Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
You have cut 20 cigs per day out of your life in one months time...that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Way to Go!!

Indeed it is Dreaswi :toast: although I'll keep trying I'm ok with cutting down 2 1/2 ppd to 1/2 pack. I never thought I'd get even that far before I found vaping. Stop counting the ones you smoke and count the ones you don't :) your doing great :)

I've recently found Swedish Snus - very different than us stuff. It's sold in convenience stores here brand name is general. I'd be happy to send you a can if you want to try it. I've found that when I'm at work on a job I get no cravings at all while I'm using it. Takes a bit to get used to - its kind of strong - but it really does seem to help.
Keep trying and know your not alone we're behind you all the way :)

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Although I have found that I am a chain vaper, am I doing something wrong? I am still trying different nic levels to get to a point that works best.

I chain vape, I only put it down because the atty needs to cool off. well, I don't vape when showering, sleeping, eating or working around the house, but otherwise...........

justagirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Colorado
So glad to have found this thread. I am on 4 cigs per day... USUALLY. Yesterday I smoked 8 real cigs (bad day). I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this. I have set an actual quit date but, for now I am happy that I have gone from 25 cigs per day to an average 4. Being around smokers... well, I usually cave. Still haven't given up the morning cig. Stress at work... well that's how I ended up smoking so much yesterday. I will definitely follow this thread. jag

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
So glad to have found this thread. I am on 4 cigs per day... USUALLY. Yesterday I smoked 8 real cigs (bad day). I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this. I have set an actual quit date but, for now I am happy that I have gone from 25 cigs per day to an average 4. Being around smokers... well, I usually cave. Still haven't given up the morning cig. Stress at work... well that's how I ended up smoking so much yesterday. I will definitely follow this thread. jag

For many of us the day comes when you will not be able to tolerate the taste of cigarettes and you'll throw it away as you gag. I believe the more stress you put on yourself to quit completely the worse it is. Go with the flow and enjoy the many flavored ejuices you find. There is really no comparison for taste between cigarettes and ecigs once you find a few flavors you like. For me there is no such thing as an all day vape, I have several flavors I enjoy throughout the day.

wabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Northern California
I'm glad this thread was created. Roaming around on these forums, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who couldn't instantly quit and make the switch. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Having tried every system, method, and prescription known to man and doctors with no success, my doctor mentioned vaping to me. I did some research here, so I was able to avoid the kiosk junk. I bought a Riva and some juice. I knew that this was going to do the trick. Then, along the way, I learned that I am a serial procrastinator and maker of excuses. I set out on juice quest, thinking each new one would be "the one". For each new excuse I made up, there seemed to be a mod or system that might "fix it". I disovered vv and tanks and many many other things to buy and try. All were improvements, but I was still smoking.

I have managed to cut back significantly, but that last half a pad is still there.

crshsnwmn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
N.E. Indiana
Ran into the trifecta today - very stressful day at work, ran out of aroma p38, and the coil in my evod with 36 mg juice crapped out. I was left with an assortment of somewhat weak (12 - 24 mg) juices which, while everyone tells me they smell great, I can't taste and can rarely smell.
I had made it 11 1/2 days without cigs, have been vaping for a little over a month - mostly while continuing to smoke less than a quarter of my usual pad.
Broke down and bummed a cig - didn't taste bad, didn't smell bad and the truth is I have missed them - vaping just isn't the same.
Not giving up on vaping yet, but think I'm going back to doing both for a while.

jessermay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
York, PA
I am on 24 hours now without a cigarette, this is the longest I have gone since I have started vaping a month ago. I honestly just ran out of stinky's and didn't have time to stop this morning for a new pack. I have had a hard time giving up that 1-2 on my drive to work in the morning. So I just went with my higher mg nic juice this morning a surprisingly I was okay, and I have been okay throughout the day today. Now I know the day is far from over but I am taking this small victory of 24 hours and gonna be proud of myself. I still have a long way to go but I figure celebrate the small steps will help me get to the bigger steps. Good Luck to all of you out there stay strong and keep vaping! :toast:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I picked up some of the Aroma unflavored WTA DIY liquid a while back, 18 mg/ml. I'm a pure vaper, just nic does the job for me, but the WTA does have an interesting effect.

Anyhow, this stuff you either mix into eliquid at about 25%, else try dripping on an atty, about 3 drops, then a couple of deep puffs.

I have two 1.5ml samples of this, if anyone who still smokes a bit would like to try it at a craving point, to see if it helps. It does contain some PG, so if you're a 0PG person it isn't for you.

Lox nailed it on his first post -- count the ones you don't smoke :)

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I got a physical yesterday from a nurse I hadn't encountered before and fessed up to my now meager 4-a-day smoking habit, mentioning e-cigs but not really stressing the point and I'm not sure it even registered. When she (long-time ex smoker herself) prodded about how close to being quit I am and that I should, I was a little more defensive than usual in arguing that my remaining cigarettes are my safety valve for not going back to heavy(ish) smoking. She came back with, "Well I've found those arrangements are usually temporary and people's smoking creeps back up," but was at least impressed when I told her I've been this way for three years. But, as I say, the e-cigarette part of the equation seemed to fly over her head.

But she was more genuinely impressed when my finger oximeter test showed 100%. (So was I.) "Very good for a smoker," she said a little grudgingly.

Last edited:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
Hello peeps! I've been off of ECF for around a week because I felt like a hypocrite posting in my regular thread while I was puffing away on a cigarette XD

My story - I left the USA a few years ago, joined ECF for a recipe to make my own nicotine from patches I'd taken with me. 24mg menthol nicotine and one of the cigalikes I'd packed helped me quit. Then I came back to the USA, started smoking again, came back to ECF and started buying a new breed of PVs and juice than had NOT been around in 2008-2009. In December of 2012 I quit smoking cold turkey and was feeling magnificent vaping, breathing, walking up stairs, no chest congestion when I inhaled, you name it and it was better. I dropped my nicotine content pretty quick because the nicotine is really rough on my throat where VG and PG both give me no problems. Anyway, I moved, stressed out with some issues at my apartment complex, have a roomie that is a smoker and this last week, my 'couple' of cigs a day went to 2.5 packs =] Whoo! Big crash when I fell out of the vape wagon! I just had to take note each time I lit up to see EXACTLY how many I was sucking down =] Anyway, I logged back on and told my buddies on my regular thread and one said, join this thread... don't just drop ECF and your buddies out of shame :p So, I am HERE! I fell off of the wagon! Throat is killing me! When I breath out as much air as I can it sounds like a bubbling brook and then I need to cough! The D A M N E D tar they put in cigs and the other carp is H E L L on a pair of lungs! But I light up when I go to work, light up when I am coming home from work, and I sit at the table and smoke with the roomie! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typically work nights and will be on days for a month, so I've got some plans to re-evaluate some stress issues I have =] I just mixed up a magnificent menthol tobacco, turkish tobacco, super concentrated menthol, and some chai tea 36mg juice. I have chain vaped 15ml in the last couple of hours and only had 1 cigarrete - tasted like isht as usual, but the juice is calling me back whether I am smoking or not... I have even found myself smoking AND vaping at the same time because the juice tastes so much better than the 'ashy taste' of the cheapo cigs I force myself to smoke =] Ever had 1 month of cigs? NASTY!!! And if I want to smoke a cig, then that's what I get :p

Anyway, I am here and hope we can get through this together... I am not interested in people popping on here with cold turkey success stories, I want to know who else fell off the wagon and knows what I feel like - disgusted, ashamed, and ...... off for not being able to handle the stress without the calming effects of smoking a cigarette. And those nasty bastids DO CALM ME!

So, I have a month on days and am reading some books on dealing with life's issues, staying calm, and chanting 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' =] Oddly enough, I am Catholic, but not overly religious and chanting that Nam Myoho Renge Kyo slowly just eases the tension out of my shoulders somehow =] I dunno why, but it's pretty nice :p

Greetings and good you find you,

Mellisa aka Lisa N Central TX - you can call me Lisa =]

Last edited:

randomname79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
bolton ontario
Hi folks, I posted here once before way back. I by no means consider myself a non smoker yet but I have been cig free for over two days now. I struggled with it for a couple months doing both and when I ran out on Friday I just didn't go to the store for more. I figured I'd share a couple things I found that helped so far. First get yourself some heavy nic tobacco juice. Whenever it hits me hard I pick that up and it helps. I also didn't change my routine, when my better half goes outside for a smoke I go with just like I normally would and take my cigalike with me. I always figured my best shot would be to just let it happen. Hey if it works this time great, if it doesn't oh well. After two plus months of vaping plus smoking I figure if I fall off the wagon I'll just climb on again sometime. I truly believe that believing it doesn't matter if you fall off the wagon helps due to having less pressure and stress being put on yourself. We may not be sucess stories yet but with a group of people that support each other odds are more likely that someday we all will be.

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
Ran into the trifecta today... Broke down and bummed a cig - didn't taste bad, didn't smell bad and the truth is I have missed them - vaping just isn't the same.
Not giving up on vaping yet, but think I'm going back to doing both for a while.

You're right. Vaping is not the same as smoking cigarettes. I don't think tobacco tastes bad or smells bad either ( pipe smoke ), but cigarettes have a chemical smell to them that I can sense now. I quit smoking about two months ago.

I don't miss cigarettes. I don't miss paying 8 bucks for something worth about 1 dollar. I don't miss slowly poisoning myself. And I don't miss potentially being another statistic.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    :facepalm:Sigh....so glad to find this thread (I've all ready subscribed):laugh:
    I haven't completely quit cigs either although I would REALLY like to just vape since I know it is better health wise; I have proven that much to myself since I started March 5th.
    Like so many of you I have been "embarrassed" to remain a part of the community here & make posts & comments & try to help others with questions since - I still smoke some:(
    In the beginning (and I didn't start vaping to quit, just curious) I dropped almost immediately to 2 to 4 cigs a day & thought "oh wow! I'm going to quit!!! Nope - one day I think I had 10 cigs & felt soooo bad about it. One of my problems is that a lot of what I'm vaping has apparently caused my mouth to be raw and it literally hurts to vape. Therefore back to a cig I go cause ya' know it has that "numbing" affect.
    Any way I was a 1 & 1/2 pad smoker so anything between 2 & 10 I'm going to consider a win & just keep working on it as I go. Thanks for this thread, I'll be checking back daily:)
    Guess all my buds on the other threads are gonna see me in here:blush:

cags

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    ..........But she was more genuinely impressed when my finger oximeter test showed 100%. (So was I.) "Very good for a smoker," she said a little grudgingly.

I've always had low blood pressure. I'm almost always fat. when I smoked and they would take my BP, I loved commenting how that was a pretty good BP for an old fat lady who smokes, LOL. dr. would usually make a face :) my dr. is happy I vape and supports me :)

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    One of my problems is that a lot of what I'm vaping has apparently caused my mouth to be raw and it literally hurts to vape. Therefore back to a cig I go cause ya' know it has that "numbing" affect.

Figure out if the PG or the VG or the nicotine is bothering you. Most people say they have issues with the PG, but I personally have a reaction to nicotine. Regardless, whatever is making your mouth raw, cut down on it until you have no problems.

My Gran told me something when I was a little thing =] If your friends don't support you, they are NOT friends =]

Good to meet you, daleron =]

I've always had low blood pressure. I'm almost always fat. when I smoked and they would take my BP, I loved commenting how that was a pretty good BP for an old fat lady who smokes, LOL. dr. would usually make a face :) my dr. is happy I vape and supports me :)

heh! Me too, cags! old and plump! forget about it! When we are feeling better we will move to that next =] I have been on a gummy bear diet for these past few days :/ Gummy bears *sigh* lemon drops *sigh* just needing them to coat my throat :/

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread