Not open for further replies.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Taggy taggy @DPLongo22 and @Katdarling :D

In regards to the previous mention of the XvoStick button possibly being comparable to a Provari... I fished out my Mini, and it's a no.
The Xvo's button only needs a very light press compared to the 'Vari; and if I was to say the Provari had a 3mm throw/depth when pressing fire, the XvoStick only needs less that 1mm.

Really need some other Xvo owners to weigh in with their thoughts on the fire button, b'coz in this instance my obvious bias due to what I'm used to on mods really does show through, and may be misleading. I'm of the mind that anyone who does like a "softer" touch on their mod buttons might enjoy this.

Still... after a day of constant usage I don't even think about which finger is pressing fire (middle finger seems to have become my sole method), and it's quite comfortable.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
For those who have them, does the screen being on the bottom irritate at all? I've loved my microstick for a long time and want one of these but can't decide if the screen placement will spoil it for me

For me, not really.
For starters I've had months of using an rDNA40 which has the screen at the bottom as well.
Once you're used to it all it takes really is a tilt of the wrist to see the screen.
Funnily enough with side mounted DNA screens I have the screen right-hand orientated, when on the bottom I flip the screen to left-handed. lol

Oh and just an FYI: It's slightly recessed in the frame and has a clear plastic shield over it the glass, so scratches/marks shouldn't be much of an issue either.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, V.

She and I will speak, as I agreed to last night, but my instinct is strongly telling me to just go for it. I have zero doubts that I will love the thing, and I'm pretty sure she will too. Besides, what's the worst case? We sell one of them?

Something tells me we'd be able to, in the unlikely event we even decided to.

You're correct - it couldn't hurt to get more opinions. I just don't think we need them. Especially not with your VERY comprehensive review (which is also VERY much appreciated).

And they even take PayPal. How can you top that? :D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@vakaion, your detail and opinions are very much appreciated here! And by all means be excessive! The more info for everyone, the better, so thank you again.

Taggy taggy @DPLongo22 and @Katdarling :D

In regards to the previous mention of the XvoStick button possibly being comparable to a Provari... I fished out my Mini, and it's a no.
The Xvo's button only needs a very light press compared to the 'Vari; and if I was to say the Provari had a 3mm throw/depth when pressing fire, the XvoStick only needs less that 1mm.

Really need some other Xvo owners to weigh in with their thoughts on the fire button, b'coz in this instance my obvious bias due to what I'm used to on mods really does show through, and may be misleading. I'm of the mind that anyone who does like a "softer" touch on their mod buttons might enjoy this.

Still... after a day of constant usage I don't even think about which finger is pressing fire (middle finger seems to have become my sole method), and it's quite comfortable.

I'm beginning to think that the concern over the button might be unfounded. It seems to me that within a very short period of time it would also become second nature to me. I've used some pretty uncomfy buttons on mods over my vape life, and even those got some play because I liked everything else about the mod (Fistpack/Vaporluxe comes to mind). (The Reo button was also one I could not stand, and the VMOD button wasn't far behind the Reo.)

The fact that the Eggs Stick has such a soft throw will be in its favor, I'm sure. You've definitely reduced my level of concern about it, as as DPL said, she (me) will most surely love it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@vakaion, your detail and opinions are very much appreciated here! And by all means be excessive! The more info for everyone, the better, so thank you again.

I'm beginning to think that the concern over the button might be unfounded. It seems to me that within a very short period of time it would also become second nature to me. I've used some pretty uncomfy buttons on mods over my vape life, and even those got some play because I liked everything else about the mod (Fistpack/Vaporluxe comes to mind). (The Reo button was also one I could not stand, and the VMOD button wasn't far behind the Reo.)

The fact that the Eggs Stick has such a soft throw will be in its favor, I'm sure. You've definitely reduced my level of concern about it, as as DPL said, she (me) will most surely love it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:rickroll: :D :rickroll:

We be dancin', DPL!!

Welp, vaka, I have all those same concerns..... minus the shoelaces. ;)

Put those dancin' shoes on, sweetie (no laces!). Order [HASHTAG]#4825[/HASHTAG] is now officially in the books.

Thanks @vakaion , and thanks everyone else who contributed (you too, @Pinggolfer ).

Whaddya say, Kat? 9 weeks? Why don't we just call it 9½ Weeks, to be safe. ;)

Got fruit?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPL....... super HUGE congrats to us on US Day (America Day). Best news of the day!!!!!!! Yaay order [HASHTAG]#4825[/HASHTAG]!!! Bring on the Egg Sticks!!!!!!!

And thank you for taking care of that. :wub:

Thank you, KatDARLING. And thanks for bearing with me all these months as I salivated. Looking forward to trying them out, whenever they get here. I'll do my best to forget about them - for now.:blush:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
So so true. I'm sure we'll find something to talk about, giggle about, in between now and those.......

9 and 1/2 weeks........... :confused:

And DPL, your salivation is right up there with the best of 'em. Drool on, baybee! I know I am!!!

vaka, will ya stay with us and be our pom pom guy? :D

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread