retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
A final decision hasn't been made regarding Tapatalk. It depends on whether we still have issues with Tapatalk ignoring certain requirements for specialized forums. As to whether the old login information will still work if it's activated without redoing everything, it remains to be seen (it's doubtful).

The new forum is responsive in design and you can use a standard browser on your mobile device to view the forum just fine as described here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/666330-xen-foro-tips-tricks.html#post15604990

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    ScratchHead-1.gif
    Think I'll go read my facebook news feeds now :lol:

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Will the banners with live stats migrate properly? Just curious because I'm coming up on my 3 mo anniversary and was thinking about making one, but I can wait until after the move. :)

Ummmmm. We forgot all about those? :lol:

If you're making one from another site, they should port over just fine as it's just a signature item. We'll have to look into the ECF generated ones and make sure they also carry over.

All banners (including ECF banners) should carry over just fine.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    For those of us with a banner in our sigs showing time we quit etc we should just copy the banner URL and save it, then when the new forum is up and running just paste the URL into the new profile right?

You can do that if you'd like, save it in a text file or something, as a precaution. But so far, signatures are importing ok. The only real concern at this time is the ECF generated banner (currently available from the Forum Actions link above).

tchavei

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    A final decision hasn't been made regarding Tapatalk. It depends on whether we still have issues with Tapatalk ignoring certain requirements for specialized forums. As to whether the old login information will still work if it's activated without redoing everything, it remains to be seen (it's doubtful).

The new forum is responsive in design and you can use a standard browser on your mobile device to view the forum just fine as described here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/666330-xen-foro-tips-tricks.html#post15604990

Tapatalk gives automatic notifications to the user on PMs and thread updates. A Web interface, as good as it might be, doesn't :(

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    Will there be any other changes other than the new software? i.e. Number of posts to do certain things, membership levels, forums/sub-forums, etc.?

It would be nice if new users could not start new threads (other than maybe one introduction thread) until a certain number of posts, because so many think that 5 new posts means 5 new threads. Besides, just about every thread new members start is already covered if they would just search.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    (don't forget to check the "Stay logged in" box!) and you're logged in!

Why does this need to be checked, will the system log you out if you're inactive for say 15 mins or so without it being checked? I always log out when I leave ECF, but I've noticed in the last month or so that at times when I know I logged out, close the browser, turn off puter, next day come back open ECF in browser it pulls up and already has me logged in. I don't like that. So if I check that box will it do that, or simply keep me from being logged off if inactive for a bit?

Perhaps this has been asked and or answered already- will subscribed threads transfer over or will we have to redo it once the new software launches?

Sure hope so, don't wanna have to go find em all again. Good question. Overall........i'm looking forward to many of these changes!!

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    P.S.: Will our current avatars migrate automatically over to Xen Foro, or should I do something now to ensure I can "find" my avi and install it after the changeover?? :blink:

Avatars will import just fine as you can see here. :)

CuvDY6v.png

will classifieds feedback score migrate over?

Yep!

Will there be any other changes other than the new software? i.e. Number of posts to do certain things, membership levels, forums/sub-forums, etc.?

It would be nice if new users could not start new threads (other than maybe one introduction thread) until a certain number of posts, because so many think that 5 new posts means 5 new threads. Besides, just about every thread new members start is already covered if they would just search.

The 5 post requirement will remain in effect.

Perhaps this has been asked and or answered already- will subscribed threads transfer over or will we have to redo it once the new software launches?

Good question! Yes, your watched (subscribed) threads will carry over.

Why does this need to be checked, will the system log you out if you're inactive for say 15 mins or so without it being checked? I always log out when I leave ECF, but I've noticed in the last month or so that at times when I know I logged out, close the browser, turn off puter, next day come back open ECF in browser it pulls up and already has me logged in. I don't like that. So if I check that box will it do that, or simply keep me from being logged off if inactive for a bit?

The "Stay logged in" box prevents the software from logging you out automatically after a set period of time. Ever type up a long response and go to submit it only to find you're not logged in? Checking the "Stay logged in" box prevents that from happening.

Reactions: oldbroad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread