Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

areinike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Florida
I've quit smoke, quite successfully, using Chantix a couple of years back. I felt good to do it and felt ashamed when I picked up that first cigarette but DAMN it felt soooo good. And I think that's what we're all striving for. That feeling ... that rush when we smoke that first cigarette after not having one for a while. A feeling we just don't get from vaping. Now mind you, I'm taking the baby steps too. I've went a couple of days to see if I could do it and it seemed to work out. My atomizers are a bit weak and waiting for replacements so I'm toking on the woods for now, but during work, I'll vape. So, along with a lot of you, I'll smoke in the morning and in the evening. 4 to 5 cigarettes a day - from 20 - I still consider that a win.

I'd love to be able to just buy the 0mg flavoring and just enjoy vaping one day. .... one day ... :)

jessermay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
York, PA
Hang in there guys...if you can get to the point where you can tell that "pull" to STICK IT and not make it keep you up at night maybe that's the magic moment. The only thing I think that has helped me this week is my WTA--I've actually been able to put my PV down for a couple of hours without constantly thinking, "I need, I need, I NEED..."

I just ordered some WTA from Aroma. Should be here in a day or 2. I kept reading that people having trouble giving up the analogs had great success adding WTA so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's hoping this will do it!

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I've had a good day. Only 14 cigarettes in 24 hours. Smallest amount smoked in over a year.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Hang in there guys...if you can get to the point where you can tell that "pull" to STICK IT and not make it keep you up at night maybe that's the magic moment. The only thing I think that has helped me this week is my WTA--I've actually been able to put my PV down for a couple of hours without constantly thinking, "I need, I need, I NEED..."

I've quit smoke, quite successfully, using Chantix a couple of years back. I felt good to do it and felt ashamed when I picked up that first cigarette but DAMN it felt soooo good. And I think that's what we're all striving for. That feeling ... that rush when we smoke that first cigarette after not having one for a while. A feeling we just don't get from vaping. Now mind you, I'm taking the baby steps too. I've went a couple of days to see if I could do it and it seemed to work out. My atomizers are a bit weak and waiting for replacements so I'm toking on the woods for now, but during work, I'll vape. So, along with a lot of you, I'll smoke in the morning and in the evening. 4 to 5 cigarettes a day - from 20 - I still consider that a win.

I'd love to be able to just buy the 0mg flavoring and just enjoy vaping one day. .... one day ... :)

Congrats you two on your good days!!! Good days count as a win in my book:)

& I would also love to be able to just vape 0mg & be satisfied! Like you ... someday:laugh:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Welcome areinike, I'm not sure either about the WTA. It's some kind of Juice I guess that's made from (I think) wet tobacco leaves & must be strong or something. I'm sure if you type it into the search line up top you'll be able to find lots of info if nobody in here responds - although I'm sure someone will :)

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    The alkaloids not only give a more satisfying experience, they do so for many smokers/vapers due to their anti-depressant nature. Apparently some smokers lack the ability to regulate dopamine in the brain, and the alkaloids help do that. I don't know if it's a chicken/egg thing (that we self medicate to address the inability to regulate, or if smoking over time affects the ability to do so). So there IS a physiological component to the theory that having these in the juice helps with giving the relaxed, comforting feeling that nic-only juice doesn't.

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    The alkaloids not only give a more satisfying experience, they do so for many smokers/vapers due to their anti-depressant nature. Apparently some smokers lack the ability to regulate dopamine in the brain, and the alkaloids help do that. I don't know if it's a chicken/egg thing (that we self medicate to address the inability to regulate, or if smoking over time affects the ability to do so). So there IS a physiological component to the theory that having these in the juice helps with giving the relaxed, comforting feeling that nic-only juice doesn't.

Very informative, thank you :) I believe a lot of us have "self-medicated" with cigs.

Hey guys, new game plan here. I think I told you dh brought me two packs of cigs a while ago, one was a misty menthol 120 ... I've been taking a couple of drags here & there then droppin' it in the snuffer ... man, that third or fourth time is nassstyyy! :laugh:

emilysunshine

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2010
    Texas
    I purchased some WTA, and let me just say, this stuff is more potent than regular juice. It does keep me from vaping non stop. I have not smoked anymore, but the urge is still there. I just drop a few drops of the Wta in my carto and vape away the urge. It has helped me to not fall off the wagon again (so far). I will definitely keep using it. Stress and sadness are my triggers. I miss my son every day (he committed suicide in January), and sometimes it hits me harder than others. I don't feel like smoking most of the time, but occasionally the urge can be pretty overwhelming. I'll get through this. Hopefully smoke free.

patkin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    I still smoke 2-to-4 times a day. When upset, the first thing I do is light up and everyone knows I'm upset then but its rare. I don't limit myself on smokes then. A top pulmonologist told a patient friend of mine just last month that 10 or fewer cigarettes a day is the same as not smoking as far as the affects on the lungs and had no problem with her filling in her vaping with a that many smokes. I've been told the same thing by GPs going back 40 or more years ago and continuing until the anti-smoking mindsets started. I was happy to hear of any doctor telling the truth. A milestone for me was taking my walks several times a day with my setup instead of a cigarette as that's when I usually smoked. I was developing a new habit so worked at not smoking while I walked. I carry two Joye battery packs, four 510 ecigs, two ego 1000 mah passthroughs, three 5mil bottles of juice and cables/chargers/cartos as well as a pack of smokes. You just never know when you might get caught out longer than expected ;) Think I'm an addict? I do so getting to 2-to-4 smokes a day and breaking a newly developed habit is something I'm real happy with and most definitely not ashamed of. I'm working on decreasing what I carry with me as my purse is getting way too heavy.

Edit: forgot something
    Oddly, I do consider myself a non-smoker. I guess that's the result of going from 2 packs a day to what I smoke now. I vape far more than I smoke to where I really don't feel like a smoker but do feel like a vaper. I honestly don't feel like I just HAVE to have a smoke but would never want to be without my setups. Smoking has become something I choose to do but don't NEED to do. However, I do NEED to vape. I can easily go to bed without that last smoke of the day but not that last vape.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Last edited:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2010
    PA
    Well it does but it's very difficult to get a hold of. I've chosen "similar" wta flavors and add to my other juices.

Is WTA flavored? Can I get it unflavored and add to my juice I have? How much do I add? How much does it alter the flavor of regular juice?

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    I do still have a couple of the small unflavored samples (about 1.5ml), 18 mg/ml, from when I picked some up earlier this year. Nominal mix is about 25% (1.5ml per 6ml of final eliquid), that's the only input I've run across on the topic. (Myself, when trying it, I just dripped a couple drops onto the atty on my feeder PV, then took a few deep puffs. Personally, WTA isn't for me, I'm fine on standard nic, but it had a real, noticeable, effect on me.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread