Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Point taken, but in the RC world, incidents have and do still happen, but we don't see them on the news. I wonder why that is?
Agreed.

And agree with your last paragraph of your last post.

But there's also the fact that RC at that level is still more of an underground activity.

This no doubt limits public exposure and outcry to a degree.

Not that that effects the validity of claims that vaping is targeted unfairly.

Electric vehicles aren't a secret. Yet when they burn down, new York times doesn't revisit the story every month with warnings to the general public

ETA: And they're ACTUALLY life threatening.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Agreed.

And agree with your last paragraph of your last post.

But there's also the fact that RC at that level is still more of an underground activity.

This no doubt limits public exposure and outcry to a degree.

Not that that effects the validity of claims that vaping is targeted unfairly.

Electric vehicles aren't a secret. Yet when they burn down, new York times doesn't revisit the story every month with warnings to the general public

ETA: And they're ACTUALLY life threatening.

Tapatyped

I see many here dont realize Tesla Motors use stacked 18650s in their cars.
;)
main-qimg-c0fdd5cdb7901e428d33c7104635aace-c.jpg

Dont even get me started on flashlights.

This isnt new tech. The dangers arent new.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I see many here dont realize Tesla Motors use stacked 18650s in their cars.
;)
View attachment 618921

Dont even get me started on flashlights.

This isnt new tech. The dangers arent new.
considering mech started mainly with the flashlights... at least some of us know who have actually researched and i knew about the teslas because of the fires they had lol

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
considering mech started mainly with the flashlights... at least some of us know who have actually researched and i knew about the teslas because of the fires they had lol
Now thats my point.
This isnt new tech. The safety info has been around for decades.
Its not specific the vape world.

The info is easily available all over the net.
One has to simply be intelligent enough to spend 10 minutes researching it.
Its not rocket science.

Would you run a chainsaw without learning how to operate it?
Doing so isnt a sign of intelligence, rather the opposite.

Apply that sound logic to operating a vaporizer.
Blaming others for ones own lack of research and responsibility isnt a sign of maturity.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The info is easily available all over the net.
One has to simply be intelligent enough to spend 10 minutes researching it.
Its not rocket science.

Thing is, a person won't do research if s/he doesn't realize that it needs to be researched. The potential dangers of the cells we use aren't immediately obvious in the way the dangers of a chainsaw are.

Note, I'm not saying that it's the responsibility of vendors to educate customers, though it would be a nice thing if they did (of course, many vendors are ignorant of these things).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
What if...

Hear me out...

We just spread the word?

"Batteries are dangerous, contain potential energy and toxic chemicals and require knowledge to use properly and safely. Information is available all over the Internet."

Then @DC2 could teach his wife so she too could spread the word.

And eventually it can be common knowledge that stored energy represents potential danger.

For example: don't throw a lit match in your gas tank if you don't want that energy escaping.

;)

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thing is, a person won't do research if s/he doesn't realize that it needs to be researched. The potential dangers of the cells we use aren't immediately obvious in the way the dangers of a chainsaw are.
That fact that you dont fully understand an electronic device you intend to stick in your mouth would be a big red flag to most.
o_O
And yes, these cells have been around and exploding in laptops and flashlights for over a decade.
The information isnt new.
I agree most people have little experience with anything beyond facebook these days which makes critical thinking even more crucial to reaching old age with all their digits intact.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What if...

Hear me out...

We just spread the word?

"Batteries are dangerous, contain potential energy and toxic chemicals and require knowledge to use properly and safely. Information is available all over the Internet."

Then @DC2 could teach his wife so she too could spread the word.

And eventually it can be common knowledge that stored energy represents potential danger.

For example: don't throw a lit match in your gas tank if you don't want that energy escaping.

;)

Tapatyped

Its like...some people just dont connect the dots.
The ability to think critically is absent.
It..must..be..spelled..out...or someone else is responsible.

Im seriously thinking vaping gets any more popular with this generation the medical supply industry is gonna be a wise investment.
f70dbb4b87237078f62d5706ce6c626a.jpg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
And yes, these cells have been around and exploding in laptops and flashlights for over a decade.

Fun fact:

When I was doing help desk in school in 2006, I was responsible for the successful recall of 800 dell and apple laptops affected by just this.

;)

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
that first video is 2006, the second 2013... we hear about recalls on occasion, but nothing like the scares when they were doing this on planes... but hey same battery types and no changes.
Yep

18650 cells in the dells and apples, too.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
that first video is 2006, the second 2013... we hear about recalls on occasion, but nothing like the scares when they were doing this on planes... but hey same battery types and no changes.

Recalls?
Apple told customers to go pound sand.

http ://iresq.com/apple-repair-news/exploding-batteries-surprisingly-common-for-macbooks-dangerous-to-users/

:offtopic:

Its sunday.
Have some Krokus.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That fact that you dont fully understand an electronic device you intend to stick in your mouth would be a big red flag to most.
o_O
The information isnt new.
I agree most people have little experience with anything beyond facebook these days which makes critical thinking even more crucial to reaching old age with all their digits intact.
The normal consumer won't know that these cells are the same that are/were used in laptops, that they're not specifically made for vaping, that they could potentially be dangerous. I don't know what you worked/used to work with, or if you always had an interest in electronics, but this is not something that is common knowledge. You're fooling yourself if you think it is. And no, it's not only the "youngins" this applies to. In fact, if it weren't for the internet and social media even fewer vapers would be aware of these things.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC2 and ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread