Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I say spun news stories are giving vaping a bad name. You say that's a ridiculous claim. THAT's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is changing your story.

Let's not move the goal posts.

You said blowing up mech mods was giving vaping a bad name. And that's NOT true. Period.

LOL, so you think one example for their agenda is equal to 100 examples for their agenda?

Absolutely.

They're not going for statistical analysis... which would show vaping as inherently safe.

They're going for shock and emotional string pulling.

This picture alone is more than needed...

vapist-640x400.jpg

Also, NO, I don't have to prove something that life is proving already. It's like asking me to prove water is wet.

The only thing life is proving here is that our demographic consists of a massive majority of lazy sheeple.

Instead of fighting Congress for your privilege you're fighting your fellow vaper against it using the tools of propaganda that have been used against you.

And you can't see that although it's been shown to you.

:blink:

Tapatyped

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
umm that's an RX and it's a triple battery mod, he also had a bunch of spares fee floating in his pocket... in total 6 batteries were counted.

LOL...gawd.
Just wished the media would cover this story the way it should have been.
"Wine-o starts fireworks show in his pants using batteries strong enough to jump-start an OTR truck"

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I don't have to prove it. You can see it's already happening every time some ignorant douche says, "Oh, you vape. That can blow up, ya know?"

The news is like a virus and these people blowin' their teeth out with mech mods is spreading to a bunch of sheep that will just assume that vaporizers blow up for no reason.

You don't think that's gonna cripple the vaping industry?

It absolutely will cripple the industry! Look at nuclear energy, there's so many people out there who think nuclear power plants are extremely un-safe because of the propaganda and fear mongering the media does about it. PS I've got a friend who is a nuclear engineer (whatever those guys are called that work in the control room). The media LOVES mis-leading the public just to get better ratings.

Reactions: Eskie

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
i just don't like nuclear power... but i come from a place that only uses hydroelectric, plus you know that whole 3 mile island incident... oh and that other place, you know the one, had the full meltdown? some of us remember both, there's a very valid reason for the nuclear issue and no real comparision to vaping.

oh yeah and japan... you're young kbeam, history has given some of us a living memory.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
10% of the countries that have nuclear power have had a major disaster.

Every one has been so bad the host country lied and downplayed the severity of the situation.

Our civilization hasnt proven to be safe when using nuclear power.

We are like the kids that play with mechs without fully understanding the risks.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
List of nuclear power accidents by country - Wikipedia
Very few direct fatalities.

Coal Mining Fatality Statistics: 1900-2013
Coal mining fatalities in the US (Other countries are much, much higher)

I prefer solar, wind, geothermal and hydro. I don't think nuclear power has been all that bad so far, but it is a little disturbing how old and outdated some of the facilities are. I used to live close to San Onofre and was never happy about how close it was to a major fault. Japan is even worse in that respect.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
List of nuclear power accidents by country - Wikipedia
Very few direct fatalities.

Coal Mining Fatality Statistics: 1900-2013
Coal mining fatalities in the US (Other countries are much, much higher)

I prefer solar, wind, geothermal and hydro. I don't think nuclear power has been all that bad so far, but it is a little disturbing how old and outdated some of the facilities are. I used to live close to San Onofre and was never happy about how close it was to a major fault. Japan is even worse in that respect.

Did you really just say very few fatalities and add the word "direct" as a qualifier so as to not sound utterly ridiculous?

There were over 4000 fatalities and over 600,000 people contaminated by Chernobyl. The environmental damage is still ongoing.

Fukishima is still leaking. Japan has lied about it since day one.
We wont know the true extent for years to come, but its on track to be the worst of them so far.

Nuclear power isnt a bad or good thing.
Its a resource that we dont understand how to use safely.

Oddly enough, Lockheed Martin, government contractor and all around shady MIC company, is developing compact fusion reactors (much safer reaction) which would/could change everything.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
It's always a loose battery! What's wrong with people?? You've got a battery that can discharge at huge amps and people rock about with it in there pocket with loose change and keys! I work for a law firm (please don't hate me) and we have seen this a lot. Not one case has been due to the battery going up in the mod. It's always because they have loose batteries in their pocket with change or keys etc. Silly people [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
It's always a loose battery! What's wrong with people?? You've got a battery that can discharge at huge amps and people rock about with it in there pocket with loose change and keys! I work for a law firm (please don't hate me) and we have seen this a lot. Not one case has been due to the battery going up in the mod. It's always because they have loose batteries in their pocket with change or keys etc. Silly people [emoji85]

we know what is wrong... they never bother to learn about that tiny little bomb in their pocket... clouds are more cool bro!.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

The other place it happens which can be far worse are on mech mods that have inappropriate builds and/or tanks on them. It's like "Hey, check out this wicked 0.04 ohm build I got. Wow can it chuck clouds!. Wanna see?"

No, I don't want to see. I already know and would rather be in a different building when you fire that thing.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I'm surrounded by nuclear reactors and ocean.

Edit: speaking of clouds bro clouds, the guy at my local B&M had his 'bro I'm rocking a .09 alien in my stinger' nearly vent during a long puff. He dropped it on the floor saying it was super hot. Didn't explode thankfully, but he learned something valuable yesterday. I hope...

Last edited:

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
The other place it happens which can be far worse are on mech mods that have inappropriate builds and/or tanks on them. It's like "Hey, check out this wicked 0.04 ohm build I got. Wow can it chuck clouds!. Wanna see?"

No, I don't want to see. I already know and would rather be in a different building when you fire that thing.

That's so true! I was chatting to a young lad that had an unregulated mod vaping at 200w with a 0.01 build (apparently) I'm not sure how true that is, but that seems pretty dumb to me. He changed the battery about 8 times during the ten mins I was in the shop... what's the point? I just want a nice hit with nice flavour. It's that simple. Also, while we're on the subject of stupidity and low builds, what's the lowest safe build you can do? I haven't really made anything lower than 0.25 on a single coil, but that should be alright shouldn't it?

Reactions: Eskie

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Please elaborate. To be fair, I have had one exploded in an external charger. Was talking about that just last night.

Both were people over 45, one man and one woman, both using regulated mods with stock coils in Chinese tank atomizers, both vaping exclusively to not smoke, neither had any desire to clouds bro.
The thing they had in common was they were carrying loose batteries incorrectly.

Rwanda

Dec 12, 2016
Both were people over 45, one man and one woman, both using regulated mods with stock coils in Chinese tank atomizers, both vaping exclusively to not smoke, neither had any desire to clouds bro.
The thing they had in common was they were carrying loose batteries incorrectly.

Was that not the exact thing I said? The only cases I have seen at work are people carrying loose batteries in their pocket. And or buying them from some seriously questionable eBay vendors because it saved them a few £' so I meant I am yet to see a case that has been as a result of correct usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread