Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Figure out if the PG or the VG or the nicotine is bothering you. Most people say they have issues with the PG, but I personally have a reaction to nicotine. Regardless, whatever is making your mouth raw, cut down on it until you have no problems.

My Gran told me something when I was a little thing =] If your friends don't support you, they are NOT friends =]

Good to meet you, daleron =]

Thank you for the welcome & advise. I'm pretty sure I was vaping too much citrus stuff & amaretto, have 'forced' myself to stop those for a while and am doing better. I did read about the PG & VG but the other types of vape don't do that so am suspecting the acidic vapes :( Naturally those are my fav's:(

RosaJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    Hello peeps! I've been off of ECF for around a week because I felt like a hypocrite posting in my regular thread while I was puffing away on a cigarette XD

My story - I left the USA a few years ago, joined ECF for a recipe to make my own nicotine from patches I'd taken with me. 24mg menthol nicotine and one of the cigalikes I'd packed helped me quit. Then I came back to the USA, started smoking again, came back to ECF and started buying a new breed of PVs and juice than had NOT been around in 2008-2009. In December of 2012 I quit smoking cold turkey and was feeling magnificent vaping, breathing, walking up stairs, no chest congestion when I inhaled, you name it and it was better. I dropped my nicotine content pretty quick because the nicotine is really rough on my throat where VG and PG both give me no problems. Anyway, I moved, stressed out with some issues at my apartment complex, have a roomie that is a smoker and this last week, my 'couple' of cigs a day went to 2.5 packs =] Whoo! Big crash when I fell out of the vape wagon! I just had to take note each time I lit up to see EXACTLY how many I was sucking down =] Anyway, I logged back on and told my buddies on my regular thread and one said, join this thread... don't just drop ECF and your buddies out of shame :p So, I am HERE! I fell off of the wagon! Throat is killing me! When I breath out as much air as I can it sounds like a bubbling brook and then I need to cough! The D A M N E D tar they put in cigs and the other carp is H E L L on a pair of lungs! But I light up when I go to work, light up when I am coming home from work, and I sit at the table and smoke with the roomie! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typically work nights and will be on days for a month, so I've got some plans to re-evaluate some stress issues I have =] I just mixed up a magnificent menthol tobacco, turkish tobacco, super concentrated menthol, and some chai tea 36mg juice. I have chain vaped 15ml in the last couple of hours and only had 1 cigarrete - tasted like isht as usual, but the juice is calling me back whether I am smoking or not... I have even found myself smoking AND vaping at the same time because the juice tastes so much better than the 'ashy taste' of the cheapo cigs I force myself to smoke =] Ever had 1 month of cigs? NASTY!!! And if I want to smoke a cig, then that's what I get :p

Anyway, I am here and hope we can get through this together... I am not interested in people popping on here with cold turkey success stories, I want to know who else fell off the wagon and knows what I feel like - disgusted, ashamed, and ...... off for not being able to handle the stress without the calming effects of smoking a cigarette. And those nasty bastids DO CALM ME!

So, I have a month on days and am reading some books on dealing with life's issues, staying calm, and chanting 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' =] Oddly enough, I am Catholic, but not overly religious and chanting that Nam Myoho Renge Kyo slowly just eases the tension out of my shoulders somehow =] I dunno why, but it's pretty nice :p

Greetings and good you find you,

Mellisa aka Lisa N Central TX - you can call me Lisa =]

Lisa, congratulations for not giving up. There was a reason I smoked and for me that was to just take time to myself away from some people who caused stressful situations (in my mind) and just do whatever the heck I wanted by myself. Stress is relative to each of us, and what causes me stress isn't necessarily so for others. But the common denominator is we smoke/smoked as a coping mechanism and we enjoyed it as well.

Vape on!:vapor:

Last edited:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    @ Lisa don't feel bad about falling off the wagon. I am still trying to climb on. I'm a ppd down from 2 ppd. I have 9mg juice as anything stronger kills my throat. I chain vape. My pv is in my mouth more than a newborn baby with a pacifier.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

haha! That's an apt description! PV = pacifier! It fits well since I, too am chain vaping like crazy here. I am pleased with the juice mix I currently have - tobacco, menthol, and a bit of Chai tea flavor... just stood talking to roomie chain vaping away as he smoked a cig... I held tough, so I am pleased. I offered him a taste of my vape, since I've been trying to get him to cut down on the cigs in a round about way :X Of course he likes every juice I offer, but he likes the cigs more...

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2012
    North Georgia
    Well I guess I'd better out myself as I see a few friends in here. Hi!!
    I went from 1 1/2-2 ppd to 5-10 depending on my stress level for the day.
    Part of the inability to just quit is DH keeps handing me packs. I've tried to get him to vape with me but he shows no interest. Still carries around the PV I got him though. I keep thinking the next big thing will make me quit. Ha. I just really don't care to -for now. With coffee, after meals, and before bed are my main pitfalls. The others are my extended family is wacko! I have cut back. I've managed to do it with no vape funds. Now that DH is back to work I'm going try try and grab a bottle of wta and see if it helps. I'm very glad to find this thread. And will keep checking in :)

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    Part of the inability to just quit is DH keeps handing me packs. I've tried to get him to vape with me but he shows no interest. Still carries around the PV I got him though. I keep thinking the next big thing will make me quit. Ha. I just really don't care to -for now. With coffee, after meals, and before bed are my main pitfalls. The others are my extended family is wacko! I have cut back. I've managed to do it with no vape funds. Now that DH is back to work I'm going try try and grab a bottle of wta and see if it helps. I'm very glad to find this thread. And will keep checking in :)

*hugs* to GaMntGirl =] I remember when I got on ECF someone said it doesn't matter so much how many cigarettes you smoke, but HOW MANY CIGS YOU'VE STOPPED SMOKING =] 1.5 PAD versus a few cigs is still doing darned good! You're still moving forward :p

RosaJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    :facepalm:Sigh....so glad to find this thread (I've all ready subscribed):laugh:
    I haven't completely quit cigs either although I would REALLY like to just vape since I know it is better health wise; I have proven that much to myself since I started March 5th.
    Like so many of you I have been "embarrassed" to remain a part of the community here & make posts & comments & try to help others with questions since - I still smoke some:(
    In the beginning (and I didn't start vaping to quit, just curious) I dropped almost immediately to 2 to 4 cigs a day & thought "oh wow! I'm going to quit!!! Nope - one day I think I had 10 cigs & felt soooo bad about it. One of my problems is that a lot of what I'm vaping has apparently caused my mouth to be raw and it literally hurts to vape. Therefore back to a cig I go cause ya' know it has that "numbing" affect.
    Any way I was a 1 & 1/2 pad smoker so anything between 2 & 10 I'm going to consider a win & just keep working on it as I go. Thanks for this thread, I'll be checking back daily:)
    Guess all my buds on the other threads are gonna see me in here:blush:

Congratulations to you too for not giving up on vaping. There is no right or wrong ways in this journey.

As for your throat irritation, I went through it and realized that I was trying to make the juice stretch as much as possible. So I continued doing research in this forum and read that cartos/cartridges need to be kept wet at all times otherwise you're vaping a dry carto filler. (I was vaping the eGo C atomizer with cartridges at the time). I started using cartos and made sure they were topped up with juice and the irritation went away. I'm not saying this is what is happening to you, but just I'm just mentioning it as a possibility.

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2012
    North Georgia
    *hugs* to GaMntGirl =] I remember when I got on ECF someone said it doesn't matter so much how many cigarettes you smoke, but HOW MANY CIGS YOU'VE STOPPED SMOKING =] 1.5 PAD versus a few cigs is still doing darned good! You're still moving forward :p

Thanks Lisa. I'll get there eventually. So far I light up and put it out then light up again in about an hour and just put it out again. Hard habit to quit but I will...

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

:laugh: Hiya GMGirl! Embarrassed & glad to see you here!!!

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2012
    North Georgia
    :laugh: Hiya GMGirl! Embarrassed & glad to see you here!!!

Same here Daleron :) but don't be embarrassed. I'm not. It's just info I have not shared :) it's Mothers Day time just about the time my daughter came up with her blu's. about a week after she left I went to b&m and bought a 510 if it was t for DH I probably could have cold turkeyed it then. 3 months later I got my 650. And now last month the ovale and sonic screwdriver. I have hope that vv will help.
    Now on your problems have you tried just vg? It helped me to keep from the heavy lung. Also cinnamon will contribute to mouth ulcers/peeling and many other symptoms. I've seen it a lot in my career.
    Lets only count the ones we don't OK :)

cags

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    first, I think you guys need to stop being embarrassed! the only shameful thing about smoking is the way society treats smokers!

second, to me this is not a quit smoking forum, it's a vaping forum! so again, no need at all to be embarrassed.

I mentioned that I am often fat. lately I've been trying to lose weight, almost no cheating and the last 2 weeks I've lost 1/2 lb a week. that is enough to make you eat cake, but I'm continuing to try. and I may fail and eat for a month before I try again, shrug, but I refuse to be embarrassed about it. same thing goes for smoking/vaping, in my opinion :)

PaulB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2010
    Virginia
    Note on my "condition" :
    Hubby came home with flowers, candy, and get this - two packs of cigs. I'm like, oh yay!!! I don't have to go to town tmr!:facepalm:
    But consider - I was buying 2 CARTONS every week & a half - now it's two packs and I'm happy:w00t:

That's my purchasing routine too--two packs at a time to last me about a week and a half (along with two cartons for my wife who remains uninterested in vaping).

I'm curious if anybody in this thread has tried and liked any of the naturally extracted tobacco juices (like the ones Vaperite sells)? There's a big long thread about these that I haven't delved into. I'm curious as to how much they might make vaping more "smoking-like."

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    first, I think you guys need to stop being embarrassed! the only shameful thing about smoking is the way society treats smokers!

second, to me this is not a quit smoking forum, it's a vaping forum! so again, no need at all to be embarrassed.

I mentioned that I am often fat. lately I've been trying to lose weight, almost no cheating and the last 2 weeks I've lost 1/2 lb a week. that is enough to make you eat cake, but I'm continuing to try. and I may fail and eat for a month before I try again, shrug, but I refuse to be embarrassed about it. same thing goes for smoking/vaping, in my opinion :)

I am in the same boat =] Buy things a little more expensive locally to try to lose weight, but I am not killing myself over it... I just gained 5 lbs I saw a bit ago... eh, another thing I need to work on. Darned gummy bears LOL

That's my purchasing routine too--two packs at a time to last me about a week and a half (along with two cartons for my wife who remains uninterested in vaping).

I'm curious if anybody in this thread has tried and liked any of the naturally extracted tobacco juices (like the ones Vaperite sells)? There's a big long thread about these that I haven't delved into. I'm curious as to how much they might make vaping more "smoking-like."

I have not tried the naturally extracted tobacco juices... I have a lot of tobacco juices, but have not bought from Vaperite... I've got some menthol tobacco mixed that is pretty much dead on for me. Just need to keep refilling the tank and stop reaching for the cigarette :/

Last edited:

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Tennessee, USA
    I mentioned that I am often fat. lately I've been trying to lose weight, almost no cheating and the last 2 weeks I've lost 1/2 lb a week. that is enough to make you eat cake, but I'm continuing to try. and I may fail and eat for a month before I try again, shrug, but I refuse to be embarrassed about it.

Fat is relative. I'm 75 pounds overweight and consider myself chubby not fat. Losing weight will never happen for me as a result of having cancer a few years ago (remission 2 years now). Everyone is different and there is no shame is being who you are. Smoker, non smoker, fat, thin it's what you think of yourself. If you want to change do it for yourself.

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2012
    North Georgia
    . Snip.

Haven't tried store bought but I did make my own and it tastes like what it was made from. I found I do not like the way tobacco tastes.
    Im sure its good if you like tobacco. Lol. Sounds weird coming from a smoker but I guess that's why I keep putting out the cigs. Bad taste. Now if I could do something about the stress ...

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    I had totally forgotten about this thread until I noticed a couple likes from here...it's sort of hidden! I've fallen off the wagon twice since my last post. The last one was a doozy and completely stress related. We've been struggling financially for 3 years since the real estate bubble burst (I worked in the residential construction industry) and it's caused some serious fallout since.

At the beginning of the month I decided after a year of trying not to, to file bankruptcy, and the same day I met with my attorney, my BF/SO of 20+ years decided he needed to leave. He has untreated adult ADHD and can be extremely difficult to live with (although we love each other dearly).

So, while maybe not as bad as some here have had it, I did smoke for 2 days (1/2 pack) while I vaped the rest of the time. BTW, I have been a chain vaper since I started vaping March 30.

I also had dropped my nic to 12, and that was a big mistake. Last week I managed to just have 1-2 a day and they didn't taste bad--and they scratched an itch that had been building for some time.

Feeling somewhat defeated, I took down my "smoke free for...days" counter and bought some 24mg WTA from Aroma. Guys, if you haven't tried it, I HIGHLY recommend you get some. I've been vaping it since Wednesday last week (not exclusively but every few hours) and it has really helped so far. There's a "wash" of, well, something that flows through my brain and really calms the nerves. And, I find that I am not chain vaping my regular juice now, and I feel better about that too.

I realized also that I may have some mental/depression issues that were being medicated by my smoking. I have a family history of bipolar disorder, ADD, and depression. I never exhibited signs of any of these as an adult, but I also started smoking @ 13 and I do remember before starting to smoke that I did have some depression problems. I think the MAOI's in the cigarettes kept a lot of that at bay, and the WTA is supposed to address that. So far, so good.

Something to think about.

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Tennessee, USA
    my BF/SO of 20+ years decided he needed to leave. He has untreated adult ADHD and can be extremely difficult to live with (although we love each other dearly).

I realized also that I may have some mental/depression issues that were being medicated by my smoking. I have a family history of bipolar disorder, ADD, and depression. I never exhibited signs of any of these as an adult, but I also started smoking @ 13 and I do remember before starting to smoke that I did have some depression problems. I think the MAOI's in the cigarettes kept a lot of that at bay, and the WTA is supposed to address that. So far, so good.

Please please please PM me. I suffer from many of the above listed conditions and feel I can help.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ringling Brothers Circus
    I'll give a girl a bump for being in remission! Congrats Dreaswi! I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 5 years ago =] I refused treatment and was given 3 years... Divorced a husband, quit my job, pulled out my retirement and moved to a tropical island to die! I came back to the USA 3 years ago, so I am at 5 years now LOL Screw 'em! I had a Gran diagnosed and refused treatment, she lived another 18 years and died in her 80s, my aunts, uncles, parent did the chemo deed and dropped within 5 years. I'll take my chances with the weight and holistic meds! Emotional turmoil, depression, and LIFE comes and goes =] I keep going... albeit quieter or louder, depending on the day and the stress of life :p

Good luck to all and bless us everyone!

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2010
    pa

I have tried several and actually extract my own the past year or so. If you like real tobacco flavor then yeah it's great. But there's still something missing for me. Wta perhaps. Idk.

Prism

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I'll give a girl a bump for being in remission! Congrats Dreaswi! I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 5 years ago =] I refused treatment and was given 3 years... Divorced a husband, quit my job, pulled out my retirement and moved to a tropical island to die! I came back to the USA 3 years ago, so I am at 5 years now LOL Screw 'em! I had a Gran diagnosed and refused treatment, she lived another 18 years and died in her 80s, my aunts, uncles, parent did the chemo deed and dropped within 5 years. I'll take my chances with the weight and holistic meds! Emotional turmoil, depression, and LIFE comes and goes =] I keep going... albeit quieter or louder, depending on the day and the stress of life :p

Good luck to all and bless us everyone!

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer when I was 27. Had a hysterectomy and refused chemo. 25 years later and I am still going great. I am glad I chose the path I did and hope you have the same outcome I have had so far :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread