Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Fully understand what "You're" saying here, however there are many of "Us" here that DO CARE ENOUGH and HELP OUT (and are even willing to continue to do so) who are not/no longer supporting members for personal reasons (including financial) . . . So being able to "purchase" a "Supporting Member Decal" doesn't necessarily say "You" actually care to participate Or help others on ECF . . . Just Sayin' . . . :blink:

Hence my note "(and have the where-with-all)"

Fully aware that not everyone can, and that there are also other reasons. And actually, if the advice is from a post count of 22K and no decal or a post count of 5 and a decal, I think I'll pay attention to the former :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Keep this up and we're going to load the postbit with so many titles there'll be no room for avatars.

Well then . . . Can "We" make request . . . ;)

If so, instead of "Double Guru", I would really like to get "My" - "That's Mr Fluff" back . . .
29ljmo5.gif

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Well then . . . Can "We" make request . . . ;)

If so, instead of "Double Guru", I would really like to get "My" - "That's Mr Fluff" back . . .
29ljmo5.gif

that'll be 24 bucks, uncle :D

all joking aside, this will be a tremendous undertaking and the crew deserves our support and well-wishes!

Reactions: Poeia

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yep. Plan on 24 hours of down time. We hope to have it all finished long before that, but we have to plan for the unexpected. We're definitely not going to say it's just for a few hours as the actual database import will take several hours to do.

Then we have to go through and make sure all the permissions are good before we turn things back on and turn you guys loose.

So.. When the announcement hits, expect the site to be completely down for 24 hours. We do hope to have it back before then, however.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
all joking aside, this will be a tremendous undertaking and the crew deserves our support and well-wishes!

OH - I KNOW ! ! ! It is going to be an undertaking of great magnatude to say the least. . . AND - That is why I have been posting a link to these threads to let people know that don't know yet . . . ;)

More Importantly -To be prefectly honest, given the forth right way in which this is being handled and done this time (especially given what's happened previously) I am on the same page as "You" are and WISHING THE ECF ADMINISTRATION & MODERATORS THE VERY BEST OF LUCK going foward in this endevor . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Believe me, I will be biting my nails waiting for the site to come back to life, just like everyone else.
It is so exciting yet scary! I can't wait till everything is up and running yet scared if something is not quite right. I know if something isn't working just right, it will get fixed. I will learn things that are different from what I've been doing them.

Hey! Think of it as an exercise in keeping the mind young ;) :D

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Having been involved with several huge software installation /update/conversions in the past, I have a good idea of the planning, testing, and hard work that goes into a project of this size. I know there will be glitches, goes with the territory, but with the communication already going on, I am sure it will go as smoothly as possible. I am trying to spread the word also to my subscribed threads so people can be aware and patient. Good luck to everyone on the team!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yep. Plan on 24 hours of down time. We hope to have it all finished long before that, but we have to plan for the unexpected. We're definitely not going to say it's just for a few hours as the actual database import will take several hours to do.

Then we have to go through and make sure all the permissions are good before we turn things back on and turn you guys loose.

So.. When the announcement hits, expect the site to be completely down for 24 hours. We do hope to have it back before then, however.

Noooooo, I don't know if I can stand 24 hours without ECF. :shock::shock::shock:

Just kidding, I might could spend time with the DW during ECF downtime. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread