Yay!! The New BVC coils are GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaqt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Never had a prpblem with 101vape. Everything I've gotten from them has arrived promptly and checked out as authentic. Haven't had occasion to need customer service.
I called 101 Vape and told them of the problems I was having with the coils. They said that they do not refund on coils. I had a long conversation with them about the problems I was having. They wanted me to take a picture inside the cylinder of the filling. I tried to do this with my digital camera and my iPhone. I could not get a clear picture of the coil and what I wanted to show them. They then told me that they would then evaluate the problem. I tried to call them back and they would not answer my calls. I then tried to email them and got no response. I have been vaping for 4 yrs. I have a little bit of knowledge when it comes to coiling issues. These were clearly a bad bunch of coils. They were pretty arrogant. They even blocked my account... How rude!

fraychek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
I called 101 Vape and told them of the problems I was having with the coils. They said that they do not refund on coils. I had a long conversation with them about the problems I was having. They wanted me to take a picture inside the cylinder of the filling. I tried to do this with my digital camera and my iPhone. I could not get a clear picture of the coil and what I wanted to show them. They then told me that they would then evaluate the problem. I tried to call them back and they would not answer my calls. I then tried to email them and got no response. I have been vaping for 4 yrs. I have a little bit of knowledge when it comes to coiling issues. These were clearly a bad bunch of coils. They were pretty arrogant. They even blocked my account... How rude!
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying that I, personally, haven't had any problems with them. That's pretty alarming treatment that you got. Can you tell us how you knew the coils were bad? I wouldn't have any idea what to look for.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I have been holding off on buying the much acclaimed nautilus mini, but when Fast tech listed a clone for under $10 I decided to give it a try. Kind of odd to pay more for one sleeve of coils (BVC) than the tank! I bought it just to see what all the fuss about the BVC coils is. Less than a month ago I threw out my two original BDC Nautus', of course I throwing them away now I regret that but those BDC coils were just terrible, so I buying these BVC coils with caution. But less than $10 got me back in Apsire's game.

I have never had a problem with the dozen Aerotanks clones I bought from fastech so I am less concerned This nautilus mini's coils are going to have to be really good 'cause I have a bout 50 aerotank coils (fast tech knock off;s.) I'm sort of banking on fast tech coming out with a coil, they sell a clone of the tank hopefullly $1 a piece knock-off BVC coils are right around the corner.

fraychek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
OK, 24 hours in, good news and bad news. Bad news, not getting better flavor (PBC) than from my mini PT2. Good, but not better. I've got the wattage up as far as my throat can take it, 9 vs 7.5 in the PT2. The good news, not getting better flavor than from my PT2 so I don't need to spend any more $$ for "better" tanks/coils. Will try it with Wakonda when this tank is empty. Wakonda doesn't irritate my throat as much as the bakery flavors so I can probably turn up the heat.
20140814_18451_edit_1408056676958.jpg

eUsername

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
'Merica
Has anyone checked out Beyond vapes "Silo" its a tank they just came out with that uses the Aspire BDC and BVC coils and sports a different style look. I honestly like the way my nautilus looks compared to it,I have no clue why all the new tanks/Clearomizers that come out now have to look Kayfun-ish...Nothing wrong with the way the kayfun looks but I like variety and not have my stuff all the look the same...But then again that's just me and there's nothing at all wrong with more options!

I have been looking for info on the Silo... I emailed them and asked if the Silo Lite works with the BVCs. The Silo coils look very similar to the BVCs.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Seriously something has to give on the price of the coils, if I can buy an identical clone of the Nautilus Mini from fast tech for $7 less than a sleeve of coils its just a matter of time before someone makes a good clone of the BVC's.

I've been using Fast Tech's aero/protank dual coil clone for months without issue.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey all, just to chime in here, I've been living the Mini/BVC dream...but there have been issues.

Someone else mentioned some bad coils- I've been getting all of mine from Desert Vapes DesertVapes Electronic Cigarettes and Supply (no affiliation with them, but saw someone mention them on here in another thread.)

I really like them so far for Mini supplies. Fast shipping and really low prices. They sell the Mini for 25 bucks ish, and the coils for about 11 bucks for a 5 pack. I shopped around a lot and it seems like the cheapest around. So I've bought 4 Mini's from them (2 for me, and 2 for my friend) and all seem great. I'm on my 3rd 5 pack of coils and it does appear that one of the packs may have been faulty. But I did the scratch and verify, as someone else did, and they're all legit, so I don't think it's the vendor.

I'm actually researching some problems that have come up on another thread, that my friend's is also having. Bad coils sound like they may be the constant, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Also, I may start a thread about cleaning- you guys have some great insight here, but I still can't seem to get the taste of old flavors out. And since someone else mentioned it; washing my BVC coils seems to turn them south. But I very well may be doing something wrong. I'm finding it easier to just stick with one flavor-tank to be safe until I master it.

Anyway, a lot of random thoughts, but I just had to say them out loud. In the meantime, at 2 bucks a coil, I'm not too bent out of shape about it. But the honeymoon phase of perfection might be ending. But I still love my Mini/BVC wife so far. Just an fyi.

Any other coil problems to report?

Last edited:

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
That's still about 7 times more than a kanger coil? But I still hope fast tech comes up with a good clone, if they have a supplier that can duplicate the tank and sell it for $10. Surely there is a means to have a lob analyze what the wicking material is (gc/ms). I mean obviuosly there are a lot of $'s to be made duplicating these coils and competition is good for both choices in brining the price to a sane level.

imaqt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Interesting how china is making clones of everything. They are masters of making everything look exactly the same and that would include a lot of the mods out there and BVC coils! They are forcing the online stores that sell the real deal to either lower their prices or go out of business. If you find a reputable store I say "don't fix it if it ain't broke" I bought 2 pkgs of bogus coils. Even though the security code checked out that doesn't mean they are real. The companies overseas just copy the same codes over and over.
I think it's not a bad idea to order from Fast Tech just to try them out! Just wait the prices of these coils are gonna drop rapidly...it's a real problem!

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
The most nefarious thing is the companies themselves are cloning their own work! No better way to get rid of substandard components than to smash them together and sell them at a discount because they KNOW 1 in 5 will work but the rest are garbage. Buying "authentic" anything from anywhere is iffy IMO...

EvilBeast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
At the Aspire site it tells you if the code has better entered more than once. I'm not that upset at the price of the coils I mean for me I'm getting twice the use of older BDC coils I was using and they give better flavor to me for the same price.I mean yeah they're going to some duds but that comes with mass producing and I've yet to get a pack of coils that every single one was a dud.I've had coils that didn't last as long but never one that was D.O.A but maybe I'm just lucky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread