Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I have tried several and actually extract my own the past year or so. If you like real tobacco flavor then yeah it's great. But there's still something missing for me. Wta perhaps. Idk.

I've seen some Chinese companies selling 'cigarette TAR' and thought huh?!?!?! Just soak the tobacco in tar and apparently buy it from China o_O The things we've been ingesting...

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer when I was 27. Had a hysterectomy and refused chemo. 25 years later and I am still going great. I am glad I chose the path I did and hope you have the same outcome I have had so far :)

Thank you! I wish you good fortune and good life as well <3 I never had such a perfect example before, I've just been flying blind and had a vague unease about choosing a different route! Now I have a perfect example and path to follow!

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Same here Daleron :) but don't be embarrassed. I'm not. It's just info I have not shared :) it's Mothers Day time just about the time my daughter came up with her blu's. about a week after she left I went to b&m and bought a 510 if it was t for DH I probably could have cold turkeyed it then. 3 months later I got my 650. And now last month the ovale and sonic screwdriver. I have hope that vv will help.
    Now on your problems have you tried just vg? It helped me to keep from the heavy lung. Also cinnamon will contribute to mouth ulcers/peeling and many other symptoms. I've seen it a lot in my career.
    Lets only count the ones we don't OK :)

LOL, I'm not really embarrassed, I'm too old to care anymore, just being silly I guess - never did quite grow up:laugh:
    I'm working on the mouth issue since I've obviously been reading the forum, ordered a 'cherry flavor pg10/vg90' but it's still perfumy smelling & steeping; I'll try to remember & let you all know how that works out :) I've stayed away from cinnamon - just the thought hurts me! My dh has never smoked, lucky me, and has never complained about me smoking - he's a Saint:D

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    first, I think you guys need to stop being embarrassed! the only shameful thing about smoking is the way society treats smokers!

second, to me this is not a quit smoking forum, it's a vaping forum! so again, no need at all to be embarrassed.

I mentioned that I am often fat. lately I've been trying to lose weight, almost no cheating and the last 2 weeks I've lost 1/2 lb a week. that is enough to make you eat cake, but I'm continuing to try. and I may fail and eat for a month before I try again, shrug, but I refuse to be embarrassed about it. same thing goes for smoking/vaping, in my opinion :)

Ok! This is the I still smoke & ain't ashamed thread after all :)
    And I'm "fluffy" myself and don't really much care - one of my adopted grandkids likes to snuggle with me because I'm "soft" :laugh:

jessermay

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    York, PA
    Good Morning all! So I caved :closedeyes: I had a rough weekend and bought a pack of cigs, I feel so horrible and hate myself. I had gone 4 days with no cigs and was so proud of myself but one bad moment and I have no will power. I am back at vaping this morning, I had a smoke on my ride to work and I am planning on sticking with vaping through the day. I seriously have no will power and cigs are my go to when I am stressed. I need to retrain my brain that vaping delicious flavors needs to be my go to for stress! I am going to give up the stinky's I hate the control I let them have and I want it to end! :)

TheAngryBovine

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2012
    Oldsmar, Fl
    This isn't an easy post to write; it's taken me a few days of thinking on it. How do you describe something so internal as an addiction? How can I tell you about the sadness and fear I feel when even considering totally giving up cigarettes? It's like trying to say goodbye to an old friend. Or a lover. The codependent kind that you know will eventually kill you in your sleep. Let me light a smoke first.
    I'm sure everyone has a similar story. Both parents smoked around us. First coughing fit at 13 from a pilfered Merit ultralight 100. Pack a day at 15, 2 at 18, 2 1/2 at 21 or so... My entire life has been defined as a smoker, milestones marked by burn holes in car seats and breaks while going up staircases.
    I'm not sure at what point recreational self destruction became addiction, I am sure it didn't happen overnight, though. I couldn't tell you when wanting a smoke first thing in the morning became needing to have one before I could function.
    My grandparents owned restaurants. My parents own restaurants. To those of you out there who don't believe in fate, I live it. Nothing gets me off like the stress of the kitchen. Every few years I get a wild hair up my ... to try something new, always end up back here with the long hours, heat, fighting and making up, drinking. It's home. A cigarette break is almost mandatory here. You can tell a good cook by how fast he can suck down a cigarette and get back on the line.
    The cigarette is a part of me, an extension of my hand. It's a crutch I lean on, a dependable friend. I bought my first blu in September. An ego in October. I diy, even made a few keeper recipes. I like my current set ups, non vv bottom feeders with lr 306's. Some days are better than others. Away from work I can do about 5 smokes, busy holidays at work I'll go through... Well it's more than I care to admit. Next week I'm taking the wife to St. Augustine for vacation, maybe this time it'll finally be then.
    I'm not bothered reading people's success stories, my fight is entirely my own. My vaping has led to both parents trying it out, my brother has my old egos. I make juice for all of them. 2 people I work with have started vaping, one is looking for a kit, my sous chef quit totally on disposables. That's the one that makes me jealous. Then guilty. The guy's been with me for 6 years, I'm with him more than my family.
    I think part of it, for me, is the trap of seeing every new, shiny toy come out every week while thinking "that's what I need to quit smoking. Once I get that, I won't turn back." On further introspection I realize that's the voice of addiction. Doesn't stop me from wanting that shiny new woodville, though.

dilong1717

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2012
    Newark, DE
    This isn't an easy post to write; it's taken me a few days of thinking on it. How do you describe something so internal as an addiction? How can I tell you about the sadness and fear I feel when even considering totally giving up cigarettes? It's like trying to say goodbye to an old friend. Or a lover. The codependent kind that you know will eventually kill you in your sleep. Let me light a smoke first.
    I'm sure everyone has a similar story. Both parents smoked around us. First coughing fit at 13 from a pilfered Merit ultralight 100. Pack a day at 15, 2 at 18, 2 1/2 at 21 or so... My entire life has been defined as a smoker, milestones marked by burn holes in car seats and breaks while going up staircases.
    I'm not sure at what point recreational self destruction became addiction, I am sure it didn't happen overnight, though. I couldn't tell you when wanting a smoke first thing in the morning became needing to have one before I could function.
    My grandparents owned restaurants. My parents own restaurants. To those of you out there who don't believe in fate, I live it. Nothing gets me off like the stress of the kitchen. Every few years I get a wild hair up my ... to try something new, always end up back here with the long hours, heat, fighting and making up, drinking. It's home. A cigarette break is almost mandatory here. You can tell a good cook by how fast he can suck down a cigarette and get back on the line.
    The cigarette is a part of me, an extension of my hand. It's a crutch I lean on, a dependable friend. I bought my first blu in September. An ego in October. I diy, even made a few keeper recipes. I like my current set ups, non vv bottom feeders with lr 306's. Some days are better than others. Away from work I can do about 5 smokes, busy holidays at work I'll go through... Well it's more than I care to admit. Next week I'm taking the wife to St. Augustine for vacation, maybe this time it'll finally be then.
    I'm not bothered reading people's success stories, my fight is entirely my own. My vaping has led to both parents trying it out, my brother has my old egos. I make juice for all of them. 2 people I work with have started vaping, one is looking for a kit, my sous chef quit totally on disposables. That's the one that makes me jealous. Then guilty. The guy's been with me for 6 years, I'm with him more than my family.
    I think part of it, for me, is the trap of seeing every new, shiny toy come out every week while thinking "that's what I need to quit smoking. Once I get that, I won't turn back." On further introspection I realize that's the voice of addiction. Doesn't stop me from wanting that shiny new woodville, though.

Your story is so familiar to mine its scary..getting all of the new devices because you read that someone had great success quitting using it so your brain says..huh, maybe that is my ticket to analog freedom. Or stalking the mailman for the new batch of juice that's going to arrive today and thinking to yourself, yup I just know that the juice I'm going to crave more than an analog has got to be in my latest purchase of juice..unfortunately for me it never is but I'll keep looking. Anyway, I know exactly how you feel. We will get there eventually. Stay strong...

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2011
    SC
    I want to "like" this whole thread. I'm so glad I saw a link to it!

I didn't realize it but I have been embarrassed that I can't quit. I'll grandly announce at work "I'm not buying another pack!" Then 2 hours later on the ride home the car just automatically turns into the convenience store.

It feels exactly like giving up a codependent lover to me too! Hurt me some more, I love it! :pervy:

I would design a signature to announce my still-smoking status, but I don't have time to enter into internet arguments with reformed smokers. . .

Guess I'll just have to post in here instead!!

Let's see, triggers: stress, boredom, and pure HABIT! Driving, smoking. Wake up, smoke. Eat something, smoke. Check the bank balance, smoke. Fight with my teen daughter, smoke 2! Go to break at work, smoke. It's like every thing I enjoy can only be enjoyed with a cigarette in my hand! Vaping is good, flavors are delish, but just can't NOT smoke.

And, I'm through beating myself up about it. Seems most days I'm still finishing off a pack every 24 hours, PLUS vaping my brains out! Every one I don't smoke from here on out is a WIN!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Hang in there guys...if you can get to the point where you can tell that "pull" to STICK IT and not make it keep you up at night maybe that's the magic moment. The only thing I think that has helped me this week is my WTA--I've actually been able to put my PV down for a couple of hours without constantly thinking, "I need, I need, I NEED..."

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    I'll tell you that I don't need it all the time, just at the times when the urge is stronger than normal. I've found that my nic intake needs to be between 18 and 24mg, and I have a bunch of 12 that doesn't quite scratch the itch. So when I bought mine I figured I'd need 24 because all aroma had was 12 and 24.

I don't know if it was the immediate hit of double what I'd been vaping, or if the WTA enhances the nic's effect, but DAMN! The first day I vaped it I got so nic'd out that I was super shaky and not feeling very good. So now, I vape it only a few times a day, and my normal juice the rest of the time. So in the past week I've gone through maybe 1 or 2 mils (use about 3 mls a day of the regular stuff normally).

So the cost isn't too bad if you don't mix it with everything you vape.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread