XL carts for the M401????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsey2toes

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Racine, WI
Thanks for the inof. I just thought if I need to order carts I might as well try them. I wish I could find someone in the US that sells the m602 - without the 15.00 shipping and not needing a signature on delivery. I was interested in the M602 because they now have cartomizers which I think would be nice for changing flavors. Have you used both the M401 and M602?

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
M401 I'm using currently on a beginner's DIY project, and I'll need to reorder more of those attys or go with the M601 attys later for taste testing. The M601 atty is a fine product just for vaping, too. Flavor comes out well on either atty.

There are 2 other sources that I know of carrying M602 cartos which seem to be a possibly tweaked 808 construction:

Beyond Technologies Electronic Cigarettes

e cigarettes

I've ordered from the first and shipment and email reply to an inquiry was fast--no experience with the second though I may put in a trial order later. Both carry genuine Smoore products so you don't have to worry about clones.

Thanks for the inof. I just thought if I need to order carts I might as well try them. I wish I could find someone in the US that sells the m602 - without the 15.00 shipping and not needing a signature on delivery. I was interested in the M602 because they now have cartomizers which I think would be nice for changing flavors. Have you used both the M401 and M602?

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Ramsey, Shawn at Litecigusa has the XL carts and I think also the 601s. Free ship over $15, cheep shipping for smaller orders. He uses some bubble wrap thingies to ship in. Everything arrives perfectly.

I love the XL carts. Mine hold quite a bit more juice. Someone at the forum measured and said they hold 33% more if I remember right.

Bsop, first post of my PCC/XL cart mod. Just cut a bit more tha half of the rubber caps off and the XL carts will fit in the PCC just fine. A razor knife works. Be carefull though! You need to put a reg size cart over your atty to make it fit.

Bsop and Ramsey, a guy here called Highping has 2 threads about cutting off part of the polyfill. He says 1/3 but that is for a 510. For the XL carts 1/4 might work?
Joe

Last edited:

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
To make your atty fit in the PCC just use a reg 401 cart. Then when your ready to vape you can switch the addy to a XL cart that had the cut off rubber cap that allowed it to fit in the PCC.

I said things wrong above about the Highping cart mod! It said to try USING 1/3 to 1/4 of the filler but this discussion was about a 510 cart. I have tried both lenghts on the 401 XL carts and using 1/4 of the filler lets the cart hold more juice but is trickier to get the density just right. Using 1/3 is easier to make work. I have also tried using 1/4 w/ a straw mod combo and that works good also. If the filler is not dense enough it will fall down into the bucket but the straw keeps it from doing this. Get the plug just right and you don't need tha straw. But... that is easier said than done.

To cut the straw first use a small Qtip or stirrer straw and cut the bottom of the straw at an angle so it can breath. Now cut it to the lenght to fit below the filler. Kinda tricky but worth it when you get it just right. Lotsa juice and a great vape. :~)

Now I have my eye on one of those 601/2s w/ a XL cart.
Joe

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I've noticed that LiteCigUSA appears to be currently out of their XL cartridges (bummer) for the m400s, but it looks like Revolver brand e-cigs has them instead for their "Elite" model e-cig, which looks to be an m400 series model e-cig. The cartridges (both inside and out) sure look the same. Anyone here tried these? I would certainly like to get a little more vapor time out of my m402 cartridges. The XLs fit in a PCC carry case so that the lid can close all the way, but only in the spare cartridge carrier spots. That is fine by me, unless you cut the rubber cover cap down a bit (3mm) with a dremel tool (or whatever), in which case they should fit in even the fully assembled e-cig spot by the battery charger location in the carrier.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Ohh, they still had the brown ones last week. I sent someone there for them. There is a place in Texas that has them. I found them one w/ a google for m401 xl large carts. I am not sure if the Revolvers are the same or not. The ones litecig had are jst a bit longer and the inside bucket holds a bit more juice. 30% more I was told by someone who measured. The filler that comes in them wicks good also.

I will look around whan I can.
Joe

saralee

Moved On
Sep 18, 2010
Anton
It's great ! And I found this :Bulk&Promotion
Gee, everything seems so good.
I find it has a strange sweet chemical taste. Is this how it taste, I am using liquid nicotine that is suppose to taste like Marlboro. What am I doing wrong? Oh and I also soaked the cartridge in coke to get rid of the chemical taste, but it didn't work. Please help.

Mariana

Moved On
Sep 26, 2010
Hong Kong
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier spam

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah, there are several different things people use to carry their stuff. Normally I just keep my e-liquids at home, and just use a PCC to carry around and keep my batteries charged, as well as carry extra refilled cartridges. But there's no spot for e- juice or my paperclip I use to pop inner cartridges out. I see when looking this stuff up here at ECF that a lot of people like to use dart cases (yeah, for the game of darts, like you might play in a bar). This are fairly small, soft bodied, but also have litte spots in them for different individual items, like spare batteries, cartridges, juice, syringes, paperclips, etc. There are a couple of brands (available online as well as at your local dart store) that people here seem to prefer. Just do a search here and several recommendations will come up, with links to sellers with pictures, etc. Though commonly available in black, there are other colors as well, just depends on the brand, much like e- cigs.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I'm sorry, not familiar with the m600 series, though they seem very close in size to an m400 series. The m600 series has a cartomizer available which would turn it into a 2-piece model (kind of like a mini-KR808 model e-cigarette). Cartomizers (combined 1-piece atomizer/cartridge unit) typically hold more e-liquid, though I am not sure how much more by comparison in an otherwise same model size unit. Cartomizers are refillable, but can't be made to last as long as regular cartridges (eventually the "disposable" atomizer that is part of the cartridge gives out), so overall cost slightly higher. Might be worth it anyway. Some people just don't like the flavor of e-liquids used through a cartomizer as much as when used through a 3-piece unit (like an m400 series model e-cig), though I don't know why that should be. (Maybe they need to unit regularly?)

My limited experience with 2-piece cartomizer type e-cigs (KR808..., etc.) wasn't a very good experience, but that was using factory filled cartridges. I think refilling your cartridges with a good brand of e-liquid makes for a huge difference in the vaping experience, probably the most important single modification anyone can make. I haven't tried any blue foam or other such cartridge mods, but I certainly will look into those (boiling the foam first is apparently important to eliminate associated funny taste). I will also try Intellicig's EVO cartridges, which are said to have a higher internal e-liquid capacity, but are otherwise a standard m400 series model e-cig size cartridge. Anyone know if this is true? For the most part, I find the Intellicig brand m400 series model e-cig components (e-liquids kinda so, so) to be of good quality, though I did just have one of their atomizers go out on me. But this was after 2-3 months of continuous use, which isn't too bad without much maintenance. (Maybe cleaning it will bring it fully back to life?)

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I thought I would go ahead and quickly re-post on this subject, as I've checked into the m601/02 (3-piece) model, primarily looking at those available from electronic-ecigz.com. I'm actually so intrigued by this model e-cig that I think I may eventually get a starter kit with a PCC for it (yes, PCC now available for m601/02s), as I am that impressed with the reviews. It looks like the cartridge capacity should be somewhat more than an m401 catridge, plus electronic-ecigz supplies them with blank PTB refill cartridges already modded with the popular pyramid tea bag material mod (at least as popular, if not more, than blue foam type mods). That's pretty cool. For now, for my m402 (which I am happy to keep using and enjoying for now with its PCC) I ordered the electronic-ecigz.com m401 XL cartridge blanks prefilled with the PTB mod. I'm really looking forward to checking these (new to me) cartridges, especially with some Backwoods Brew (very highly rated) e-liquid flavors I have on order (also new to me). Hopefully I will be able to comment on both within a few days.

As always, thanks for all the helpful info.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
As regards the 5 Backwoods Brew e-liquid flavors I just received (took 3 days for basic delivery):

The BWB RY4 is strong, fairly smooth, though a bit buttery bitter, with a hint of harshness at the throat. Throat hit at 12mg might be a bit heavy for me. Definitely kind of sweet, but not much, and no real nutty flavor I can taste. Definitely has some smokey tobacco consistency. More sweet, not much, on inhale, but not on exhale. Good vapor production, about the best you can expect from a m402 e-cigarette, equal to Halo Freedom e-juice in that respect, though not as smooth, and Halo Freedom e-juice has that touch of vanilla thing going for it. Can't say I think it's great, as is just a bit too harsh and not flavorful enough, but might grow on me as has some subtlety to it. Fairly clean. but doesn't feel like it will be a daily constant vape for me, but it definitely is nicotine urge satisfying.

The 12mg nicotine level BWB Malty Toffee is definitely a bit sweet, and definitely has a malty toffy-like flavor too it, in a light buttery sort of way. Throat hit lighter than the RY4. It has a lot less tobacco-like heavy smokiness, though it still has some in a just less harsh form. It's fairly clean. Has that somewhat candy-like aspect to it, which I'm not sure I like or not. After vaping it for awhile, more of the malty flavor comes through, which has some chocolate-like nuttiness to it, which I like. Could be a decent daily constant vape because of its relative lightness and smoothness, and its touch of malty flavoring with flavor that isn't too sweet and candy-like. Fairly enjoyable, but not amazing. Vapor production good.

The BWB 555 in 12mg nicotine level is very smooth. Throat hit is subtle, maybe not really enough of it because it is so smooth and not harsh. It definitely has a nutty flavor aspect to it, but no tobacco smokiness like the other two flavors described so far. It has some sweetness as well. Decent aftertaste, but not a flavorful one. Almost tastes kind of like a light Malty Toffee, as the nuttiness is kind of like that flavor's malty flavor. I like the inhale and lack of bitter aftertaste. Could be a constant daily vape for sure. I don't think there is enough there to be truly satisfying, but it's hard to tell. It's almost kind of stale tasting, but not necessarily in a gone bad sort of way. It's okay, really not bad at all, has grown on me some, but otherwise has nothing particularly special about it if you're looking for distinctive flavor. Definitely subtle. As with other standard BWB flavors, vapor production good.

I have to go to work soon, so I'll have to post later on the last two BWB e-juice flavors I've got, which are eJoker in 6mg nicotine level and Applewood at the same nicotine level. Both are supposed to be quite interesting in that they are said to have good throat hit at very low nicotine levels (even at 0mg). Sorry I won't be able to post on them until this evening after work. These have all been good enough so far that I don't feel like any of them have been a waste of money. I'll be able to vape all of them until they run out, but I probably won't get some of them again. Not bad results so far at all. Almost wish I had some Halo Freedom e-liquid leftover that had not already been watered down with worse e-liquids I wanted to make use of somehow, for making a better comparison. Oh well, that'll teach me, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread