TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it a Kali thing? :laugh:

Not sure, maybe. :?: It is a running joke around my house that whenever I announce I'm heading out somebody shouts, in a Towelie accent, "don't forget your pants!" Sure enough, most the time I'm not wearing any. :D

don-t-forget-to-bring-a-towel.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Not sure, maybe. :?: It is a running joke around my house that whenever I announce I'm heading out somebody shouts, in a Towelie accent, "don't forget your pants!" Sure enough, most the time I'm not wearing any. :D

don-t-forget-to-bring-a-towel.jpg

I LOVE TOWLIE!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Decided to take a chance. Wish I had purchased the 18650 version, but overall it works very well and I'm getting roughly two days from a single battery. View attachment 545317

It looks GREAT! Is it not comfortable to pocket-carry?

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
It looks GREAT! Is it not comfortable to pocket-carry?

It is definitely comfortable in the pocket, but I've run into a few issues. I chose the Orbtronic 5200mAH batteries, not taking length into consideration (67.4 mm). Unfortunately the battery cap only threads about 1/3 of the way before it starts to dent the positive end of the batteries, leaving the other 2/3rds exposed above the body of the mod.

The 18650 adapter is too short to use without an annoying "thunk". The adapter tube is about 15mm shorter than the battery compartment, resulting a "thunk" every time you move the device as the adapter slides from one end of the compartment to the other.

I will never understand why manufacturers mislabel batteries. If the battery is longer than 65mm it is by definition NOT a 26650 and they should not sell it as such.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm sorry to hear that, V.

I believe that, technically, as long as it's between 65 and 66m, it's a 650. If it's longer than 66 though, it should be re-labeled. Orb has been very good, for the most part, and at least they list the dimensions.

In this case, they are definitely oversized, and the 26650 is a misnomer (which STINKS!).
Dimensions: 26.4mm x 67.4mm

I agree - proper labeling is essential, and we should be able to expect that. Do you have options for better sized ones?

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I'm sorry to hear that, V.

I believe that, technically, as long as it's between 65 and 66m, it's a 650. If it's longer than 66 though, it should be re-labeled. Orb has been very good, for the most part, and at least they list the dimensions.

In this case, they are definitely oversized, and the 26650 is a misnomer (which STINKS!).
Dimensions: 26.4mm x 67.4mm- prlabeling is essential, and we should be able to expect that. Do you have options for better sized ones?
The length is clearly stated on the site, and was definitely an oversight on my part. I haven't identified any potential replacements yet. My best guess is 64-65mm to fit the Pro Xvo properly.

That said, I am thoroughly enjoying the device, and it performs as expected.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Unfortunately the battery cap only threads about 1/3 of the way before it starts to dent the positive end of the batteries, leaving the other 2/3rds exposed above the body of the mod.

Those are good recommendations for you V43LMNOP (from DPLongo), and I do hope you can sort out the batt lengths.

One thing that's not been mentioned, and a huge credit to MINI, is the fact that the device will still function perfectly, even with mis-sized batts. I've used some in the original XVO that caused the batt cap to extend a bit too far (for my liking) above the top of the mod, but it works, nevertheless.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Those are good recommendations for you V43LMNOP (from DPLongo), and I do hope you can sort out the batt lengths.

One thing that's not been mentioned, and a huge credit to MINI, is the fact that the device will still function perfectly, even with mis-sized batts. I've used some in the original XVO that caused the batt cap to extend a bit too far (for my liking) above the top of the mod, but it works, nevertheless.

Excellent point, Kat - thanks (and thanks, MINI too).

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Absolutely, it's an awesome device and it has replaced my SX flask as a daily carry!
I must admit that made me laugh. :thumb: I have ordered some of the Basen Black 4500 batteries from li-ion wholesale to give them a shot, since they have the length listed as 64.4mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread