X Cube Ultra Fire Button Gel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizmo

Jan 15, 2017
I just got my X Cube Ultra yesterday and noticed some clear gel stuff leaking out of the lighted area of the fire button towards the top. I have searched all over the internet but haven't found anywhere else mentioning this issue. The mod seems to be working fine (the bottom part of the tank where it screws into the Cube *does* get hotter faster than my Kanger Cupti even though the Cupti is at 75w and the X Cube is 50w, using a TFV4 on the Cube FYI) and the screen and light work but I keep getting the goo on my hands and all over the mod whenever I vape. I've tried wiping it off over and over but each time I squeeze the fire button more comes out. I don't see any cracks in the plastic over the lights.

Any ideas? Is this a normal "lube" for the fire button that will go away over time?

I called customer service for the site I bought it from and they said to call back Monday when "senior customer service reps would be in".

Also, I am finding the TFV4 to be quite airy and not as flavorful, I almost feel like I'm not breathing anything in. I never even know if I got a hit until I breathe out. I use a 70% vg 3mg juice. I used the same juice in my Cupti and got a better throat hit. Yes I know I can tighten the air openings on the TFV4 but even with them all the way open it gets hot really quickly, like within three to four 2-3 sec hits. This is a big problem for me since I tend to chain vape.

Is there another tank that would work better? I would like a little more feel of breathing *something* in, but more importantly, increased flavor, decreased heat and no leaks (preferably a top fill?). Clouds aren't as important to me. I don't even mind if the tank has a smaller juice capacity.

Someone recommended a Baby Beast to me. Would that accomplish the above?

I appreciate any help you can give!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don't know about the lube question but I think a different tank would make difference. The tfv4 coils are all triple and quadruple and such. I think that's why your vapor is getting so hot. All that wire in the coils is making too much heat so you can't restrict the airflow thus causing too airy of a hit. Get a tank that runs maybe dual coils at most. Hope I could be of some service to you. I think the baby beast runs the same coils so that wouldn't help. I use the uwell crown tank which runs dual S.S. coils, holds 4mls, and works great. It's the original crown tank not the crown2 which I can't speak to. Also you can run the S.S. coils in temp. Mode which may help get you more satisfying hits.

Last edited:

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I just got my X Cube Ultra yesterday and noticed some clear gel stuff leaking out of the lighted area of the fire button towards the top. I have searched all over the internet but haven't found anywhere else mentioning this issue. The mod seems to be working fine (the bottom part of the tank where it screws into the Cube *does* get hotter faster than my Kanger Cupti even though the Cupti is at 75w and the X Cube is 50w, using a TFV4 on the Cube FYI) and the screen and light work but I keep getting the goo on my hands and all over the mod whenever I vape. I've tried wiping it off over and over but each time I squeeze the fire button more comes out. I don't see any cracks in the plastic over the lights.

Any ideas? Is this a normal "lube" for the fire button that will go away over time?

I called customer service for the site I bought it from and they said to call back Monday when "senior customer service reps would be in".

Also, I am finding the TFV4 to be quite airy and not as flavorful, I almost feel like I'm not breathing anything in. I never even know if I got a hit until I breathe out. I use a 70% vg 3mg juice. I used the same juice in my Cupti and got a better throat hit. Yes I know I can tighten the air openings on the TFV4 but even with them all the way open it gets hot really quickly, like within three to four 2-3 sec hits. This is a big problem for me since I tend to chain vape.

Is there another tank that would work better? I would like a little more feel of breathing *something* in, but more importantly, increased flavor, decreased heat and no leaks (preferably a top fill?). Clouds aren't as important to me. I don't even mind if the tank has a smaller juice capacity.

Someone recommended a Baby Beast to me. Would that accomplish the above?

I appreciate any help you can give!

Yes, I have the clear gel on my lightbar too, I just like you, thought I was the only one. :(

But, I've not taken it apart yet to see where it is coming from, I wipe it away and it seems to reappear when I press the fire-bar.

Sorry I have nothing else at the minute but at least you know your not the only one with an oily lightstrip.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Yes, I have the clear gel on my lightbar too, I just like you, thought I was the only one. :(

But, I've not taken it apart yet to see where it is coming from, I wipe it away and it seems to reappear when I press the fire-bar.

Sorry I have nothing else at the minute but at least you know your not the only one with an oily lightstrip.
are you sure it's not replicator fluid? lmao

Reactions: opticruby

Tizmo

Jan 15, 2017
I contacted the site I got it from and they are swapping it for another. I also bought a nautilus x tank and I like it. Not huge clouds but that's not my priority anyways. The flavor could be a bit better so I may try the 1.8 ohm coils instead of the 1.5s. I've heard it makes a big difference.

Thanks for all the replies too!

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread