Yay!! The New BVC coils are GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBeast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Still loving these coils but is anyone else getting a mist of joose occasionally when vaping?

Sometimes it does feel like the vape sorta has condensation effect leaving my mouth alittle wet with juice..not unpleasant but kinda weird...so yeah if thats what you mean then yeah sometimes.I really want to see how these do on higher wattage/voltage device than the one I'm using now.What kind of device are you running it on and voltage/wattage are you running it at?

AStilettoHeel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
San Diego, California, United States
Sometimes it does feel like the vape sorta has condensation effect leaving my mouth alittle wet with juice..not unpleasant but kinda weird...so yeah if thats what you mean then yeah sometimes.I really want to see how these do on higher wattage/voltage device than the one I'm using now.What kind of device are you running it on and voltage/wattage are you running it at?

Just running it on an MVP2, between 8.5 and 9.5 watts. And yes, that's exactly what I'm getting as well. It's not bad, just a little odd.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I am LOVING these BVCs!! Got ripped off by a vendor -- Vapor Co -- "authentic" Nautilus' were all fake! Promised a refund, got nothing & shop is closed. Anyway, 4 tanks collecting dust until I threw the BVCs in them & WOW! Don't feel as ripped off now. In many ways, the coil IS the tank & even in these clones, these coils rock!!

Watched the video in describing the build & there is a ton if wicking material preventing dry hits! Been trying to vape through one flavor to the next, cleaned the tank but put the wet coil back in & I keep hitting the old flavor. These coils hold a ton of juice. Very very happy, a disgruntled customer now happy with clones that now kick some serious vapor & real clean flavor. As bad as I am at building kayfuns, will stick with these for a while :)

May not seem possible, but right now, many of my juices taste better in this tank than my RDAs, more subtle nuances of flavor. Great job Aspire!!!

Funny you should mention this because I have access to genuine Aspire products. I've never really been sufficiently impressed with any hardware enough to even consider carrying a clearo and spare heads, but, I had the opportunity to try the BVC heads and my initial reaction was "Hrmmm, that tastes as good or better than a Kayfun... not bad?" I might actually look into it when I have the time... I really want to wait for more feedback though, the industry moves fast and is extremely fickle about hardware.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just running it on an MVP2, between 8.5 and 9.5 watts. And yes, that's exactly what I'm getting as well. It's not bad, just a little odd.
So far, I'm not getting that, but I'm using it at 8 - had to go up from 7.5 to get the taste right.
I'll be changing the coil tomorrow, so hopefully, they'll all be OK :)

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
Just taking my first BVC coil for its first spin (in a full size Nautilus). The flavor is very good but the draw is considerably tighter. With the old coils, I'd alternate between the middle two holes, with this coil I'm on the largest and finding I want more air. Maybe its just this one head or maybe its the tank head combo. We'll see.

Also, I can't imagine vaping these under 10 watts. I'm currently at 12.5 and have gone as high as 17.5 without a dry/off hit. To me, under 10 the flavor takes a big hit.

Mikeo

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Central Illinois
Received the heads this morning and installed in a full size Nautilus tank filled with Wakonda. Remember this is all very preliminary, but this turned the

Nautilus into the tank I felt it should always have been. Flavor and vapor production are noticeably increased from the original coils. Air flow seems to be

more restricted though, which is fine with me, I like a tighter draw. With the original coils I was using the smallest, or next to smallest air flow setting, now I

have it set to the next to largest hole. I'm using a regulated mod that won't go over 15 watts, but at that setting I'm not getting any dry hits. Sweet spot for

me seems to be in the 9 to 10 watt range...

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Received the heads this morning and installed in a full size Nautilus tank filled with Wakonda. Remember this is all very preliminary, but this turned the

Nautilus into the tank I felt it should always have been. Flavor and vapor production are noticeably increased from the original coils. Air flow seems to be

more restricted though, which is fine with me, I like a tighter draw. With the original coils I was using the smallest, or next to smallest air flow setting, now I

have it set to the next to largest hole. I'm using a regulated mod that won't go over 15 watts, but at that setting I'm not getting any dry hits. Sweet spot for

me seems to be in the 9 to 10 watt range...

Last edited by Mikeo; Today at 05:44 PM. Reason: what the hell did I do with the spacing

I don't know but I was trying to read it like a poem!! :lol:

EvilBeast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Quick heads up on the BVC coils, I have been using the same head for about 1 week now and I've been noticing the draw getting tighter than when I first started using it.So took out of my tank and thought maybe since there is now a metal "screen" in the coil head maybe burnt gunk was building up blocking it all up.Using tissue and Q-tips I started cleaning and wiping the screen...and whoa was it ever built up.It took about 5 or so mins until there was no more black gunk on it.I put i back in and the air flow was back to normal.

There was no burnt taste or difference in taste so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get alot of use out of this coil.I just wanted to post this so if anyone thinks it might be time to change a coil that it just might need a bit of wiping and cleaning instead.To me a tiny bit of upkeep is worth it because even after a week I'm still getting double the flavor I was getting with old coils.But I'm getting the feeling that these coils would really shine in higher watt/colt setup than what I have.But thats just my opinion.Hope this helps!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Quick heads up on the BVC coils, I have been using the same head for about 1 week now and I've been noticing the draw getting tighter than when I first started using it.So took out of my tank and thought maybe since there is now a metal "screen" in the coil head maybe burnt gunk was building up blocking it all up.Using tissue and Q-tips I started cleaning and wiping the screen...and whoa was it ever built up.It took about 5 or so mins until there was no more black gunk on it.I put i back in and the air flow was back to normal.
I've noticed the draw get tighter as the days go by too!
I'm thinking the screen is down the chimney, ...and the Q-tip is used dry ..and put down the 'chimney' then used to wipe away the gunk? .......Aha! now read on.......

I left the above as I wrote it a short while ago - was just about to say that I've just cleaned a coil by rinsing it & soaking in mild soapy warm water for a couple of hours, then soaking it in vodka overnight and then rinsing thoroughly in clean warm running water. I set it down in a stand a few hours ago to dry out properly for when I want to change my current coil.
So, I got a Q-tip ..couldn't even see anything down the chimney, but oh my word! Looked like black oil or soot on the end of it after a swirl around! After a few more swirls I can actually see that silver toned mesh clearly!
I'm really surprised that all that running warm water, soaking and vodka didn't move it! I could actually see through the side holes that the lining material was white again too.

Now I've tried doing that with the one I'm using! I have found that the gunk came off the rinsed & soaked one easier, and left it totally bright metal. The one I'm using hasn't come quite as clean so easily, but the draw is improved and the liquid tastes much better.
So yes, this is good to prolong the life of the coil, but also very good for extra cleaning after soaking!

Thanks for passing that on :)
Remains to be seen how the 'washed' one performs ...perhaps in a day or two I'll find out.

RobNY

Oct 13, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I've tried up to 5.2 v and it handled it like a champ. I just didn't leave it there too long because I don't like the vape that hot, so I didn't notice if it still mists at that voltage. It doesn't happen all the time...just occasionally. We'll see...it's still better than my aerotank as it doesn't shoot hot liquid into my mouth; not yet anyway.

Last edited:

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
Well according to Aspire's "Scratch and Check" my BVC coils are fakes. Bought them from ebay. I have to go look up the seller.

Where is the best price (shipped) from a reputable source?

EDIT: Also these are 1.6 ohm heads.

EDIT again: If I decide to get any more, it looks like 101 is the way to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread