Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Chip says evolv dna40 on boot up.... Is it I don't know. I took bottom plate off but the screen is glued to bottom so for now I put it back together. It does have the same functions as evolv dna40

can you try pressing all 3 buttons at once for the nickel purity menu? not sure if it needs to be locked first or not?

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Thanks for all your help @mgmrick. I ordered this from 3F on 9/30/15

The easter egg:

Press the - button and hold it down. It will reach 1 and then display a quasi serial number of sorts.

Does it fire? Is the airflow restricted with your 22MM atty?

I have the authentic and wish I had this clone to help folks but I don't. When I do I will provide a side by side.

Reactions: DPLongo22

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
No air restriction using 22mm atty

Holding minus button takes it down to 1 watt but nothing after that

Thanks so much :)

Assuming you held the minus button down for a second or two after you reached 1 which I assume you did then the "chip" is NOT an authentic real deal made in Ohio Evolve DNA40. Period. It's a "copy" by someone else in China. This doesn't make it a bad deal. Rather, sheds light on the fact that at a $50 price point you can't really make a profit paying maybe $45 for the real deal authentic chip in large volume. It's what I always suspected. And also explained why the add copy never uses the word "Evolve".

If it continues to work and your happy (????) with it, it's a great deal. I could really care less who makes the chip since I plan to run this device in power mode only.

Reactions: DPLongo22

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Notice the blue one... does not quite line up. I think they can be taken apart and lined up better

Xvostick2.jpg

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Mgm you've done a lot for this thread but any chance you could do a dry burn test to see if functioning properly? I've already invested in 2 but for others.

I don't have time tonite (east coast...time for sleep). But I want to throw this out there. I have a blue and a black one. Blue one worked perfect out of the box. The black one just was not producing as well as the blue one. I switched out the battery, which is from a paired set I have been using in my ipv4 for 3 months. Now they both are working great. Both batteries were fully charged but for some reason it just was weak in my black xvostick.

Switched from efest 20amp batteries to 35 amp efest batteries....all good now

SLvapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
Houston
I don't have time tonite (east coast...time for sleep). But I want to throw this out there. I have a blue and a black one. Blue one worked perfect out of the box. The black one just was not producing as well as the blue one. I switched out the battery, which is from a paired set I have been using in my ipv4 for 3 months. Now they both are working great. Both batteries were fully charged but for some reason it just was weak in my black xvostick.

Switched from efest 20amp batteries to 35 amp efest batteries....all good now

Np man whenever you get a chance.. I have 10+ days until I can do the same :p

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DPL and I both have the authies, and have ordered these as well. We'll be happy to give some contrasts and comparisons once we have them both in hand.

I'm not entirely sure of the dates (order or delivery) but @DPLongo22 can and will post that info when his time permits. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPL and I both have the authies, and have ordered these as well. We'll be happy to give some contrasts and comparisons once we have them both in hand.

I'm not entirely sure of the dates (order or delivery) but @DPLongo22 can and will post that info when his time permits. :)

They were ordered a few days prior to the shutdown , but just missed shipping before the holiday. I expect they'll ship a day or two after the return.

Authentic is rolling nicely, and I can't wait to do a side by side comparison.

Kat, don't forget that they're shipping to you (not me). You'll get the first crack at 'em.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
On board usb charger works. Red when charging and turns green when charged and light stays green until you unplug it.

Screen is very bright. The 510 deck is adjustable with a small allan wrench. Also has atty ohms lock

Comes shipped in a non fancy black box... no instructions...just the mod no extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread