertips... to choose from.
so interested to see how you take to the mini reo.

couldn't be happier; at least til i see my shipping order for my grand from rob.....yeah.

i'm good though with my 18650's here til then.... ...great post clyde!

i just happen to be a 18650 juice-feed-nut all the way now...

heymichael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
I have a Ali'i and a mini. Waiting for a Grand also. I prefer using LR306's. They last a long time and are quite warm. I even found a easy way to clean them. Just leave them in your pocket when you do laundry. They come out nice and clean, and perform well. I've been using the same atomizer for nearly two months. No problems. In the words of Alfred E. Newman...."What, me worry?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread