XvoStick users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Using that logic, we're still about a week from shipping (ordered on 27th). Thanks, @NotSoMini - that's more information than we've had to date.

I did keep on top of Mini and perhaps that is why my Evo shipped quicker than most — otherwise it may have taken longer. It wouldn't hurt to send an email for an update on when you and Kat will be getting your Evo's.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Or they just don't use a first ordered, first served setup. I ordered a xvostick on 9/13 and still don't have a tracking number.

OH NO! :(

Evos are probably autocorrect's version of Xvos.

According to my autocorrect Reo is Gel :D And vaper is hater.

You ought to see what my phone did with "hysterical"..... Let's just say it can't have babies anymore.

(Evos are cool tho. They're the evolved, power laden peeps on Heroes Reborn.)

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
Well, after a grueling 48 hour wait, the xvostick is here :)

Initial thoughts:

• Tiny and extremely comfortable to hold.
  • Buttons are not at all sticky, take a very light touch ( I assume they're just actuators to the dna 40s onboard buttons.)
  • I grip the mod and squeeze very gently and my middle finger pushes the fire button. No issues with the button placement comfort.
  • The plus and minus buttons are wired in the opposite way of what I expected. If you want to look at the screen while adjusting, up and down are reversed; but I suppose it makes sense if you're holding it straight in front of you without looking at the screen and thinking "left is down, up is right".
  • The machining marks pointed out by most of the video reviews on the battery cap are definitely there. You'd think Mini would have started polishing these out after seeing it as the only negative in multiple reviews, especially as they are doing short production runs.
  • Vapinart listed it as "limited edition"- which I assumed was just their way of adding a little premium to a stainless steel button model. But you'll notice it actually has "limited edition" printed on it. After inspecting other people's pictures I see zero differences between this one and the regular edition, which is available with SS buttons. Anyone have an idea what's different about it?
  • See picture for comparison to my SX Mini, with very similar sized atomizers installed. The Xvostick with Goliath v2 is the same height as the SX Mini with no atomizer at all!
  • Also notice how much damage the SX Mini finish has taken in 10 months or so of daily use. I don't believe in cases or babying of cell phones, mods, or anything else- so we'll see if the Xvostick's advertised hard finish actually holds up.

xvoatom.jpg

Last edited:

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
one more thing I forgot- it came with a pleasant surprise. My Goliath v2 whistles when the airflow is set below halfway. But in the xvostick, it doesn't whistle at all- the 'wrap around' of the case changes the air flow and prevents the whistle which is a nice bonus.

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
Glad you are liking it. The limited edition version has aluminum showing in the cutout for the atty while the standard is all black. About the only difference i can tell.

By the way, wish i had not seen your post. I have a standard coming from mini, but i wanted the limited edition. They were out at the time. Couldn't help myself and bought this too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
BTW DP, canceled my clone order. Two authentics seems enough! Cant wait!

I still want my clones, mainly to compare the two, then likely sell them back off. The curiosity has grabbed me.

But I do understand your sentiment.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I hear ya. Good knock-abouts. The anodize then paint got me. Seems like the paint would chip. Entirely possible their answer was a translation issue, though.

Well, truth be told, I'd have NEVER ordered them if my (still ongoing )issues with our initials ones weren't in play.

In fact, I emailed them this morning. I expect to be posting that email sometime on Monday, unless they surprise me with a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread