Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Same old story here. Was onto the stage of a Vamo and Protanks and thought, let's research delivery devices. Started a thread in the South African forum. Had my finger on the cart button for a kayfun, which is damnit expensive for just an atomizer. Paused, considered ForeverTwoWheels's post on my thread mentioning casually like about Reos. Found this forum, and the rest is history!!

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I love the RM2 the best because it is so easy to use and looks good. I don't want to try any other rba since this is from REOs mods so it is perfect on my REOs.

Tomorrow is the date of arrival for my milled RM2.

Ditto to all...except my milled RM2 has company in the shipment.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
once it has been milled down it'll work with anything.

The reason they do not natively work is they are too wide to screw down well enough to make contact.

T

Actually, of all of my (only-soon to be rectified) five milled down RM2s, only one particular one, a brass, will fit one particular Mini Woodvil catchcup and none of the several others. That particular RM2 does not fit most of my Woodvil 18490 catchcups. So more than "standard" milling needs to be done on a few RM2s to fit those.

Feisty Alice

I know there aren't that many smaller Woodvils out there but enough that peeps need to know. In fact, it seems like I may have one or two Woodvils 18650 with catchcup ID too small.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I only have one woodvil - and HRH has all the minis. I had it made for me, but it fits everything i have. I'm sure you are right about some of the other mods it won't fit on.

When i asked for it - i provided Rob with the exact dimensions of my woodvil catchcup so as to be sure of a fit. Would it not be possible to just aggressively mill them all so they do fit everything? Backwards compatibility and all that.

T

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Speaking of RM2..... I never drilled out the cap hole of my Hornets or ERA. At first the RM2 seemed a tiny airy but after a day I adjusted. Last week I put my Hornets and ERAs back into commission and now they all seem too tight a draw.

On another note, I'm very seriously considering permanently lowering the nic of my juices. Most mornings I have to cut my juice a bit till later in day.

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I only have one woodvil - and HRH has all the minis. I had it made for me, but it fits everything i have. I'm sure you are right about some of the other mods it won't fit on.

When i asked for it - i provided Rob with the exact dimensions of my woodvil catchcup so as to be sure of a fit. Would it not be possible to just aggressively mill them all so they do fit everything? Backwards compatibility and all that.

T

Yeah, that's what I plan to do. Give Robert exact ID of smallest catchcup and also depths of some as they do vary. It is much more work and expense having so many :eek: catchcups worked on or replaced in addition to sending so many Woodvils off into the sometimes black hole of any delivery system.

Feisty Alice

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
Before I say anything, forgive me for my REOgnorance and stupidity. I've been hearing about Reo's for a while now and they've piqued my curiosity. They also have some of the most loyal fans as well. I went on their website and checked it and, and they are a really nice looking device...

But, before I decide to pull the trigger, and join the REO SPEEDWAGON :) I was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me what it is you like about them so much:

A. why they are better than than other types of devices (vv/vw/mech's/etc)
B. why you've stopped using everything else...
C. What are some of the features you particularly enjoy about them

For example, the OP stated that he bought an HH357 (very highly respected and regarded carto-style atomizers) and it was only decent compared to his/her REO. the OP also stated that they used a genesis style atty on a mech and STILL it wasn't nearly as good.

When I read stuff like that, it sounds almost unbelievable to me...almost....That's I'm so intrigued about the REO, If I'm missing an incredible vaping experience, I WANT IN ON THE ACTION TOOOOO!!! :D

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hi, Jersey B,

You should read through the sticky threads above and look at the picture threads....they'll make you want one. I know others will jump in with some comparisons, but I personally came straight from eGo batteries and cartomizers to the REOs and have been here ever since (almost 3 years,) so I can't compare it to tanks and Genesis style attys. Before I got the RM2 (the rebuildable atty sold by reosmods and the one most of us use on the REOs) I used the HH-357 and really liked it. The RM2 out-vapes it hands down for me.

The beauty of a REO (besides the "beauty" of it...literally) is the function. Bottom fed dripping, essentially. It's made of a solid block of high grade aluminum and it's virtually indestructible, so there's that. The Grand (the 18650 all-mechanical workhorse of the REOs) can be cleaned by running it under the hot water faucet, so there's that. It holds 6ml of juice at a time that you just squeeze up into the bottom of your atty, so there's that. It's awesome (IMHO) and it's my all day, every day vaping machine. I own several, and I own nothing else.

The size is a plus (IMHO)....the Grand is about the size of a pack of cigarettes only narrower. Perfect fit in hand and/or pocket.

I don't know how they compare to all the tube mods and tanks and RDAs, but I don't really care. It gives me the perfect vape every time and has transformed vaping from a hassle to a pleasure. I load up my REO with juice and a fresh battery and I'm good to go. I no longer carry a bag full of "stuff" (spares of everything) like I used to.

Hope this helps. Check out the sticky threads.

Last edited:

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)

I've been using REOs exclusively for almost 2 years. I went straight from 510 cigalikes to an inexpensive bottom feeder before getting a REO to test bottom feeding. I'd been eyeing REOs and wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money if I didn't like the principal. Once I knew I liked the bottom feeding, I got a REO mini. Then another, then a VVGrand.

I never did get into using anything else, so I can't address that.

I like the form factor of a box and having the juice contained inside. I like the colors, durability and the fact I know when I set it down it will stay upright. It's very portable in my purse and I don't have to worry about damaging a tank if I dropped it or stressed the connection. It's easy to use. I did my homework, read the REO forum like crazy. Saw the good reputation of the build quality and of Rob, the inventor of REOs, the helpfulness of this forum and other REO owners, and I was sold.

I use a RM2 on the VVGrand and hornets on the minis.

Two years later, I'm still not interested in other mods. REOs are designed to be sturdy and work effortlessly and they do that very very well. I've never regretted owning REOs. In fact, I'm planning on adding a Grand soon.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm one that came from Gennys and drippers and only use the REO/RM2 anymore. #1 factor is that every single toot, every time, all day long hits like the first 3 on a freshly rebuilt and refilled Genny, or the first toot on a freshly built and juiced dripper. Those other devices cook the juice you are going to vape soon while you vape the juice you're vaping now.

Ever put 15 drops in a dripper and watch the flavor fade with every honk?

Ever put always only 3 drops in a dripper? (If you actually do that, you're getting close)

Now put that in a form factor where I took a 5-6 day trip across the country and took nothin' but my REO Grand, batteries, charger, and juice. (and some cotton)

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
Before I say anything, forgive me for my REOgnorance and stupidity. I've been hearing about Reo's for a while now and they've piqued my curiosity. They also have some of the most loyal fans as well. I went on their website and checked it and, and they are a really nice looking device...

But, before I decide to pull the trigger, and join the REO SPEEDWAGON :) I was wondering if you guys could help me out and tell me what it is you like about them so much:

For example, the OP stated that he bought an HH357 (very highly respected and regarded carto-style atomizers) and it was only decent compared to his/her REO. the OP also stated that they used a genesis style atty on a mech and STILL it wasn't nearly as good.

When I read stuff like that, it sounds almost unbelievable to me...almost....That's I'm so intrigued about the REO, If I'm missing an incredible vaping experience, I WANT IN ON THE ACTION TOOOOO!!! :D

Alright I'm a fairly new convert so I'll throw my .02 cents into this.

A: Why are they better.
I am a truck driver so not at home everyday and not exactly like I can just pull into a vape shop and buy parts, tanks , cart's and whatnot on a whim. I have tried just about every tank, carto, atty out there. Ok maybe not the super high end ones but in design I have. I have used genesis atty's and drippers as well. None and I mean NONE compare to the function of a Reo. Mostly because it works all day everyday. I can set up my RM2 and do nothing but change batteries (I do that in the middle of the day just to be safe). And refill my bottle which I do every night. Other then that I can vape away all day without fear it will quit working or clog or flood or anything else.

B: Why have I stopped using everything else.
Well that's simple. I just don't need to anymore.

C: What do I particularly enjoy?
Read A again! lol edit.... I should add I was worried about the shape and button location and to my surprise I found when I received it I actually prefer this shape and button placement way way more then any tube I have had. It's much easier on my hands.

Last edited:

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
I presume you're a Jersey Boy? Did you grow up in the Garden State? I'm in Spring Lake. Listen...the REO MOD is consistent, effortless, and perfect for a long commute (I'm on the GSP for 3+ hours each day). No leaking, no diddling, no headaches. You know us Jersey girls -- we don't bother with sub-par goods. Just get one. :)

If you were still in Jersey, I'd meet you somewhere and let you vape on one of my REOs. That's what we do for our friends.

Last edited:

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Hey, Jersey.

I also converted from some of the more popular mods. Provari, Zenesis, a couple of Sigelei's, tons of carto-tanks, genny's etc.

I wouldn't say the Reo is better than any of the above...at least not in the subjective sense...I just use it differently. I still fiddle with my other mechs (although less and less lately as my Reo collection has grown) and I have a cheap mech with an IGO-L that I use for dedicated dripping that is normally near at hand.

What makes the Reo stand out for me is it is utilitarian. It gives me the convenience of a tank with the taste of a dripper. It fits in my pocket and doesn't fall out when I bend over or roll off the table. It is very comfortable in the hand and can take a lot of punishment. I don't have to fiddle with the coil constantly or worry about it leaking. I don't have to think about it...it just works. It's what I take to work with me, or on a trip, or while I'm puttering around the house. A battery and a bottle of juice will last me all day at work and often into the evening. Aesthetically I find it very pleasing. The various color combinations make it stand out more than other mods (you've seen one Provari you've seen them all) and it's easy to personalize should one choose to and it can stand out even in a room full of Reonauts.

I think that covers A, B, and C. So...what color you goin' to get? :)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I presume you're a Jersey Boy? Did you grow up in the Garden State? I'm in Spring Lake. Listen...the REO MOD is consistent, effortless, and perfect for a long commute (I'm on the GSP for 3+ hours each day). No leaking, no diddling, no headaches. You know us Jersey girls -- we don't bother with sub-par goods. Just get one. :)

If you were still in Jersey, I'd meet you somewhere and let you vape on one of my REOs. That's what we do for our friends.

deb's not diddling on the Garden State Parkway! :thumbs:

. . . . for 3 hrs!!!

not leaking either :|

Last edited:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
REO/RM2= the dripping experience without the fussiness.

It's intuitive. It's simple. It's low maintenance. It performs incredibly well. It's durable. It's handsome. It's got plenty of battery and juice capacity for even the most ravenous among us.

Buy one and give it a go. If you're not convinced, there's plenty of us rabid REOnauts that would be more than happy to take it off your hands for you. (but it never happens that way)

Last edited:

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
Guys seriously, thank you so much for all your input! I value it much more than I do most review video's because I feel like it doesn't get anymore honest than this. Even though your all totally biased haha just kidding. But seriously, thank you :)

And uhm...I'M SOLD!!! :D

to debzcf You are very sweet, totally appreciate your offer! I lived in Northern Jersey for many years (Bergen County), but for the past 8 years I've been living in California (long story), BUT NJ is where my heart is :wub:

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
also: The REO's seem to be totally affordable for the quality/durability/ease-of-use your getting!

1 more question: I saw on reosmods.com that they come with a 510 connection, so technically, I would still be able to use cartos/some clearos/attys/rba's? Also, do you take the bottle out to refill whatever your using in concert with the Reo(cartos...etc), or there's some sort of refilling system where you squeeze the bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread