Yellow Cake Batter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
since I have yet to dabble in DIY would anyone be interested in making me a bottle of this at double flavor with a bit of sweetener like Janet said she made? I would love some 80%pg at 24mg. I would pay of course. please PM me if this sounds good to you

Just order some from Kick Bass Vapor: KickBassVapor E-Liquid
"Gooey Better Cake" (you won't need any extra sweetner) Their store is temporarily closed. They are a small company - a husband and wife team are the only two who do the mixing and from time to time they close the store so orders don't get really backed up. I think they are planning to open again soon (around noon). I have no affiliation with them - just a very satisfied customer. I have never mixed and sold any juices and I don't think I'd be too good at it because I am terrible about getting things prepared for mailing or going to the post office. Maybe one day I might consider it as more and more people I personally know are changing from smoking to vaping, but I really don't want to mix for people, where I'd need to make online payment and shipping arrangements. KBV uses only the best ingredients and have disclosed where they get their PG and VG. (When it's the good stuff, sweetener is usually not needed from my personal experience - and I do like my juice sweet.) I think they might use some sweetener from time to time, but I can't taste anything artificial. "Gooey Better Cake" is one of their new flavors that I think is on their site now. I recently got a test sample with my last order and it was really good. It tasted like my yellow cake batter, but if I would have been patient and let it sit for awhile, I'm sure it would have been even better. I request mine to be mixed at 80/20 PG/VG ratio. Their default ratios are 40/60 and 30/70 PG/VG, but if you type a note in the box before you check out for it to be mixed at a different ratio, they will do it at no extra charge. As a company, they have a lot of integrity. Recently they received ECF forum supplier status.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
This is for all the people [like me] who like to lick the cake batter off the beaters. Tastes just like Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Golden batter, in a nice 3ml batch so as not to waste anything.

60 drops Unflavored e-liquid in desired strength
5 drops Cappela's Vanilla Custard
3 drops Cappela's Caramel
Played around with this one and came up with this. Didn't change the original recipe all that much.
9 drops Vanilla Custard
6 drops Caramel
2 drops FW Peach
2 drops FW Yellow Cake

Tastes like a peach pound cake to me

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
This is for all the people [like me] who like to lick the cake batter off the beaters. Tastes just like Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Golden batter, in a nice 3ml batch so as not to waste anything.

60 drops Unflavored e-liquid in desired strength
5 drops Cappela's Vanilla Custard
3 drops Cappela's Caramel

Im trying to figure out what this means but getting really confused . Does anyone know the actual percentages .The only way i can get this to work out by drops is making it 23 drops per ml which is not right for a capella bottle .

Heres what im getting for that to work
ghfgd.jpg

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Im trying to figure out what this means but getting really confused . Does anyone know the actual percentages .The only way i can get this to work out by drops is making it 23 drops per ml which is not right for a capella bottle .

Heres what im getting for that to work
ghfgd.jpg
I have mine set to 55 drops/ml. It's set this way because I use a smaller dropper for my TPA bottles. Probably a bad decision on my part, but I never change it when I use Capellas.

I also use Dan's Calculator. At 5% flavoring, 5 parts VC and 3 parts Caramel = 5 drops and 3 drops.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Are you guys using sweetener with this recipe . I dont really taste much . I know partly because i havent let it steep much but theres like no taste right now . It may be also because i have the recipe total flavor at 12% but according to my math this is what the Ops recipe is in percentage . I tried adding a couple drops of EM and its still pretty weak .

I always get confused going by drops instead of a real number .

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Are you guys using sweetener with this recipe . I dont really taste much . I know partly because i havent let it steep much but theres like no taste right now . It may be also because i have the recipe total flavor at 12% but according to my math this is what the Ops recipe is in percentage . I tried adding a couple drops of EM and its still pretty weak .

Are you using the original recipe? Although I tasted flavor, it didn't taste much like cake batter to me. I got both the caramel and vc, but didn't taste like cake batter. I didn't add any sweetener. Tasted plenty sweet to me without it. I also used 10% flavoring.

AfterFX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2011
Mandeville, Louisiana
Played around with this one and came up with this. Didn't change the original recipe all that much.
9 drops Vanilla Custard
6 drops Caramel
2 drops FW Peach
2 drops FW Yellow Cake

Tastes like a peach pound cake to me

This is good. I had some peach that I didn't like by itself, but adding it to this is great. Thanks

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md

I did 2.5 times the percentages for flavor but the same ratios and it's really good. Made it with out nic just to try. Good enough to make with the nic next time. Yummy

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
So you mean 17.5% Van Custard and 10% Caramel ?
Yep. I like my flavors on the strong side though so even at 2X it's probably good. Just my opinion but I'm someone who ALWAYS orders juices with extra Flavor and sometimes even double at vendors that allow it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread